Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lame Kitten whispers to A&M start growing louder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    I agree. OM is doing well, so Kiffin leaving while we are hiring a HC is not a good thing. Plus, they will pay top dollar for a sitting P5 HC, and they have upside on their current roster where as we will be a complete rebuild. He needs to stay at the plantation!
    Well, both A&M and OM are going to bowls. We likely are not. We could hire a good, new guy Friday morning and they'll have to wait a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Well, both A&M and OM are going to bowls. We likely are not. We could hire a good, new guy Friday morning and they'll have to wait a while.
    Don't get your hopes up on a hire this weekend. It may even be after the conference championships a week later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Don't get your hopes up on a hire this weekend. It may even be after the conference championships a week later.
    Any idea who we're looking at?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    If I remember correctly, Lanes girlfriend is in Dallas. Much closer at College Station
    Lane may want to be close to his girlfriend but I'll bet Joey Freshwater would like a little distance between them.

vCash
    I wasn't expecting an announcement, but was more assuming a letter of understanding. Do you think that is also pushed out as well?

vCash
    "But.... but..... but..... we have the Grove!" says every UM homer!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Here is why I think it's very possible lane could win up at am. They have crazy money and don't give a crap how they spend it(see Jimbo). They're tired of watching Jimbo pedestrian offense that gave them zero excitement. They want excitement and they might just throw stupid money at lane. Time will tell. Either way ol lane bout to get paid again by somebody, lol.
    And, there is no state income tax in Texas. That can be somewhat substantial when talking about those kind of salaries.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    My personal take -
    Lane wants Bama. He?s willing to sit until Bama comes open (at least he has).
    It?s obvious when Saban talks this past year, he has gotten a little (very little) nostalgic and talks about building relationships with his players and bridging them beyond football. I?ve heard him several times at conferences, and he?s as good as anyone to make the ?rah rah - building men? speech?but I?ve noticed it?s different lately, you can see it in his eyes as he talks. He knows it?s getting close.
    I personally believe that - definitely if he wins it all this year, and I think that?s his focus?like really real focus - he?s riding off into the sunset.
    He doesn?t want to have to navigate these recruiting waters anymore with portal and now the NIL.
    He doesn?t like the thought of having an extended playoff. He and his staff won?t have the chance to hyper focus on one (or two) opponents, but have to possibly play three games in a row after a conference championship AND the Iron Bowl. It?s a lot, and he knows it.
    And I know we all think there?s bad blood there between them, but I think Kiffen gained Saban?s respect behind closed doors. He?s the only guy who stood his ground with Saban and survived it and did his own thing.
    I think Lane is waiting for Bama to come calling.

vCash
    I agree. I think at earliest it'll be next Monday or as you said after conference championship games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Any idea who we're looking at?
    Yeah but I'm not going to claim it's for sure going to be Chadwell, Fritz, Sumrall, Lebby, etc. Chadwell is one of the ones on top of the list with mutual interest...got to chase out mutual interest in our job vs interest to get a pay raise though. I know there are reports we have made an offer, we may have but I don't have confirmation of that. Malzhan may be more in play now Ark is off the board but I need to hear more to say he is absolutely up the list. We are still chasing P5 Head coaches as well, still think it's a long shot but after firings / hirings after this weekend that may clear up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I wasn't expecting an announcement, but was more assuming a letter of understanding. Do you think that is also pushed out as well?
    If we get a LOU prior, it still won't be announced until after their season is over or as much as possible keep it under wraps in deference to that coach, school and his team to finish first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Aggies may have money but doesn?t mean they will get 85 top players in the country. Not everyone wants to go to College Station. Bama says hold my beer. To me it?s a toss up with Florida and TAM. Florida caught lightning in a bottler with Urban. Aggies never have
    I mean, they just did it a few years ago. Signed the best recruiting class that's ever been signed by anyone. Y'all remember that? Pissed Saban off. They have the money. They can do it regularly if they want to.

vCash
    If we get a LOU prior, it still won't be announced until after their season is over or as much as possible keep it under wraps in deference to that coach, school and his team to finish first.
    But that is what I originally meant with the post. Assuming the LOU holds up, then Ole Miss dealing with a coach loss next week should not affect us if we have it locked up end of this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    But that is what I originally meant with the post. Assuming the LOU holds up, then Ole Miss dealing with a coach loss next week should not affect us if we have it locked up end of this week.
    Oh yeah, gotcha. That's true, as long as we get that done first and if the other side is willing to go ahead and sign.

vCash
    Yeah but I'm not going to claim it's for sure going to be Chadwell, Fritz, Sumrall, Lebby, etc. Chadwell is one of the ones on top of the list with mutual interest...got to chase out mutual interest in our job vs interest to get a pay raise though. I know there are reports we have made an offer, we may have but I don't have confirmation of that. Malzhan may be more in play now Ark is off the board but I need to hear more to say he is absolutely up the list. We are still chasing P5 Head coaches as well, still think it's a long shot but after firings / hirings after this weekend that may clear up.
    Thanks for keeping everyone in the loop.

vCash
    RB is saying we have definite interest from two sitting P5 coaches. The speculation is one of them is K State's Kleiman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    RB is saying we have definite interest from two sitting P5 coaches. The speculation is one of them is K State's Kleiman.
    If this is true, make the hire right now. Search over

vCash
    Lane Train is loading up as we wait to see where his next stop will be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    delete

vCash
    Aggie sites mention Arizona coach, Washington coach, and ....Ryan Day, as three coaches of interest. Lane is way way down their list.