Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Go back and watch the film and you will back off Barbay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Barbay is one of the most consistent OC's in Bartoo's coaching matrix over the last several years. I refuse to say he is trash yet when he has a guy as bad as Will at QB. Granted, he keeps running him out there, so that's on him, but I really think we're just not executing at all right now, and if you aren't executing perfectly Will is incapable of ad-libbing and doing what great QB's do...which is creating things when nothing is there.

I truly feel that if we will switch to Wright and run a full version of the misdirection run game with play action like his TD pass, along with some zone read, we can be okay in Barbay's offense. If we continue trying Will, he will continue doing the same things poorly that he's done the last 3 years poorly, and Barbay will continue to make himself look like garbage.

If Barbay feels Wright cant do it, then we might as well punt the year and get Parson in there taking lumps...bc Will is not turning this offense into anything close to competitive. We have seen enough. And if you haven't, you're just trying not to see it. Make Will the assistant QB coach like we did making Riley Self the 1st base coach....whatever you want to do to make him feel better...just get him out from behind center.

The fact is Bartoo was and is wrong. App state with a returning SR starter and 2 starting sr RBs returning could only win 3 conference games in his one year there. Before him with the same QB and RBs... 7-1 in conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Barbay can?t run the Air Raid. What makes you think he can run the Academy ball triple option, because that?s the only offense Wright can run.
    Is that what Mullen ran? Because Relf and Fitz couldn't throw a lick but the run game made it to where the receivers were wide open.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    The fact is Bartoo was and is wrong. App state with a returning SR starter and 2 starting sr RBs returning could only win 3 conference games in his one year there. Before him with the same QB and RBs... 7-1 in conference.
    Barbay has sucked here, but his offense at app state was better last year than it was the year prior. Their problem last year was defense.

vCash
    Barbay sucks so far. No way around that. Players haven't done their jobs well either. But coaching is THE big problem. We won't even replace players. That's coaching.

vCash
    They fired their defensive staff and S/C staff. Wasn't the offense. Offense was highly ranked.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Is that what Mullen ran? Because Relf and Fitz couldn't throw a lick but the run game made it to where the receivers were wide open.
    I don’t want to go back to Chris Relf and Nick Fitz type passers long term but with our OL being as bad as it is and Will Rogers Continuing to be bad (just like he was last year every time we played a defense with a pulse), we have to do something different at quarterback. Will is going to get killed. They can’t block and he can’t move. We have to put someone back there that can at least get out of the way of a defensive end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Barbay has sucked here, but his offense at app state was better last year than it was the year prior. Their problem last year was defense.
    No it wasn't. 500 yards less for the starting QB and 800 yards less for the 2 starting RBs.

2021: 3,500 yards passing of which the starter had 3,337. Starting backs, 1,128 and 926

2022: 2960 passing. RBs: 604 and 593. Noel is already at 420 this season. That's 184 yards away from his total last year under Barbay.

vCash
    No it wasn't. 500 yards less for the starting QB and 800 yards less for the 2 starting RBs.

2021: 3,500 yards passing of which the starter had 3,337. Starting backs, 1,128 and 926

2022: 2960 passing. RBs: 604 and 593. Noel is already at 420 this season. That's 184 yards away from his total last year under Barbay.
    Yep. App State offense is better this year with Jeff Ponce calling plays.

vCash
    Makes sense. Replace one of the all time leading passers in the conference and one of the most accurate passers with a guy who can?t hit the ocean while in a boat when he passes it just because he can run.
    I've defended Will enough and said he was our best option to start the year but yesterday was zero accuracy from him. Wright can absolutely throw better than what Will did yesterday.

vCash
    Yep. App State offense is better this year with Jeff Ponce calling plays.
    They got 6.56 per play last year. 6.06 per play this year.

vCash
    I?m certainly for making major QB decisions based on the results of one game with a shitty play caller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    They fired their defensive staff and S/C staff. Wasn't the offense. Offense was highly ranked.
    They ranked 33 in defense in the prior and 36th while Barbay was there. 3 spots isn't the reason they only won 3 conference games.

In 2022, they lost to James Madison, Texas St, Coastal Carolina, Marshall, Georgia Southern. All of which they won the prior year.

vCash
    I?m certainly for making major QB decisions based on the results of one game with a shitty play caller.
    Thought you were an analytical guy, or do you just like the analytics when they say what you want? Obviously this season is off to a shaky start, but the analytics have liked barbay. Lord knows I love to make sweeping predictions based on small samples, but I've decided to let it play out a few weeks... maybe I'm just getting old

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

App State was a better scoring offense in 2022 than 2021. That’s the facts. I don’t give a shit how many yards they had.

vCash
    I?m curious as to what analytics actually likes Barbay.

vCash
    They ranked 33 in defense in the prior and 36th while Barbay was there. 3 spots isn't the reason they only won 3 conference games.

In 2022, they lost to James Madison, Texas St, Coastal Carolina, Marshall, Georgia Southern. All of which they won the prior year.
    Scoring defense went from 30th in 2021 to 67th in 2022.

In those 5 losses, app st avg'd 29.8 per game

vCash
    Matrix analytical and FEI

vCash
    FEI and espn's FPI offense had app state better than us last season. And obviously matrix analytical loves barbay

vCash
    Barbay wasn't the play caller in the bowl game. Or in the egg bowl....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Barbay is one of the most consistent OC's in Bartoo's coaching matrix over the last several years. I refuse to say he is trash yet when he has a guy as bad as Will at QB. Granted, he keeps running him out there, so that's on him, but I really think we're just not executing at all right now, and if you aren't executing perfectly Will is incapable of ad-libbing and doing what great QB's do...which is creating things when nothing is there.

I truly feel that if we will switch to Wright and run a full version of the misdirection run game with play action like his TD pass, along with some zone read, we can be okay in Barbay's offense. If we continue trying Will, he will continue doing the same things poorly that he's done the last 3 years poorly, and Barbay will continue to make himself look like garbage.

If Barbay feels Wright cant do it, then we might as well punt the year and get Parson in there taking lumps...bc Will is not turning this offense into anything close to competitive. We have seen enough. And if you haven't, you're just trying not to see it. Make Will the assistant QB coach like we did making Riley Self the 1st base coach....whatever you want to do to make him feel better...just get him out from behind center.
    Good post.