Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lame Kitten whispers to A&M start growing louder

vCash
    Jimbo to Old Dixie*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Jimbo to Old Dixie*
    He would be perfect for them.

And by perfect for them, I mean perfect for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    I think Kif is gone but he's waiting for Sun Belt Billy to get canned at Florida. UF is the more ideal landing spot for Kif....
    I don't think UF is really a better spot. UF and A&M are both great jobs. Prior to NIL I would have said UF is better. Better recruiting grounds and not a clear little brother in the state like A&M is to Texas.

But with NIL, A&M is just as good and probably better than UF. Yes, they are weird as 17, but Gainesville isn't exactly South Florida. It's just Alabama with frosted tips.

The only thing UF has compared to A&M is that it's a shorter flight to Miami. I'm not sure how big of a deal that is though when you're flying in a private plane.

I really don't think Lane is going to pass on a stupid contract from A&M because of hopes that he will get a similar contract from FLorida next year. Billy could turn it around and it might not even open. You just don't get that many options at the truly top tier schools. Just not sure Lane is going to pass on a $70M contract and top notch NIL support in hopes that a better job opens up. And if A&M offers him a $100M contract, I really don't see him passing it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    I think Kif is gone but he's waiting for Sun Belt Billy to get canned at Florida. UF is the more ideal landing spot for Kif....
    I was thinking that too but was reminded that A&M has crazy money and his main frustration is he cant get enough talent to Mississippi compared to Bama and Georgia. At A&M he could get alot closer.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I was thinking that too but was reminded that A&M has crazy money and his main frustration is he cant get enough talent to Mississippi compared to Bama and Georgia. At A&M he could get alot closer.
    aTm has already proven they can buy more talent than anyone, including Bama and UGA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    He would be perfect for them.

And by perfect for them, I mean perfect for us.
    They're not that stupid. But that would be awesome!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Jimbo to Old Dixie*
    One could only hope lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    One could only hope lol!
    Amen to that.

vCash
    Kiffins agent is doing work. Rebs better dig deep and cough it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Kiffins agent is doing work. Rebs better dig deep and cough it up.
    Yep. Just like the Auburn rumors last year. Sexton putting those rumors out there.

vCash
    Aggies may have money but doesn’t mean they will get 85 top players in the country. Not everyone wants to go to College Station. Bama says hold my beer. To me it’s a toss up with Florida and TAM. Florida caught lightning in a bottler with Urban. Aggies never have

vCash
    The short term beauty in this, is we may have our coach locked up in the next few days, and ole miss will be dealing with this fall out next week or 2.

vCash
    If I remember correctly, Lanes girlfriend is in Dallas. Much closer at College Station

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    If I remember correctly, Lanes girlfriend is in Dallas. Much closer at College Station
    I was thinking something along those lines. His kids would have hated Auburn, AL but the DFW area is entirely different.

vCash
    A&Mediocre does not learn lessons easily.

vCash
    Lane and Danny boy are one and the same. You hear the rumors each year and every year they deny it until they don't and leave and at some point laney is leaving, if not this year probably by the next. He wants to win an nc and he knows he won't at om. He's just biding his time just like dan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I don't think UF is really a better spot. UF and A&M are both great jobs. Prior to NIL I would have said UF is better. Better recruiting grounds and not a clear little brother in the state like A&M is to Texas.

But with NIL, A&M is just as good and probably better than UF. Yes, they are weird as 17, but Gainesville isn't exactly South Florida. It's just Alabama with frosted tips.

The only thing UF has compared to A&M is that it's a shorter flight to Miami. I'm not sure how big of a deal that is though when you're flying in a private plane.

I really don't think Lane is going to pass on a stupid contract from A&M because of hopes that he will get a similar contract from FLorida next year. Billy could turn it around and it might not even open. You just don't get that many options at the truly top tier schools. Just not sure Lane is going to pass on a $70M contract and top notch NIL support in hopes that a better job opens up. And if A&M offers him a $100M contract, I really don't see him passing it up.
    Problem is, everytime Ross Bjork or Bdork or anyone gives a press conference at TexAM, they open by saying "Howdy!" lol. I just don't see Kif saying "Howdy!" every time he speaks to ppl at TexAMa. Kif doesn't seem like a cultural fit there and I just don't see a California type guy or Florida type guy like Kif going to TexAM...but crazy money does talk but he would be a "northerner" to the Texas oil money/good ole boy network which would be an odd fit. That is why I mentioned Kif being a much better seemless cultural fit at Florida.

vCash
    Here is why I think it's very possible lane could win up at am. They have crazy money and don't give a crap how they spend it(see Jimbo). They're tired of watching Jimbo pedestrian offense that gave them zero excitement. They want excitement and they might just throw stupid money at lane. Time will tell. Either way ol lane bout to get paid again by somebody, lol.

vCash
    I hope Kiffen does go to Texas A&M. Maybe we can get Traylor to come with us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Eh I?ll believe it when I see it. Lane seems to have it pretty sweet where he?s at unfortunately. But money talks so who knows
    Isn't he making something like $9M at OM? I wonder what A&M will have to come up with for him to leave Oxford.