Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lame Kitten whispers to A&M start growing louder

vCash

Lame Kitten whispers to A&M start growing louder

Buzz starting to get louder Lame may be about to the next lucky recipient of stupid A&M money
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Buzz starting to get louder Lame may be about to the next lucky recipient of stupid A&M money
    It's a beautiful thing...

vCash
    Eh I?ll believe it when I see it. Lane seems to have it pretty sweet where he?s at unfortunately. But money talks so who knows

vCash
    I'd be surprised if he does. I'm sure he'll get a pay raise either way though.

vCash
    Good and bad...
    Good - OM loses a really good HC
    Bad - we looking at same time as OM

vCash
    Lane wants to be on the biggest stage he can be on and that ain't Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Good and bad...
    I agree. OM is doing well, so Kiffin leaving while we are hiring a HC is not a good thing. Plus, they will pay top dollar for a sitting P5 HC, and they have upside on their current roster where as we will be a complete rebuild. He needs to stay at the plantation!

vCash
    Good and bad...
    Hopefully not. I hope this isn't a Cohen hire and things are wrapping up

vCash
    Maybe the Male cheerleaders should dress in all white stand at Midfield face the OM sidelines and do weird body movements before the game. The ultimate Troll Job on Lane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Eh I?ll believe it when I see it. Lane seems to have it pretty sweet where he?s at unfortunately. But money talks so who knows
    Who knows. The Auburn fiasco last year would have been the perfect opportunity for him to negotiate a very Lane-friendly buyout that would make a move easier. Day and DeBoer will both have to say no for them to get to Lane as an option though. Day is almost certainly just fishing for a raise but DeBoer is packing first and asking questions later if he gets the shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    I agree. OM is doing well, so Kiffin leaving while we are hiring a HC is not a good thing. Plus, they will pay top dollar for a sitting P5 HC, and they have upside on their current roster where as we will be a complete rebuild. He needs to stay at the plantation!
    They haven't paid for a sitting P5 coach since Houston Nutt, and they basically got him as a handoff. Not sure why anyone would assume they will do anything other than what their last few hires have been, which is basically the same thing we are doing. There aren't any sitting P5 options they can pull who are good enough to justify it, just doesn't make sense to go that route.

Its the same thing with us really. Could we pay Elko? Absolutely. Does it make sense to write a massive check to hire him over Chadwell? Absolutely not.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    We do not need him there. The chance of them messing up the next hire is very high, considering their hiring past. I don't care if we are looking for another coach at the same time or not. He needs to be gone for us to reach our full potential, no matter who we end up hiring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    We do not need him there. The chance of them messing up the next hire is very high, considering their hiring past. I don't care if we are looking for another coach at the same time or not. He needs to be gone for us to reach our full potential, no matter who we end up hiring.
    Why are we scared of Lane Kiffin?

If we take care of business we will OWN his ass.

He's already pissed a lot of people within that program off.

vCash
    The odds of them landing someone like Lane again are not in their favor.

These morons will hire Petrino and spin it as the best hire they've made since Vaught.

vCash
    Good and bad...
    I normally agree but would you rather take over this S show or try taking over a possible 10 win team. Most coaches would much rather take over a disaster so as to have a few years grace period. Also, the total differences in the two schools likely make it to where a guy isn't a great fit at both.

vCash
    Lane at A&M would be a problem for all of us though

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    We don?t play the Aggies every year starting next year. We will play OM. I want Lane to leave after we?ve hired Chadwell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Some of us say that about our job as well and get reminded by the smart people that we have a terrible job. 5-6 million per year for winning 6-8 games per year at State is a terrible job.

We shall see. He's leaving but I'm not sure it's gonna be for aTm. Those people are stupid and strange.

vCash
    I get what you're trying to do, but...

vCash
    I think Kif is gone but he's waiting for Sun Belt Billy to get canned at Florida. UF is the more ideal landing spot for Kif....