Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braves offseason thread

vCash

Braves offseason thread

This is shaping up to be the most interesting offseason since AA took over at GM. I have no idea what we're up to

vCash
    I don't think I've seen 10 guys cleared off the 40 man in two days like this ever. Dropping Soroka was the right move and likely means Fried is staying.

If the Ohtani rumors are true, then this all makes sense...

vCash
    One thing Ohtani has said publicly about his next move is that if his meetings with these teams are publicized that he will hold it against the team. So if you are hearing rumors about him signing with a specific team then I guess you can rule them out. Talk about a guy that is holding all the cards, good for him though he has earned it. Granted when he signed originally he had said he wanted to live on the west coast though. Could have changed his tune between now and then but he did say it.

vCash
    Personally, I hope we are getting Yamamoto

vCash
    Yamamoto is the real deal

Ohtani is great but the amount of money he is going to command has got to hamstring a team.

vCash
    If something substantial doesn?t happen then AA is going to get roasted. He?s sold the farm and depth and if all he swings is a 4 or 5 SP and a platoon LF then it?s gonna get ugly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    If something substantial doesn?t happen then AA is going to get roasted. He?s sold the farm and depth and if all he swings is a 4 or 5 SP and a platoon LF then it?s gonna get ugly.
    AA knows what he's doing. I have complete faith in him

vCash
    I believe the Braves have set themselves in a good position. If you have to get in a bidding war with Philly of Yamamoto then they have the space now to do it.

It will be a fun offseason to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This is shaping up to be the most interesting offseason since AA took over at GM. I have no idea what we're up to
    Who is "we"? What number did you wear on this year's team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Who is "we"? What number did you wear on this year's team?
    I'm #13, Ronald Acuna Jr. Nice to meet you

vCash
    Nola off the board. If we don?t land Sonny Gray or acquire someone like Dylan Cease or Glasnow in a trade it will be a big disappointment.

I don?t see AA being in on Snell at all so the only other surprise that maybe could happen would be to swipe Montgomery away from the Rangers.

vCash
    Nola off the board. If we don?t land Sonny Gray or acquire someone like Dylan Cease or Glasnow in a trade it will be a big disappointment.

I don?t see AA being in on Snell at all so the only other surprise that maybe could happen would be to swipe Montgomery away from the Rangers.
    Just need a 3. Better selection next offseason. E Rod would be a good choice

vCash
    I hate giving up on Kyle Wright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I hate giving up on Kyle Wright.
    I kinda get it. He?s out next season, only really had that one good season and he?s probably not worth the $ he was going to get.

It?s the other trade I don?t quite get. After years of holding on to pitchers for too long and watching their value diminish, AA finally cuts some loose and gives away Shewmake in the process for a middle reliever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm #13, Ronald Acuna Jr. Nice to meet you
    No, it is my great pleasure to humbly meet you, sir!!

vCash
    I kinda get it. He?s out next season, only really had that one good season and he?s probably not worth the $ he was going to get.

It?s the other trade I don?t quite get. After years of holding on to pitchers for too long and watching their value diminish, AA finally cuts some loose and gives away Shewmake in the process for a middle reliever.
    I'm going to trust AA until he shows me a bad trade. I can't think of anyone he has delt that I look back on now and go "damn, wish we had him". There are a couple Free Agents I'd like back, but when it comes to trades AA has been money.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I don't think I've seen 10 guys cleared off the 40 man in two days like this ever. Dropping Soroka was the right move and likely means Fried is staying.

If the Ohtani rumors are true, then this all makes sense...
    I think AA is in on multiple SPs, and when he finds the right deal he'll jump on it until he signs the number of SPs he wants (2?). If one of those is Fried or not is up to Fried and his agent. But AA is not waiting on him. I wouldn't bet on him coming back.

vCash
    And, with a full bullpen already, AA signs an elite reliever for $30M. Maybe they'll move him back to starter?

Or maybe the plan is, don't care if my SPs are hurt for the playoffs, we'll have enough relievers to win without them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    And, with a full bullpen already, AA signs an elite reliever for $30M. Maybe they'll move him back to starter?

Or maybe the plan is, don't care if my SPs are hurt for the playoffs, we'll have enough relievers to win without them?
    That was our winning formula in 2021

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post

The bullpen wasn't/isn't near full is it? We cut bait on Hand, Yates, McHugh, Stephens, Tonkin, Uncle Jesse, and the rest of the rotating band of ineffective nothings. Doubtful Matzek is ready to go early. But AA is definitely building up a pen of flamethrowers, which is a great thing to have.

Edited to add: I'd still love for them to bring back Jesse Chavez for the 20th time on a cheaper deal. Dude just excels when he's in a Braves uni.