Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Coaching Carousel - Per Kendall Rogers

vCash

Baseball Coaching Carousel - Per Kendall Rogers

https://x.com/KendallRogers/status/1790586806913671229

"Sounds like the coaching carousel could be spinning again as soon as tomorrow. I'm expecting a rather active carousel this summer w/ a few high-level jobs coming open. I'd expect a couple of surprises....."

vCash
    If OM misses the tournament, they probably "promote" Bianca to Assistant AD of Teddy Bear production and hire someone new

Banned
    vCash
    One can't afford to diddle around very long in the new 16 team SEC baseball league.

vCash
    The Ole Miss job will come open. I could see that causing ECU to open. I don't really see any other SEC jobs opening. I could maybe see UCLA opening. The one I would look for as it relates to our staff would be Tulane. That situation has not improved since they didn't give Gautreau the full time job. I would wonder if they don't come back to him. I know there was some talks about him taking either that or the Memphis job after the 2022 season. However, it's always been an open secret that Jake will not leave for a job other than P5. But years have passed and maybe that stance has changed and he sees now as a good time to move on.

vCash
    Louisville could be one. They are not projected in the field right now at 29-22 (13-14). If they miss- means only 1 Regional appearance the last 4 years and missed 2 straight now.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Some chatter also about the SC job possibly coming open
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Both Louisville and SC would be interesting. Both for Lemonis and SC for Parker as well. I don't think Louisville could pull Lemonis unless he wanted to take a paycut. I could also see SC making a run at Justin Haire. A dark horse candidate for the Louisville job could be Jordan Bischell. If you remember the name, he was the CMU coach when the came here for the regional in 2019

vCash
    Parker isn't getting a P5 HC job right now, Maybe in a few years. Godwin to OM, Haire to SC. I could see Geaut taking off with there being some instability here but probably has to be one of his ideal jobs. I could also see Lemonis to SC if things fell just right.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-15-2024 at 09:04 AM.

vCash
    The Kennesaw State coach should get some mentions at some point , right? Maybe not to an upper tier SEC school.
    Or was the success due to an assistant coach?

vCash
    TX Longhorn coaching job - if that comes open again that will be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    TX Longhorn coaching job - if that comes open again that will be interesting.
    2022-Omaha
    2023-Supers
    2024- 32-20 and squarely in the tournament.

I think Pierce is probably safe for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    2022-Omaha
    2023-Supers

Talking about Longhorn fans though..... just a matter of time.

vCash
    2022-Omaha
    2023-Supers

I don't know. I know more than a few Longhorn fans that want him gone, but fans don't hire or fire coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    I don't know. I know more than a few Longhorn fans that want him gone, but fans don't hire or fire coaches.
    Exactly and their football is rolling. If football is rolling there, all the other coaches are safe. Also, if they were to fire Pierce, they'd first try to go get Vitello and then when he told them no they'd just go get Wes Johnson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Parker isn't getting a P5 HC job right now, Maybe in a few years. Godwin to OM, Haire to SC. I could see Geaut taking off with there being some instability here but probably has to be one of his ideal jobs. I could also see Lemonis to SC if things fell just right.
    With all of these openings, where would we end up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    With all of these openings, where would we end up?
    The candidate pool would be the same (Haire, Bischell, Ballard, Walter, etc.), it would just be when you got to the point of needing a new HC. If you got there in early June you'd be fine. If you got there in late June-early July then your top choice may have already taken another job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    The Kennesaw State coach should get some mentions at some point , right? Maybe not to an upper tier SEC school.
    Or was the success due to an assistant coach?
    Kennesaw has always had a rock solid program - back to when they were winning Nattys in NAIA and DII. You could recruit a damn good SEC roster within a 15 mile radius of that campus.
    But yes, Coe is a good coach and can ID talent having spent a decade as an MLB scout. I played summer ball with some of Coe's team mates on KSU's '94 NAIA Natty team. They were a fun bunch to watch back then.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Kennesaw has always had a rock solid program - back to when they were winning Nattys in NAIA and DII. You could recruit a damn good SEC roster within a 15 mile radius of that campus.
    But yes, Coe is a good coach and can ID talent having spent a decade as an MLB scout. I played summer ball with some of Coe's team mates on KSU's '94 NAIA Natty team. They were a fun bunch to watch back then.
    You got that right! Kennesaw State has always had a great baseball program, talent rich area. I have coached a lot of tournaments over in that area against the great East Cobb teams, Home Plate Chili Dogs, etc... Lots of baseball players there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You got that right! Kennesaw State has always had a great baseball program, talent rich area. I have coached a lot of tournaments over in that area against the great East Cobb teams, Home Plate Chili Dogs, etc... Lots of baseball players there.
    The East Marietta Little League Team that won the LLWS in '83 spawned the East Cobb organization. A lot of those guys were older brothers of the early East Cobb Astros, and I played against those guys in high school and against the Astros in the summer. Pitching was in Cobb was insane. Scott and Marc Piscotta, MSU great Chris George, MLBers Kris Benson & Mike Hostetler. It was an awesome place to play ball.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    2022-Omaha
    2023-Supers

2021 won 50 games, #2 overall seed, CWS, eliminated by STATE