Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was told Sumrall was interviewing this week. not sure what day. I personally think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    That is where you misunderstand the situation, ESPN/Disney is the $$$. If you don’t believe that we can end up in the same situation as Oregon State and Washington State you are tricking yourself. Neither one of them have a huge following or national presence just like us. We have to be able to put a product on the field that people want to watch or we could end up in that situation if this hire goes wrong.
    Nope. It's not just Disney money that drives CFB realignment. It's also Fox and cbs and nbc. It's also non tv products like Amazon that drive the process up for TV. It's all about money, which overwhelmingly is TV.

Now if you're talking only the SEC, yea that is Disney. But that's not the question you asked. You asked CFB realignment as a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    That is where you misunderstand the situation, ESPN/Disney is the $$$. If you don?t believe that we can end up in the same situation as Oregon State and Washington State you are tricking yourself. Neither one of them have a huge following or national presence just like us. We have to be able to put a product on the field that people want to watch or we could end up in that situation if this hire goes wrong.
    Yea, if the SEC dissolves around us like the PAC 12 did around WSU and OSU then we would be in big trouble. But the SEC isn't dissolving unless college football changes to the point where conferences somehow go away altogether.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Likely the new framework will look very different from what we have now and we would not be a significant revenue driver.
    SEC brought a Yoko Ohno into the family. Texas is a destroyer of bands. The original 10 have actual ties and history. The rest are a collection of pretenders, fakers, and mercenaries.

"Bros before Hoes" .... Texas, former SWC, and former Big 12 schools are the Hoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Lebby much better than Sumrall.
    We normally agree. I really am not with you here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Nope. It's not just Disney money that drives CFB realignment. It's also Fox and cbs and nbc. It's also non tv products like Amazon that drive the process up for TV. It's all about money, which overwhelmingly is TV.

Now if you're talking only the SEC, yea that is Disney. But that's not the question you asked. You asked CFB realignment as a whole.
    Think what you want, but this is not 10 years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, if the SEC dissolves around us like the PAC 12 did around WSU and OSU then we would be in big trouble. But the SEC isn't dissolving unless college football changes to the point where conferences somehow go away altogether.
    When the time comes there will be on big league and the rest. We better have a product to show.

vCash
    I'm on board with Sumrall too. He checks all the boxes for the kind of coach I want, and would want to play for. The question would be, how well would he be able to recruit? That's the x-factor.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Supposedly, Sumrall would not and will not sign non-compete if UK came open soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Supposedly, Sumrall would not and will not sign non-compete if UK came open soon
    Would that be a deal breaker for yall?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Could you imagine losing your Head Coach to UK? Talk about embarrassing...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Could you imagine losing your Head Coach to UK? Talk about embarrassing...
    Revenge of the Cohen

vCash
    Sumrall is out-confirmed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    I'm on board with Sumrall too. He checks all the boxes for the kind of coach I want, and would want to play for. The question would be, how well would he be able to recruit? That's the x-factor.
    He?s a terrible recruiter. Plus he hates recruiting.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    It would be unless there is a year limit. I think stoops has done well, but I could see a change there soon