Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Willy Windup throws 7 yards downfield

Banned
    vCash

Willy Windup throws 7 yards downfield

Incomplete.

Banned
    vCash
    Bucky. This looks nothing like the spring game.

vCash
    Wins another game. Breaks more records. Lives in some heads rent free while he would bleed for the school

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Wins another game. Breaks more records. Lives in some heads rent free while he would bleed for the school
    We don't want him to bleed, we want him to stay calm in the pocket. But he's too scared of getting hit. Looked scared even vs SE LA

vCash
    Yeah. 297 rushing yards, 39 plays. 227 passing yards, 29 plays (20-29). Our rushing yards per play was the same as our passing per play. I'll just leave that there.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 09-02-2023 at 06:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Yeah. 297 rushing yards, 39 plays. 227 passing yards, 29 plays (20-29). Our rushing yards per play was the same as our passing per play. I'll just leave that there.
    1/3rd of our rushing yards came on Wrights 5 rushes. Our only pass over 20 yards was on a blown coverage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    1/3rd of our rushing yards came on Wrights 5 rushes. Our only pass over 20 yards was on a blown coverage
    I'd take the bet we would average more overall yards per play (passing and rushing) with Mike at QB.

vCash
    I'd take the bet we would average more overall yards per play (passing and rushing) with Mike at QB.
    I?ll take that bet. Too bad we may never find out because Will is going to start here till God or him decides he aint

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I?ll take that bet. Too bad we may never find out because Will is going to start here till God or him decides he aint
    Tru dat however ... I'd give anything for Dak or Fitz right now.

vCash
    Bashing Will is a bad look. I might could be persuaded that Wright should start, but that doesnt matter at all. Will has given his all for this school. It's a senior team that he has led for going on 4 years now. Hop on board or just shut the 17 up for 1 more year.

How does berating a top 3 (maybe 5) qb in all of our history help anything?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Bashing Will is a bad look. I might could be persuaded that Wright should start, but that doesnt matter at all. Will has given his all for this school. It's a senior team that he has led for going on 4 years now. Hop on board or just shut the 17 up for 1 more year.

It doesn't.

But bashing the receivers and Oline and saying it's all their fault all the time ain't great either. Especially if it ain't always their fault.

And as an aside ... Last year is was Leach's and the Air Raid's fault. Will might go into the HOF ... dunno. But Leach most certainly will.

I watched a lot of last year's games, rewinding them and such. There were open receivers downfield quite often.

vCash
    The Will we saw today gives us very little chance to win vs most SEC teams.

Banned
    vCash
    Wright can run this offense better. Period

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    It doesn't.

But bashing the receivers and Oline and saying it's all their fault all the time ain't great either. Especially if it ain't always their fault.

And as an aside ... Last year is was Leach's and the Air Raid's fault. Will might go into the HOF ... dunno. But Leach most certainly will.

I watched a lot of last year's games, rewinding them and such. There were open receivers downfield quite often.
    Will is what he is. We don't have a better option (Wright can't throw). I'm OK with bashing any coach whether it's their fault or not, buck stops with them. They're grown men. Will and the rest of the team are still basically kids. You know this stuff gets back to them one way or another.

vCash

Sorry Coach. Can't stick with you on this one. We don't do participation trophies anymore. College football is a business now and loyalty without performance has no place. If there is a chance Mike Wright gives us a higher probability to win, then he's the guy and thank you Will for all you've done.

vCash
    Will is what he is. We don't have a better option (Wright can't throw). I'm OK with bashing any coach whether it's their fault or not, buck stops with them. They're grown men. Will and the rest of the team are still basically kids. You know this stuff gets back to them one way or another.
    When I was a fifth year senior I would have knocked someone on their ass if they called me a "kid" at 22 years old.

vCash
    Id respect buckys opinion more if he just came out and said this offense is not good for Will. It?s clearly not a great fit.

He probably is the best choice as starter, but im way more concerned about him in this offense.

vCash
    Sorry Coach. Can't stick with you on this one. We don't do participation trophies anymore. College football is a business now and loyalty without performance has no place. If there is a chance Mike Wright gives us a higher probability to win, then he's the guy and thank you Will for all you've done.
    I'm not going for a butch 'champions of life' trophy or anything. I just don't think wright running for 2 big gains and throwing 0 passes against a tire FCS team with half of the backups in qualifies him to replace a top 5 qb in MSU history.

Parsons and the recent 4* qb are guys with wheels. They'll be old next time we have a senior heavy squad and they can run.

With what we have now we need to get will comfortable. Its the only path to 9-10 wins (counting a bowl).

vCash
    Most of these kids are getting paid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Wright can run this offense better. Period
    What were his passing stats on the day again?