Thread: Colonoscopy PSA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I am assuming you have some facts to back up the 95% scam? Or I guess I am in the 5%?
    I can't speak for your specific situation, but there is a ton of information regarding the huge amount of inappropriate prescribing due to direct to consumer advertising in the last 15 years. The expert guidelines say only patients that have true symptoms due to low T and a low T level on THREE separate occasions measured between 8AM and 10AM should be considered for replacement. That almost never happens in even responsible practices. Places branded as "low T centers" are prescribing without truly low levels and pumping the level up to well above the recommended range. A lot of times without regards to other health issues the patient may have that can be made worse. Its really bad medicine at most of those places. Also younger patients that are truly low really need a more expanded work up into why instead of just being given T. Also rarely happens in practice.

95% was just a random number admittedly, but there is a ton of scam out there
    Last edited by chef dixon; 08-02-2023 at 07:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I can't speak for your specific situation, but there is a ton of information regarding the huge amount of inappropriate prescribing due to direct to consumer advertising in the last 15 years. The expert guidelines say only patients that have true symptoms due to low T and a low T level on THREE separate occasions measured between 8AM and 10AM should be considered for replacement. That almost never happens in even responsible practices. Places branded as "low T centers" are prescribing without truly low levels and pumping the level up to well above the recommended range. A lot of times without regards to other health issues the patient may have that can be made worse. Its really bad medicine at most of those places. Also younger patients that are truly low really need a more expanded work up into why instead of just being given T. Also rarely happens in practice.

95% was just a random number admittedly, but there is a ton of scam out there
    A buddy of mine had been on "hormone replacement therapy" for a few years. He's extremely healthy and works out religiously. He had a major stroke and they are blaming the injections.

I was definitely going to start taking the injections until I was diagnosed with cancer. Then I learned a ton about testosterone and prostate cancer.
    Last edited by DownwardDawg; 08-03-2023 at 12:39 AM.