Thread: Rogers today

vCash

Rogers today

Something I noticed about Rogers today is he can?t throw to receivers in stride. He basically throws to a spot and that?s it.
    The one td pass he had down the sideline was him throwing to a spot and the receiver running to the spot. He?s behind or low on slants. He overthrows on posts. He can only connect with a receiver inside 5 yards or if they flash their numbers to him. He for sure can?t throw a guy open.
    He?s not the answer. Not sure Wright is either, but one thing for sure is the whole offense picked up their game when Wright came in. I?ll take that and Wrights speed over Rogers play for now.

vCash
    Ummm, all QB's throw to a spot.

vCash
    I'm not saying it's a sure thing. I'm just saying it's worth testing the notion with some more playing time and a bigger portion of the playbook for Wright.

vCash
    STFU
    STFU
    STFU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Ummm, all QB's throw to a spot.
    You throw different in man vs zone. Open area vs leading away. I bet 3 years of nothing but zone is hard to shake off. He definitely had some wrong side of the wr throws today
    Last edited by MrCoachKlein; 09-02-2023 at 10:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    STFU
    STFU
    STFU
    Save me a shot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    STFU
    STFU
    STFU
    LOL!! C'mon Cooter!! You can do better than that!!!

vCash
    I'm more worried about Rogers now than I have been at any point in the last 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I'm more worried about Rogers now than I have been at any point in the last 3 years.
    Agreed. He seemed uncomfortable and rushed the whole time. To what extent is that because of his own lack of mastery in the O vs his fear of getting hit? I know or don't care. It was vs a FCS school. He looked like he did vs OM last year but vs an FCS school. Panicked and scared. He rushed some throws and was wild because of it. He was juiced up and overthrew some deeperish balls. He fit zero balls into windows, had zero nice timing routes, used his brain pre-snap to adjust the offense zero times, had zero nice touch passes. Almost had 2 pics. Only ran the ball once, and ironically it was the only time where he SHOULDN'T have run (end of the 1st half).

Hes bringing nothing to the table if he plays like that. Hopefully we get calm and confident Will the rest of the season but if he's scared of SE LA he'll be scared of everyone, just like we've seen from him over the years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Agreed. He seemed uncomfortable and rushed the whole time. To what extent is that because of his own lack of mastery in the O vs his fear of getting hit? I know or don't care. It was vs a FCS school. He looked like he did vs OM last year but vs an FCS school. Panicked and scared. He rushed some throws and was wild because of it. He was juiced up and overthrew some deeperish balls. He fit zero balls into windows, had zero nice timing routes, used his brain pre-snap to adjust the offense zero times, had zero nice touch passes. Almost had 2 pics. Only ran the ball once, and ironically it was the only time where he SHOULDN'T have run (end of the 1st half).

Hes bringing nothing to the table if he plays like that. Hopefully we get calm and confident Will the rest of the season but if he's scared of SE LA he'll be scared of everyone, just like we've seen from him over the years.
    Agreed. No matter how hard we try to spin it, Rogers performances mostly seem to disappoint when we think he should do more. I guess we keep hoping for a Dak like awareness of the field but it never happens.
    He is what he is, a journeyman QB that will never be a master of his craft.
    Last edited by TaleofTwoDogs; 09-03-2023 at 10:41 AM.

vCash
    He is not an SEC QB. From arm strength to elusiveness to speed. Good kid. Just not an SEC QB.

vCash
    He's had his moments. People can throw stats around to support their narrative but at the end of the day he frustrates me more often than not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    He is not an SEC QB. From arm strength to elusiveness to speed. Good kid. Just not an SEC QB.
    He is our version of Jake Fromm. He probably is never going to do anything to lose you the game, but he probably is never going to do anything to win you the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    He is our version of Jake Fromm. He probably is never going to do anything to lose you the game, but he probably is never going to do anything to win you the game.
    Did you watch the OM game last year? He did every the could to loose that one.

I'm bashing on him, but he's not the WORST QB ever. When he plays calm he's surgically accurate. The issue is that he rarely plays calm, and when he's scared he slings it less accurately and doesn't see the field and puts the ball at more risk. He just claims up some games. I'll take relaxed and accurate Will, but that's a rarer and rarer sight the older he gets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Did you watch the OM game last year? He did every the could to loose that one.

I'm bashing on him, but he's not the WORST QB ever. When he plays calm he's surgically accurate. The issue is that he rarely plays calm, and when he's scared he slings it less accurately and doesn't see the field and puts the ball at more risk. He just claims up some games. I'll take relaxed and accurate Will, but that's a rarer and rarer sight the older he gets
    Yea the OM game is why I added the probably in there. That is really the only game I can think of where the ball being in his hands was a problem and even in that game he made some throws that were accurate and on the money. I think my point was more of a we know what we are going to get at this point with Rogers. He is not going to show us something in the next 11 weeks that we have not seen.

vCash
    Nor can he take this team to the next level of wins.

vCash
    God our fans are stupid.