Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lame Kitten whispers to A&M start growing louder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    RB is saying we have definite interest from two sitting P5 coaches. The speculation is one of them is K State's Kleiman.
    I haven't heard Klieman as having interest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I haven't heard Klieman as having interest
    Then Rosebowl has better sources. ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Aggie sites mention Arizona coach, Washington coach, and ....Ryan Day, as three coaches of interest. Lane is way way down their list.
    Ryan day. Haha.
    I could see Fisch landing there.

vCash
    Ha. Probably so

vCash
    Rosey knows exactly dick. Why does anyone give anything he prints the time of day?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Rosey knows exactly dick. Why does anyone give anything he prints the time of day?
    That's why I finished with these ****.

Nobody knows dick.

vCash
    That's why I finished with these ****.

Nobody knows dick.
    I know who it is but I have been sworn to secrecy until the day it is announced.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I know who it is but I have been sworn to secrecy until the day it is announced.
    Bert leaking the name?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I wasn't expecting an announcement, but was more assuming a letter of understanding. Do you think that is also pushed out as well?
    Understandings are worthless. Ask Tenn and Dan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    But he wil tell you he knew when it was over. And there are people that will have known. But it won't be him. Trust me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    You might. Not calling you a liar but I'm right w a top 5 booster and he doesn't know who it is ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    But he wil tell you he knew when it was over. And there are people that will have known. But it won't be him. Trust me
    Exactly. The dude leaves himself an out with everything he says.

"Coach X has shown interest in being the next coach, but here are 3 reasons why it probably won't happen, but never say never because it might."

That's how he presents nearly everything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    "But.... but..... but..... we have the Grove!" says every UM homer!
    And EVERY TV ANNOUNCER......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Why are we scared of Lane Kiffin?

If we take care of business we will OWN his ass.

He's already pissed a lot of people within that program off.
    He’s about to win 10 games for the 3rd time in 4 years. If I have to explain further why that’s not good for Mississippi State then I don’t know what to say other than you’re just not ever going to get it.

vCash
    I expect A&M to look harder at Kitten if Chadwell chooses to stay at Liberty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You might. Not calling you a liar but I'm right w a top 5 booster and he doesn't know who it is ...
    I would hope by now it is known which boosters can be trusted and which can't. I mean, if you need the money from a booster, you kind of have to fill him in, even if you don't trust him to not repeat what he hears, but you'd hope we have enough trustworthy ones with enough money that we don't have to involve ones that really want to show off what we know. And you'd think most people with enough money to be involved in signing off on buyouts and new commitments wouldn't be worried about showing off that they're in the know, but obviously that's not 100% true at any school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Isn't he making something like $9M at OM? I wonder what A&M will have to come up with for him to leave Oxford.
    It's going to be expensive, but they can do a lot just by extending his deal. Lane has a deal now that extends beyond 4 years, and it should be enforceable, but there is always the possibility they try to renege on it and claim it was void under Mississippi law. If A&M goes $1M more a year and gives him an 8 year deal, that's going to be a pretty significant difference.

But to make it compelling to leave financially, they are going to have to go right back to Jimbo territory, which they may not want to do after just getting burned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It's going to be expensive, but they can do a lot just by extending his deal. Lane has a deal now that extends beyond 4 years, and it should be enforceable, but there is always the possibility they try to renege on it and claim it was void under Mississippi law. If A&M goes $1M more a year and gives him an 8 year deal, that's going to be a pretty significant difference.

But to make it compelling to leave financially, they are going to have to go right back to Jimbo territory, which they may not want to do after just getting burned.
    It completely legal. Just not the part the state is paying. We have a coach w the same type of contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    And, there is no state income tax in Texas. That can be somewhat substantial when talking about those kind of salaries.
    If you go apples to apples, in Mississippi he's making 9 million and paying a 5% state income tax, so he's paying $450,000 to the state of Mississippi. By moving to Texas he essentially get's a 5% pay raise by getting to keep that $450,000.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    If you go apples to apples, in Mississippi he's making 9 million and paying a 5% state income tax, so he's paying $450,000 to the state of Mississippi. By moving to Texas he essentially get's a 5% pay raise by getting to keep that $450,000.
    You have to adjust for property taxes, sales taxes and cost of living in Texas as well. That's not a $450,000 raise after adjustments.