Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brennan Marion, Rising Star, OC for UNLV

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    He is interviewing for the San Diego St HC job, he is getting close to getting his own program.
    I wonder if UNLV would potentially be interested if Odom left for say MSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    As much as I don't want to go the coordinator route again, and he probably needs more proof of concept, I really just think this dude is can't miss.
    I think he is a rising star. But I don't think he is quite ready for the SEC yet. Maybe after a year or two at San Diego State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I wonder if UNLV would potentially be interested if Odom left for say MSU?

I think he is a rising star. But I don't think he is quite ready for the SEC yet. Maybe after a year or two at San Diego State.
    I would think so, that is what I actually anticipate the more likely scenario would be. If they think he's ready.

vCash
    Mark me down for Marion>Odom. Say Odom stabilizes everything, he's still searching for an OC every 3 years or so especially if he hits. Seems like a high floor, low ceiling type. Give me the low floor, high ceiling swing for the fences hire. Of course Marion isn't ready, maybe a chance to bring in an old vet DC that used to be a HC.

I'm just really against defensive HC's. From Chadwell, Leipold and Kleiman to Odom is making me lose wool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Mark me down for Marion>Odom. Say Odom stabilizes everything, he's still searching for an OC every 3 years or so especially if he hits. Seems like a high floor, low ceiling type. Give me the low floor, high ceiling swing for the fences hire. Of course Marion isn't ready, maybe a chance to bring in an old vet DC that used to be a HC.

I'm just really against defensive HC's. From Chadwell, Leipold and Kleiman to Odom is making me lose wool.
    Chadwell, Leipold, and Kleiman have to be interested. Just because they are added to a hot board does not mean they are interested. It means it is people that we are expected to reach out to to gauge interest.

As for your statement about Marion. You literally say of course he is not ready but then you are going on a wing and a prayer he could hire a staff. That is exactly what we just GD did with Zach Arnett.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post

What's the difference between that and Dan Mullen looking for a new DC every year? Jackie's OC typically lasted for about 3 seasons themselves before they moved on. Sparky Woods lasted the longest I believe at four years.

vCash
    What's the difference between that and Dan Mullen looking for a new DC every year? Jackie's OC typically lasted for about 3 seasons themselves before they moved on. Sparky Woods lasted the longest I believe at four years.
    I'd rather have to consistently find and hire DCs than OCs.

With our recruiting footprint and history of good defenses, having consistency with the offense is far more important imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Brennan Marion and GJ Kinne are maybe the top two young offensive minds in college football right now.
    Saw that Marion has interviewed for the SDSU HC position.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Sean Lewis isn't very good. I don't understand why his name comes up. Prime demoted him even (that's bad). The AR Cultists just set themselves up for disappointment.
    Prime is a self serving ass hat that refuses to admit that his son is the issue with his offense and not the OC. Sean Lewis is a very good offensive coordinator.

vCash
    word

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Prime is a self serving ass hat that refuses to admit that his son is the issue with his offense and not the OC. Sean Lewis is a very good offensive coordinator.
    Prime?s issue on offense is not so much his son, nor his OC, but just a legit lack of talent on the OL. Lewis was doing a dang good job disguising the lack of talent there. But teams saw it on film after the first couple of weeks and began capitalizing on it. It shows all the more how well Lewis coached around it and made his offense successful even with such a gaping issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Chadwell, Leipold, and Kleiman have to be interested. Just because they are added to a hot board does not mean they are interested. It means it is people that we are expected to reach out to to gauge interest.

As for your statement about Marion. You literally say of course he is not ready but then you are going on a wing and a prayer he could hire a staff. That is exactly what we just GD did with Zach Arnett.
    I understand if they aren't interested. I'm just saying if we're down to our 5th option (no idea where we are) then swing for the fences on an up and comer. We all think this will be a longer than normal rebuild anyway. I'm just saying if we hire what might be the best young OC in the country and give him 4 years to rebuild and try to learn to be a HC that would excite me more than NC St HC or someone. Again this is just my thought process if the worst case scenario happens.

vCash
    Defenses schemes are all relatively similar, sure there's different terminology and styles, but cover 3 is cover 3. It's not like switching from a spread power run to AR or from AR to Chadwell's scheme.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Prime?s issue on offense is not so much his son, nor his OC, but just a legit lack of talent on the OL. Lewis was doing a dang good job disguising the lack of talent there. But teams saw it on film after the first couple of weeks and began capitalizing on it. It shows all the more how well Lewis coached around it and made his offense successful even with such a gaping issue.
    His son is exceptionally average.

vCash
    Lanning said it best. Colorado is all about getting clicks............