Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Megaball 1.55 Billion

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

OT Megaball 1.55 Billion

Look, buying lottery tickets are 100% a waste of money. Everyone would be better served if you took that money and invested it in your brokerage account instead of spending $3 on a ticket......
    But with that being said, I bought a ticket. The payout is around $1.55 Billion. If you won, what would you do.

1. I would hire a professional to handle securing the money from the lottery, keeping my name out of it. I would do my best to not let anyone know that I won.
    2. Second, I would take 5 million dollars and set it aside for fun money to be used the first year.
    3. I would establish a foundation that would handle charitable requests, with an endowment of around 50 million.
    4. I would go to each member of my family and set them up with a portfolio that paid them out money yearly after taking care of their financial issues.
    5. I would then invest the rest of my money in the market with a diversified portfolio of stocks and bonds and just live off of 4%.

As far as the 5 million dollars fun money, well I would just blow it.

NIL? Well considering the ticket office will not allow me to buy floor tickets for basketball or a skybox for football right now, even though I have the money to do it .... I am not sure they deserve to get a cut.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I'd give $150 million to the BI.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Take that 150 million and invest it. Give the BI the return on that. As long as they are doing awesome stuff with the money, continue.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    150 million in a 5% CD would furnish $7,500,000 a year. that should take care of NIL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Take that 150 million and invest it. Give the BI the return on that. As long as they are doing awesome stuff with the money, continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    150 million in a 5% CD would furnish $7,500,000 a year. that should take care of NIL.
    Perfect!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Look, buying lottery tickets are 100% a waste of money. Everyone would be better served if you took that money and invested it in your brokerage account instead of spending $3 on a ticket......
    But with that being said, I bought a ticket. The payout is around $1.55 Billion. If you won, what would you do.

1. I would hire a professional to handle securing the money from the lottery, keeping my name out of it. I would do my best to not let anyone know that I won.
    2. Second, I would take 5 million dollars and set it aside for fun money to be used the first year.
    3. I would establish a foundation that would handle charitable requests, with an endowment of around 50 million.
    4. I would go to each member of my family and set them up with a portfolio that paid them out money yearly after taking care of their financial issues.
    5. I would then invest the rest of my money in the market with a diversified portfolio of stocks and bonds and just live off of 4%.

As far as the 5 million dollars fun money, well I would just blow it.

NIL? Well considering the ticket office will not allow me to buy floor tickets for basketball or a skybox for football right now, even though I have the money to do it .... I am not sure they deserve to get a cut.
    nm

vCash
    Better off putting in a money market w an even lesser rate(yes I know they are better rates out there) It compounds. Cd doesn't. ...mm outperforms it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Perfect!
    I feel like we just bought us a team. I feel so much better!! Ha

vCash
    I'd invest it in the H and B funds.

vCash
    Land. Then more land. Then more land. Then in the middle of one of those large tracts of land is build me a new house and sightings of my ass would be rarer than Bigfoot. I'd also buy an uparmored chase vehicle for severe weather season. Immediate family would be taken care of. My church would get a chunk. Some charities I like such as make a wish and Samaritan's purse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Land. Then more land. Then more land. Then in the middle of one of those large tracts of land is build me a new house and sightings of my ass would be rarer than Bigfoot. I'd also buy an uparmored chase vehicle for severe weather season. Immediate family would be taken care of. My church would get a chunk. Some charities I like such as make a wish and Samaritan's purse.
    Put it all on Black and let it ride Baby

vCash
    2 chicks at the same time

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    2 chicks at the same time
    Girls who'd double up on a guy like me would.

vCash
    My folks got me a subscription to SI when I was a young teenager in the late 60s. I remember a quote from Tug Mcgraw when he signed one of the first $100K contracts in baseball. When asked on how he was going to spend the money, he replied, ''I'm going to spend 90% on wine, women, and song, and waste the rest." Plan still sounds good to me.*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Girls who'd double up on a guy like me would.
    Some chicks will do anything for the right price. You can still have hope,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Better off putting in a money market w an even lesser rate(yes I know they are better rates out there) It compounds. Cd doesn't. ...mm outperforms it
    Interest accrues in a CD. If rates don't move, value would be the same. But a money market could go from 5% to 1% in a matter of days. I've seen it happen. With a CD your rate is locked in.

vCash
    nuthin like a good 3sum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post

I'd just chill and invest in cancer treatments/prevention. I'd give most to St Jude and MD Anderson.
    Last edited by DownwardDawg; 08-08-2023 at 11:38 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Office Space is a great movie. Should give it a watch some time.

vCash
    Nagga.. nagga.. notgunnaworkhere anymore