Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle for the Golden Egg Strategies

vCash

Battle for the Golden Egg Strategies

Jett spy Dart. Bookie spy Judkins. Thoughts?

vCash
    Pray. A lot.

vCash
    Best strategy is to consume copious amounts of the bourbon of your choice and make it easier for you.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Jett doesn’t need to spy anyone.

vCash
    Bookie got to be free enough to be Bookie - meaning blitz, sacks, etc.

Dart scrambling could be a dagger for us. Happened all year, we get some pressure but don't get the sack and then a QB scramble for 20 yards. That can't happen Thurs.

We can't sit back and allow Dart to pick our secondary apart. We must pressure and maybe hold back a fast safety to get Dart if he darts. Blitz the gaps so it can slow the run too.

vCash
    Jett spy Dart
    You lost me here

vCash
    Zone coverage, reduce big plays, try to contain Judkins, and make them eat clock to score if possible. Hopefully our offense will have a night where EVERYTHING goes our way, but have lots of alcohol to ease the pain !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Jett doesn?t need to spy anyone.
    ^^^^Jett is an undersized DT playing LB.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 11-22-2023 at 06:30 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Zone coverage, reduce big plays, try to contain Judkins, and make them eat clock to score if possible. Hopefully our offense will have a night where EVERYTHING goes our way, but have lots of alcohol to ease the pain !
    This is the only strategy. No big play TD's given up. Make them drive the length of the field and hope we hold to FG's. Run the ball or short passing game to eat clock and shorten the game. Gotta limit their possessions

vCash
    I fear the crossing pattens and then the deep balls. If the DOG offense can put pressure on them it might be a game,,,,JMHO.

vCash
    I think we have to bring pressure and hope for some turnovers and short fields. It obviously could backfire and get us beaten badly but the only other option would seem to be trying to limit Judkin and force Dart to beat you and I think he would.
    Offensively I think we have to be aggressive and successfully throw deep some but I'm not sure we can pull that off. We have to get the ball to Tulu, Zavion, and Seth Davis. Use what little speed we have.

vCash
    Don't drop the soap, keep our backs to the wall, and we might not get it as bad as I think we will.

vCash
    What is Dart's injury and how healthy is he? Saw he didn't practice Monday.

vCash
    Jett isn't fast enough to spy him/ Just line up all 11 in a tackle to tackle box and bull rush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Best strategy is to consume copious amounts of the bourbon of your choice and make it easier for you.
    Winner. Or just stuff yourself so you have to take a nap around 6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What is Dart's injury and how healthy is he? Saw he didn't practice Monday.
    I doubt they're going to want to run him a whole lot unless they can't help it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I think we have to bring pressure and hope for some turnovers and short fields. It obviously could backfire and get us beaten badly but the only other option would seem to be trying to limit Judkin and force Dart to beat you and I think he would.
    Offensively I think we have to be aggressive and successfully throw deep some but I'm not sure we can pull that off. We have to get the ball to Tulu, Zavion, and Seth Davis. Use what little speed we have.
    We'll have to mix up the coverages to do that. We're actually not too bad against the run.

Looking at the stats on offense we probably need to try to run the ball. It will eat up clock and they're not as good against the run. But we can't just run Woody every time.

We need to catch the damn ball when we do throw it. We were awful against USM catching the ball. I think the key play against USM was the skinny post/slant to Zavion in space. We need to do that more.

vCash
    They have beaten exactly 0 SEC teams not named Vanderbilt by more than one score. But of course some State folks think they are going to win the next 5 Super Bowls and make Brady jealous. We are going to give them all they want

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I doubt they're going to want to run him a whole lot unless they can't help it.
    It’s the last game of the year and they have little to play for other than pride and plenty of time for him to heal. I expect them to go balls out and try to run it up if they can. I actually don’t expect the game to get out of hand and think we will play hard, but I don’t think Lane’s mentality is going to be to protect Dart at all.

vCash
    Although om has beaten most SEC teams by one score, these are also (except Arky) teams that laid the wood to the DOGS, scored almost at will and held the Dogs offense on life support. Those crossing patterns and long passes are what concerns me.