Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got a call last night that it?s Lebby

vCash
    I heard we are promoting Brad Peterson.***

vCash
    I just can't see Selmon as AD, hiring Lebby, knowing he will bring the Briles connection here and all the talk to his gig here.

vCash
    If it is Lebby this was a colossal failure. I'd take Odom over Lebby every day and twice on Sunday.

vCash
    I hope it?s Lebby just for the gnashing of teeth and clutching of pearls

vCash
    Not my first choice, but like if true. We need to get away from hiring defensive minded HC.

vCash
    If Odom really wanted the job (as some have said), and Selmon took Lebby instead?.well we need a new AD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    If Odom really wanted the job (as some have said), and Selmon took Lebby instead?.well we need a new AD.
    Odom 100% wants the job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    THIS ^^^^^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Certainly not my first choice, but figuring out who will be successful and who won't is basically flipping coins. Hopefully he works out
    Not really. You just have to be willing to pay out to get a proven winner. You can?t be gun shy with the pocket book in the current SEC state of affairs. Lebby may work out or he may not. Guess we will see. I?m sure he came at a good price though?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Not really. You just have to be willing to pay out to get a proven winner. You can?t be gun shy with the pocket book in the current SEC state of affairs. Lebby may work out or he may not. Guess we will see. I?m sure he came at a good price though?
    I really doubt it's Lebby

Banned
    vCash
    I don’t want lebby. But I want Odom even less

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I really doubt it's Lebby
    I hope not. I just don’t think he’s a good coach, morals notwithstanding. There will be people that don’t support him simply due to the sexual assault accusations. While that is a concern his actions after it all are immature and makes me doubt his leadership abilities. Additionally, I believe he is very “Morrhead-esque” in that his offense does great when he had better athletes than the opponent but it’s all just smoke and mirrors and a little luck. Plus, Heupel and Kiffins leadership and offensive minds have helped him out. He doesn’t have that now and he’s struggling a bit and he has Oklahoma’s resources. It would be a bad hire regardless of how tight he and Selmon are.

vCash
    Could Sumrall as HC utilize Lebby as OC? Would this be a thing or no?

vCash
    If Odom brings his OC, I would be fine with it. Plus he knows how to run a program. That?s what I personally want?..a sitting HC. Coordinators are a toss up, you just don?t know how they will handle being in charge. We have not had much luck with those type of hires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    There will be that in spades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Why would you want a fanbase split like that? I wouldn't want to hire any coach that a lot of fans are uncomfortable with, even if I personally was OK with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Why would you want a fanbase split like that? I wouldn't want to hire any coach that a lot of fans are uncomfortable with, even if I personally was OK with him.
    Well, as you know, there's a certain segment of the population that feels it's a good thing to be an asshole 100% of the time if it gets you what you want and doubly so if it pisses off people you don't like.

Clearly that dude is among them.

I'll still watch the games on TV and cheer for my team, but I won't send a dollar to the athletic department if that's the kind of person we're hiring. Leave that shit to Ole Miss and Auburn.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Is this really the best Selmon can do?
    If true, that really sucks.

The OU people will help him pack.

Never been a head coach and no matter what anyone thinks, the Briles thing is a negative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    If true, that really sucks.

The OU people will help him pack.

Never been a head coach and no matter what anyone thinks, the Briles thing is a negative.
    Here's the thing i don't get about the 'Briles' thing. Most wanted Briles as OC under Arnett last offseason, so of it didn't bother us then why would it bother us now wirh Lebby?

vCash
    Here is what you can bank on. If it?s Lebby, Selmon took the lazy hire. If it?s Odom, Keenum is making the hire. I dont think it is either one of them