• I'm in for $300/ yearly

0 0%
  • I'm in for $600/ yearly

3 9.68%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alright Guys - Call to Action - Please read from the Owners

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Not fighting just find it interesting the lack of votes. I guess a majority of people don?t see things the same way as others.

If there was a (0) option in poll I think you would get a very accurate gauge of interest.

I agree with you SilentSteel16!

If the majority of fans were for NIL, then why are there only 12 people that have signed up to give to NIL on this board when over 2300 have read this thread? The evidence is showing overwhelmingly that the vast majority of fans are opposed to NIL!

The reasons may vary. For SilentSteel16, one of his reasons and he may have many, is he does not like being told where to put him money. I appreciate that and respect that as that is one reason I don't give to NIL. My other reason is I detest amateur collegiate sports changing to pro status!

This is not a superior attitude as some posture, we are not implying anything other than our opinion on why college sports is losing its luster and fan base! If you read it any other way, then it is your own inferior complex causing you to infer that!

But you pro-NIL guys also speak out of both sides of your mouth, on one hand you say contributing to NIL is the only way to be competitive - we have to buy our players; but on the other hand there is s thread on this board stating that money does not always buy you a championship team! So which is it?

If you pro-NIL guys can't even agree on how to have a championship team then why are you so pro-NIL?

Instead of supporting a system you are not 100% behind, why not focus your efforts in trying to change the current landscape of college sports and make college sports once again, amateur and spin-off the pro-minded athletes to a pro league?

Before you pro-NIL guys respond with some non-useful response, let me ask you one question, Is college sport better off today, under NIL, than it was say 5 or 10 or 20 years ago? If not, then why support this insane effort? This house of cards will eventually collapse!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I agree with you SilentSteel16!

If the majority of fans were for NIL, then why are there only 12 people that have signed up to give to NIL on this board when over 2300 have read this thread? The evidence is showing overwhelmingly that the vast majority of fans are opposed to NIL!

The reasons may vary. For SilentSteel16, one of his reasons and he may have many, is he does not like being told where to put him money. I appreciate that and respect that as that is one reason I don't give to NIL. My other reason is I detest amateur collegiate sports changing to pro status!

This is not a superior attitude as some posture, we are not implying anything other than our opinion on why college sports is losing its luster and fan base! If you read it any other way, then it is your own inferior complex causing you to infer that!

But you pro-NIL guys also speak out of both sides of your mouth, on one hand you say contributing to NIL is the only way to be competitive - we have to buy our players; but on the other hand there is s thread on this board stating that money does not always buy you a championship team! So which is it?

If you pro-NIL guys can't even agree on how to have a championship team then why are you so pro-NIL?

Instead of supporting a system you are not 100% behind, why not focus your efforts in trying to change the current landscape of college sports and make college sports once again, amateur and spin-off the pro-minded athletes to a pro league?

Before you pro-NIL guys respond with some non-useful response, let me ask you one question, Is college sport better off today, under NIL, than it was say 5 or 10 or 20 years ago? If not, then why support this insane effort? This house of cards will eventually collapse!
    jfc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Ok boomer
    I would be willing to bet the boomers are the ones paying most of the bills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Then as I have told you before do not complain when we go 4-8. You have no right any longer. Buying tickets and your bulldog club donation do JACK S*** to help us any longer. Move it all to NIL if you really care about the name on the front of that jersey.
    So he donated to Bulldog club for years, bought season tickets to multiple sports for years, paid tuition for himself, (maybe kids too, IDK) showed up for years to cheer, and he can't complain anymore??? GTFO with that bullshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Boomers and GenX'rs are paying about 90% of the bills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    If you truly want to test the waters you would have added a (0) zero dollars option to your poll. You might be surprised by the results.
    Ok. We get it.

vCash
    Back to top.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    If fans aren't willing to donate to NIL to be on this board, I don't care to see them on the board or to see their opinion
    Then the board will cease being what it is. A place for all bulldogs.

vCash
    Boomers less and less each day, and the loss of control is killing them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Other than the biggest donors, the everyday fan is by far the generation younger than the boomers.

Junior Member JacktownBulldog16's Avatar
    vCash
    I won't give to the NIL until I get an itemized expense report.

vCash
    If fans aren't willing to donate to NIL to be on this board, I don't care to see them on the board or to see their opinion
    There are some people that don't have the money to pay. That's just how it is right now in this economy.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Back to top.
    You can remove my $50 / month on here. Feel free to call me when the Selmon, Lebby, and co. stench is gone from this program.

vCash
    plz just shut the F up. some of us gave you a chance but you proved you are the ass of all asses. go find your safe space and curl in the fetal position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You can remove my $50 / month on here. Feel free to call me when the Selmon, Lebby, and co. stench is gone from this program.
    Goodbye Forrest. Do another Twitter thread about it

vCash
    (1) NIL is just another NCAA scam. "You can't have any of our money from the actual games, but we guess you can go make money on your own. Good luck." It's a half measure that allows the NCAA to meet its mandate from the courts that they can't deny players the right to make their own money, but they still won't share any of the profits of the actual game with the players. It's indentured servitude at absolute best and is disgusting that the coaches and administrators are raking in millions while telling the stars of the show to go sell t-shirts.

(2) NIL is a losing cause for State. Our fan base is not as deep or passionate and doesn't have the egos needed to "win at all cost." It doesn't fit who we are as a university or a fan base. We've never been willing to pony up big money for recruits and that's not going to change just because it's now all of a sudden allowed.

(3) If we don't do something about #2, we're toast. Bottom feeder of the SEC, doesn't matter who we hire, no chance to compete in our conference... We could resurrect Knute Rockne and it wouldn't matter. If we don't have the Jack's and Joe's to compete in the SEC, it doesn't matter how well they're coached.

To me, with it being so obvious that investing in the NIL is the ONLY way we're going to compete with the blue bloods and the rest of the SEC, it's hard to understand why our fan base is so resistant to the idea. It's literally the ONLY way we can win big. We could've hired Nick Saban and it wouldn't change my apathetic attitude towards Miss State football. What would get me excited? Some fat ass checks going to the NIL fund(s). I don't care if it's through something organized here or straight to the BI or somewhere else. If we don't raise the money for NIL, the football program will not have the players it needs to compete. Period. End of story. End of program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    (1) NIL is just another NCAA scam. "You can't have any of our money from the actual games, but we guess you can go make money on your own. Good luck." It's a half measure that allows the NCAA to meet its mandate from the courts that they can't deny players the right to make their own money, but they still won't share any of the profits of the actual game with the players. It's indentured servitude at absolute best and is disgusting that the coaches and administrators are raking in millions while telling the stars of the show to go sell t-shirts.

(2) NIL is a losing cause for State. Our fan base is not as deep or passionate and doesn't have the egos needed to "win at all cost." It doesn't fit who we are as a university or a fan base. We've never been willing to pony up big money for recruits and that's not going to change just because it's now all of a sudden allowed.

(3) If we don't do something about #2, we're toast. Bottom feeder of the SEC, doesn't matter who we hire, no chance to compete in our conference... We could resurrect Knute Rockne and it wouldn't matter. If we don't have the Jack's and Joe's to compete in the SEC, it doesn't matter how well they're coached.

To me, with it being so obvious that investing in the NIL is the ONLY way we're going to compete with the blue bloods and the rest of the SEC, it's hard to understand why our fan base is so resistant to the idea. It's literally the ONLY way we can win big. We could've hired Nick Saban and it wouldn't change my apathetic attitude towards Miss State football. What would get me excited? Some fat ass checks going to the NIL fund(s). I don't care if it's through something organized here or straight to the BI or somewhere else. If we don't raise the money for NIL, the football program will not have the players it needs to compete. Period. End of story. End of program.

Your reasoning in point #1 is ass backwards.

The athletes are STUDENTS, you had to qualify to be a student first, and sports is a past time or extracurricular activity that you have to qualify for in order to participate - a C average or that was the intent years ago.

Student athletes are NOT employees of the university like the coaches are. They are given a scholarship, if they are good enough, to help cover the cost of their education. Even the IRS recognizes the difference between a scholarship and being an employee - employees have to pay taxes on the money they receive from their employees as that is earned income where student athlete with a scholarship do not as long as the money is used to pay for reasonable education related expenses. This is how kids, in days past, who may not normally be able to afford college were able to attend and better their life thru a college education.

The idea of student athletes - amateurs, receiving money for pay or name image and likeness (NIL), has only been an issue in recent years. The question is WHY - WHY NOW? The answer is PURE GREED! Years ago when stadiums were relatively small compared to today (22,000 at MSU vs 65,000 today) plus televised games were a rarity unless you were highly ranked or some high profile named rivalry game. The point is, years ago not much money, relatively speaking, was made by the university. Not much money, not much interest in NIL concepts.

But now, since most games are televised and stadiums have increased dramatically, so has revenue for the university. Now everybody suddenly wants a piece of the big ole pie, including the poor ole student athlete who gets a free education, room, meals and tutoring, plus other perks I am sure I am unaware of!

Turning amateur college athletics into a pro league is turning A LOT of fans off. If you wonder why our NIL fund is not as big as say other schools who have a handful of crazy rich donors, look no further as most everyday fans do not want to pay, some can't pay, a STUDENT to play sports.

I get being competitive and so does the average fan, but turning STUDENT athletes into pros is not the way to do it! It is ruining college sports and if this keeps going it will ruin high school sports as well!

This is PURE GREED and is very quickly ruining college athletics!

Have the universities create a pro farm league, for those pro minded and physically gifted, separate from the university itself where now TRUE STUDENT ATHLETES can compete at the collegiate (amateur) level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Your reasoning in point #1 is ass backwards.

The athletes are STUDENTS, you had to qualify to be a student first, and sports is a past time or extracurricular activity that you have to qualify for in order to participate - a C average or that was the intent years ago.

Student athletes are NOT employees of the university like the coaches are. They are given a scholarship, if they are good enough, to help cover the cost of their education. Even the IRS recognizes the difference between a scholarship and being an employee - employees have to pay taxes on the money they receive from their employees as that is earned income where student athlete with a scholarship do not as long as the money is used to pay for reasonable education related expenses. This is how kids, in days past, who may not normally be able to afford college were able to attend and better their life thru a college education.

The idea of student athletes - amateurs, receiving money for pay or name image and likeness (NIL), has only been an issue in recent years. The question is WHY - WHY NOW? The answer is PURE GREED! Years ago when stadiums were relatively small compared to today (22,000 at MSU vs 65,000 today) plus televised games were a rarity unless you were highly ranked or some high profile named rivalry game. The point is, years ago not much money, relatively speaking, was made by the university. Not much money, not much interest in NIL concepts.

But now, since most games are televised and stadiums have increased dramatically, so has revenue for the university. Now everybody suddenly wants a piece of the big ole pie, including the poor ole student athlete who gets a free education, room, meals and tutoring, plus other perks I am sure I am unaware of!

Turning amateur college athletics into a pro league is turning A LOT of fans off. If you wonder why our NIL fund is not as big as say other schools who have a handful of crazy rich donors, look no further as most everyday fans do not want to pay, some can't pay, a STUDENT to play sports.

I get being competitive and so does the average fan, but turning STUDENT athletes into pros is not the way to do it! It is ruining college sports and if this keeps going it will ruin high school sports as well!

This is PURE GREED and is very quickly ruining college athletics!

Have the universities create a pro farm league, for those pro minded and physically gifted, separate from the university itself where now TRUE STUDENT ATHLETES can compete at the collegiate (amateur) level.
    Cab. Politely stick your head back in the sand to the changing world and DROP IT. Your view is HURTING MSU. Whether you are buying tickets or not. People will take your posts and spew that MSU doesn't support NLI.

vCash
    Del
    Last edited by Dogbone; 11-30-2023 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    Lot of fans don?t care to see your opinion.