Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chadwell reportedly out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    And that's the whole point. How can we say someone is out of the running, when no one knows who is
    I just listed coaches in the running. Chadwell and Malzhan have pulled out. Leipold was never very serious...I mean what more do you want? You asked specifically who we are getting I gave you the best answer I have, now it's "no one knows who is" in the running...come on man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    So it was back channel talks, not formal interviews then?
    We met face to face with more than one candidate. Multiple of our people, Selmon included met with them. It's how coaching searches go.

vCash
    Starkville MS is a hard sell. Ask any non MS homer and literally any P5 location is equivalent or better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuteredDawg View Post
    Starkville MS is a hard sell. Ask any non MS homer and literally any P5 location is equivalent or better.
    I would take Starkville over Gainesville every day of the week. Other than the campus, the city of Gainesville is a $hithole.

vCash
    Yeah. I'm from the GTR. So my perspective is Starkville is great. However if someone offered me a job in Manhattan or lawerence KS or Pullman, WA or Corvallis, OR..... I dnk.

vCash
    Same with Oxford. A bunch of smoke from Homer's on how great it is. Thing is, it's just a small town. Square is nice but that's all there is. Some nice restaurants. News flash, go to Laural MS and it has a nice downtown and restaurants too. Starkville does a well. Starkville doesn't have the downtown like Oxford but if you talk with people that have been to Starkville lately they rave about the cotton district. The media hypes Oxford up because that's where a lot of them went to school. The one thing that is better is the public schools. Other than that it's not much better.

What I've noticed is the people that talk crap on Starkville, if you ask them the last time they've been there, you'll get two answers. 1- never 2- not in the last decade.

Now I know that you're troll and are likely going to have a great day tomorrow but yall's day is coming too. Doctors (especially since a great deal of them didn't go to college in Oxford) and the majority of lawyer aren't going to donate big money and not on a scale boosters from Texas and OK will. Ole miss is about to be right back where they were a few years ago
    Last edited by TheLostDawg; 11-22-2023 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    I would take Starkville over Gainesville every day of the week. Other than the campus, the city of Gainesville is a $hithole.
    Yes but that shithole is 2 hours from Orlando and Tampa. Our shithole is 2 hours from Jackson and Birmingham. Pretty huge difference.

vCash
    A salary can make everything glitter like gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    And at these salaries, you could fly in the Dean of Cambridge and have him or her Home School your kids. So Schools are no longer a factor either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    This. The more I travel the more I realize i don’t need to travel to enjoy myself. Not really. And Orlando, Dallas, Atlanta, NY just doesn’t float my boat anymore after a few visits. I’ve found I have everything that I need and want right where I’m at in rural MS. If I want to experience something amazing I’m going to Europe, Caribbean Isles, Fiji, Japan, or Thailand. I can guarantee you most coaches think the same way. Those dudes STAY in the road and in the office they aren’t traveling to Orlando on their off weekends hahahah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This. The more I travel the more I realize i don’t need to travel to enjoy myself. Not really. And Orlando, Dallas, Atlanta, NY just doesn’t float my boat anymore after a few visits. I’ve found I have everything that I need and want right where I’m at in rural MS. If I want to experience something amazing I’m going to Europe, Caribbean Isles, Fiji, Japan, or Thailand. I can guarantee you most coaches think the same way. Those dudes STAY in the road and in the office they aren’t traveling to Orlando on their off weekends hahahah!
    This.

vCash
    Michigan St appears to be going for Jonathan Smith as their top guy.

vCash
    Pullman Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Pullman Washington
    Equivalent or better

vCash
    Dang can't even pull Liberty's HC, seems like expectations should be lowered dramatically

vCash
    Some of you need to save your melt for Thursday - will be plenty of chances for that then - let this play out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Dang can't even pull Liberty's HC, seems like expectations should be lowered dramatically
    Well, he does have two more games to play, I’m not saying he is out or not, but he has to keep rumors at bay. Just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Some of you need to save your melt for Thursday - will be plenty of chances for that then - let this play out
    Very true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Well, he does have two more games to play, I’m not saying he is out or not, but he has to keep rumors at bay. Just saying.
    This. Things will get real interesting come Friday. If we haven't announced by Monday then I'm betting it's Chadwell.

vCash
    If this is true it?s pretty dam disappointing. I wanted this guy, When I listened to him talk it resonated.