Thread: Dan Mullen

vCash

Dan Mullen

No, he?s not coming back. But there are some people on social media trying to wish this into existence by trying to explain away why he left. They say he only left because it was his ?dream job? LoL. Then what was Tennessee? They don?t know that he was house-hunting in Knoxville before Strickin called him to Florida.

HE WAS GONE EITHER WAY! It wasn?t about any ?Dream Job?. He had told Keenum and Cohen earlier that year he was bolting for a bigger job. Stop making excuses for Dan leaving behind a team that he could have gotten to 10 or 11 wins. Screw him.

vCash
    I understand the hate, but I'll bet a bunch that hate on Dan have taken better jobs in their career also

vCash
    Yea, I don't care that he left or how he left. IMO, it was our fault that we weren't prepared and made a terrible hire after. We should have used the momentum we had and went to get someone like we are now.

vCash
    Folks been mullin' over his return too long. Nothing to see here. Still early and a few others to dive into but as of the moment:

1. Klieman
    2. Leipold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C&DDAWG32 View Post
    Yea, I don't care that he left or how he left. IMO, it was our fault that we weren't prepared and made a terrible hire after. We should have used the momentum we had and went to get someone like we are now.
    This is correct; we made a huge mistake there and missed a golden opportunity. We had the college version 85 bears and could have made any decent coach a top coach again like we did Mullen.

So goes the history of MSU football - what could have been,

vCash
    My biggest problem with Dan is him openly saying he doesn't like to recruit.

I know his history here and maybe he's changed somewhat. But that's something that causes me to be a little gun shy with him.

That being said, I would be completely fine if he came back. Rumor is Keenum probably wouldn't allow this because of how Dan exited. But I could get behind it. He won consistently here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

I know his history here and maybe he's changed somewhat. But that's something that causes me to be a little gun shy with him.

That being said, I would be completely fine if he came back. Rumor is Keenum probably wouldn't allow this because of how Dan exited. But I could get behind it. He won consistently here.
    Forget his problem with Dan, but when does keenum see the hot seat? He's oversaw our academic reputation fall, and he made the ridiculous arnett hire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

I'm in the same camp. I would worry that he would get overwhelmed with the portal and trying to recruit guys that are already on the team to stay. I saw an interview with Urban Meyer the other day and he was saying he wouldn't do well with trying to keep guys around. I don't think Dan would either. I think he's a great coach and can evaluate talent but in the portal world we live in, it's a non stop revolving door.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Forget his problem with Dan, but when does keenum see the hot seat? He's oversaw our academic reputation fall, and he made the ridiculous arnett hire
    That's my question also. I know he's not an athletic director, but the incompetence of hiring Arnett without an agreement that he would retain or hire an air raid coach for offensive coordinator is staggering. Hiring him for continuity and then not making sure there is continuity is just incredibly stupid. I know it's easy to make a dumb mistake and I've certainly made more than my fair share, but that makes me question his competence on everything, just because it was so obvious and because if he had taken advice from anyone with knowledge, it would have come up (unless they thought it was too obvious to mention).

vCash
    Mine too.

vCash
    And hired John Cohen
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I understand the hate, but I'll bet a bunch that hate on Dan have taken better jobs in their career also
    Great point. At 56 I'm still searching! Lol

vCash
    He's been terrible. Especially for athletics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    That's my question also. I know he's not an athletic director, but the incompetence of hiring Arnett without an agreement that he would retain or hire an air raid coach for offensive coordinator is staggering. Hiring him for continuity and then not making sure there is continuity is just incredibly stupid. I know it's easy to make a dumb mistake and I've certainly made more than my fair share, but that makes me question his competence on everything, just because it was so obvious and because if he had taken advice from anyone with knowledge, it would have come up (unless they thought it was too obvious to mention).
    Keenum May have been told by arnett that the offense was not going to change much if at all.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    The irony of our fans refusing Mullen because he is always looking for another job after we just fired a coach after 10 games is rich.

?We demand loyalty dammit!!?

vCash
    Bring back Dan and those 9 years. I'm totally satisfied with the possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    The irony of our fans refusing Mullen because he is always looking for another job after we just fired a coach after 10 games is rich.

?We demand loyalty dammit!!?
    Given the circumstances, Arnett should have remained an interim coach for the entire year, so his tenure doesn't really count in the "quick trigger" department. Moorhead does, but he did a terrible job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Bring back Dan and those 9 years. I'm totally satisfied with the possibility.
    He would be the second/third call I made for sure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He would be the second/third call I made for sure
    He'd definitely get a call.