Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've never been more disappointed in a coaching staff after a win

vCash

I've never been more disappointed in a coaching staff after a win

Since Joe moe in the egg bowl. Our offense can't make up its mind what it wants to be. The play calls and personnel in situations are mind boggling. Our defense is playing some type of soft zone where there isn't a DB with in 15 yards of a receiver. This team is not good and it's the most experienced team we've had in a long time. When you regress considerably with most people returning, it's all on coaching. I'm not impressed AT ALL

vCash
    I agree to an extent. Although, I think we have a highly distinctional team right now. I think we don?t have a QB and our OC is trying to come up with something that works. And we have a new DC with a new HC and they are trying to figure that out. I am done with Will. He?s just not capable of running an SEC offense. But neither is Wright. Our DL is average. No rush. And we use our LB?s too much to create pressure. An experience QB can expose that with wide open crossing routes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Since Joe moe in the egg bowl. Our offense can't make up its mind what it wants to be. The play calls and personnel in situations are mind boggling. Our defense is playing some type of soft zone where there isn't a DB with in 15 yards of a receiver. This team is not good and it's the most experienced team we've had in a long time. When you regress considerably with most people returning, it's all on coaching. I'm not impressed AT ALL
    Hey message board coach, go watch the post game interview. On behalf of the coaching staff, Arnett straight took the blame for this game and complimented the players. This game should have been a blowout but there was one specific player that missed a few opportunities earlier on that let Arizona believe they had a chance.

It?s sad that this will be another transitional season because like 2017 we have a pretty decent defense but an even more experienced offensive line that both will go to waste.
    Last edited by HailState2008; 09-09-2023 at 10:34 PM.

vCash
    A win is a win at MSU. Hell we lost to Memphis 2 years ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    The officials cost us that game.

vCash
    If Will is our QB, we can't call a game like this ever again. Also, no point in bringing in Wright and disrupting the flow. It worked fine against an FCS opponent but it's not going to work much against anyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    If Will is our QB, we can't call a game like this ever again. Also, no point in bringing in Wright and disrupting the flow. It worked fine against an FCS opponent but it's not going to work much against anyone else.
    This is the post of the night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailState2008 View Post
    Hey message board coach, go watch the post game interview. On behalf of the coaching staff, Arnett straight took the blame for this game and complimented the players. This game should have been a blowout but there was one specific player that missed a few opportunities earlier on that let Arizona believe they had a chance.

It?s sad that this will be another transitional season because like 2017 we have a pretty decent defense but an even more experienced offensive line that both will go to waste.
    YEp he is taking it now on the 5th QTR show. He won't throw a player or another coach under the bus.

vCash
    I like what Wright makes a defense account for.

I will say that if you're going to bring in Wright, you should have him handoff on 3rd and 6 to bring Will back for the 4th and 1 conversion. Jesus barbays use of them was atrocious, didn't use either QB for their actual skillset at all

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    I agree to an extent. Although, I think we have a highly distinctional team right now. I think we don?t have a QB and our OC is trying to come up with something that works. And we have a new DC with a new HC and they are trying to figure that out. I am done with Will. He?s just not capable of running an SEC offense. But neither is Wright. Our DL is average. No rush. And we use our LB?s too much to create pressure. An experience QB can expose that with wide open crossing routes.
    He has run a successful SEC offense for 3 years and won 9 games last season. He's not good in this offense. We have a head coach that completely torpedoed the offense that every player on the roster was recruited to run. It's OK though because he's "one of us". GTFO

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post

I will say that if you're going to bring in Wright, you should have him handoff on 3rd and 6 to bring Will back for the 4th and 1 conversion. Jesus barbays use of them was atrocious, didn't use either QB for their actual skillset at all
    2013 LSU vibes. "They're using both of them the exact same."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post

I still can't believe after two games Wright still hasn't thrown a pass. I know he's not the most accurate but he's not so bad that we have to hide it completely.

vCash
    To me, it would be more effective to play Wright with 5 WRs as a mobile WR. Then it's a wrinkle that changes the equation on 2nd and 3 type downs. Especially today when running the clock or near the goal line.

The way that Wright is used, is upside down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    To me, it would be more effective to play Wright with 5 WRs as a mobile WR. Then it's a wrinkle that changes the equation on 2nd and 3 type downs. Especially today when running the clock or near the goal line.

The way that Wright is used, is upside down.
    Agree. A mobile QB is kryptonite to a D.

We don't know who we are or what we want to run on O. No idea what to do with Will.

We are short on talent on D. This started happening years ago and I knew it was going to catch up with us. We aren't stuffing any NFL rosters off this D. Hopefully we are starting to get some guys who can be?

vCash
    I thought Arnett had it right going in at the half when he said our team is bi-polar. He obviously, ultimately, blamed the coaches gameplanning as the problem, but also blamed himself in the first-half for going conservative when the players were attacking all over the field. Wether it?s his fault, Barbary?s fault or Friend?s fault or all their fault, one things for sure, we ain?t beating LSU having our guys do what they did last night. Here?s to hoping they figure some things out. I?d say even C34 could do better calling a game than what Barbay did. Last night set me back a few years in optimism, and that?s not good, because everyone knows our two-deep takes a huge hit next year.

Ps?so much with Barbay designing his offense around the players he has?.the biggest coachspeak we were told all off-season that was happening. If they can?t get behind Will, then don?t play him. Once they ruin his confidence and still won?t let Wright throw, then where we gonna be? Oh, how I was missing the Air Raid last night. The only team in the country trained in the true Air Raid system, while every football team in America uses some concepts from the Air Raid, we just gonna totally and completely remove all remnants and for why?
    Last edited by JoseBrown; 09-10-2023 at 08:29 AM.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Just a hypothesis:

What if Peter Barbay scripted the entire game with Wright running it and then, for shits and giggles, made Will execute it?
    Last edited by vindastra; 09-10-2023 at 08:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vindastra View Post
    Just a hypothesis:

What if Peter Barbay scripted the entire game with Wright running it and then, for shits and giggles, made Will execute it?
    I think Barbay was trying to slow the game down to give our defense a break. Problem is, they were stopping the run and we weren't running plays to get the ball out of will's hands fast enough.

Looking at Colorado, they came out in the second half and still ran the ball but also drew up plays to get the ball out of Sanders' hands fast so the defense couldn't pin their ears back. It opened up some down the field throws.

We just need to get better at adjusting on what the defense is doing. Coaching was bad last night. Hopefully they'll figure it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    2 years ago we had a bunch of Sophs, not Srs. And our now SEC & MSU record setting 4th year QB was probably only starting his 7th or 8th game that day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    2 years ago we had a bunch of Sophs, not Srs. And our now SEC & MSU record setting 4th year QB was probably only starting his 7th or 8th game that day.
    Well said! This team is supposed to be veterans, the immature behavior like overlooking an opponent isn't supposed to be a problem. We returned everyone from a 9-4 team. But I don't think we overlooked Zona, I think the coaches are sucking hard right now

vCash
    We just feel like we don't have an identity right now, which is not that weird for a completely new coaching staff. The question is, say we go 6-6 this year, then 6-6 again next year with a first year Parsons starting... do we give CZA a third year?