Thread: South Carolina getting the injury bug

vCash

South Carolina getting the injury bug

Beamer says their starting right tackle is out for an extended period of time and they lost a LB for the season due to another knee injury. Beamer also says they've got 4 others in their 2 deep that are doubtful for this week.

For those that have been, Williams Brice is a weird environment. But with our game being sandwiched between them playing @Georgia and @Tennessee, I'm starting to feel better about that game. Especially if the injury bug is starting to get them.

If they can't get healthy, they are 1-2 heading into our game staring a 1-4 start in the face before September is over.

vCash
    I like Beamer, and If I had had my pick I would have made a run at him when we hired Leach (not knowing Leach was an option).

But, I kind of look at SC like they are 2011/Mullen Year 3 MSU right now. Year 1 - proved they were better than the Boom Era and reignited the fan base. Year 2 - snuck up on a couple big teams for wins and showed the future was bright. Year 3 - get smacked back to reality enough to know they are better, but really moving up in the SEC pecking order is tough.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Lot of complaints about their new OC too. Some of his play calls against UNC were very questionable.

vCash
    Watched us play them there back in the 90's plus I went there for a few games in the 80's while in the Army. It was a great place plus 5 points in Columbia was great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I like Beamer, and If I had had my pick I would have made a run at him when we hired Leach (not knowing Leach was an option).

But, I kind of look at SC like they are 2011/Mullen Year 3 MSU right now. Year 1 - proved they were better than the Boom Era and reignited the fan base. Year 2 - snuck up on a couple big teams for wins and showed the future was bright. Year 3 - get smacked back to reality enough to know they are better, but really moving up in the SEC pecking order is tough.
    I liked the Beamer in year 1 at South Carolina. But this is a different Beamer. He has been cocky and arrogant since the end of last year. Has said stuff being arrogant, and also he gets really whiny in games now.
    He was griping about the chain gang crew being late to the field for 2nd half kickoff claiming that affected them, etc. He is feeling the heat and getting obnoxious now.

vCash
    To add to the loss of their returning starting left tackle in the spring game prior to the season.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Watched us play them there back in the 90's plus I went there for a few games in the 80's while in the Army. It was a great place plus 5 points in Columbia was great.
    It's a nice stadium and environment. Definitely underrated in the SEC. Kind of similar to us honestly as far as football goes.

I was there in 1998 when Prentiss took it to the house. And then JJ took it to the house.

Fun game.

vCash
    This game outcome will depend on if we get the good or bad Rattler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    This game outcome will depend on if we get the good or bad Rattler.
    Eh maybe. UNC got the good Rattler and it didnt matter at all with how terrible the OL was

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Eh maybe. UNC got the good Rattler and it didnt matter at all with how terrible the OL was
    Dawgs still have to show that they can catch a running QB.