Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some of you were skeptical of Rev Freezus recruiting now

vCash

Some of you were skeptical of Rev Freezus recruiting now

https://twitter.com/on3sports/status...YKXqKt8QQD9Mtw

He?ll be just fine and probably better than ever
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Yeah. I've never been skeptical of his recruiting. If he's getting the money, he'll buy a great team. I'm EXTREMELY skeptical of his coaching abilities.

vCash
    Freezus's best play call..."go deep, get open".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I'm EXTREMELY skeptical of his coaching abilities.
    Why? He took over a loser program and went 39-25 in 6 seasons with a Sugar Bowl. He beat Bama twice. His offenses were very good. His teams did lack defensively and defensive talent.

vCash
    I have a lot of Auburn friends (and my dad) that swore off Auburn football if they hired Freeze. You know Auburn fans and their holier than though morals.

Can't wait to see how they walk it back and buy back into the program and how they excuse what they previously said was a non negotiable for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Why? He took over a loser program and went 39-25 in 6 seasons with a Sugar Bowl. He beat Bama twice. His offenses were very good. His teams did lack defensively and defensive talent.
    You're smarter at football than me, so you have to know that 1 of those Bama wins was the flukiest game of all time. The other win was 100% on Lane Kiffin. Bama was gashing ole miss D for 5-7 yards per rush but Kiffin could not help himself. He insisted on throwing the ball. I was yelling at the TV for Saban to fire him mid game. They kept ole miss in the game by not running it down their throats.
    Freeze had the most talented team that money could buy and he still couldn't win the West.
    I just don't think he's a good coach. I could have the most talented team and win 10 games.

vCash
    I can see Freeze's downfall at Auburn if he let's the inmates run the asylum. The discipline issues were becoming a problem for him at ole miss just before he was fired.

vCash
    With NIL players can buy their own hookers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I can see Freeze's downfall at Auburn if he let's the inmates run the asylum. The discipline issues were becoming a problem for him at ole miss just before he was fired.
    This is what I see as his possible downfall

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Freezus's best play call..."go deep, get open".
    He beat Bama.

vCash
    This is what I see as his possible downfall
    That or confronting a rape victim about the validity of their claim (that doesn't even involve him and he could have easily stayed out of) in written format. What a wacko. Undoubtedly, he will be his own downfall. His handlers can only be present for so much. If he does start to trend downward and the boosters want to cut bait, he will make "for cause" easy for them. Lol.

vCash
    He?s a slightly above average coach that has no problem breaking rules to get elite players to play for him. He fit at Ole Miss and fits at Auburn like a glove.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    He?s a slightly above average coach that has no problem breaking rules to get elite players to play for him. He fit at Ole Miss and fits at Auburn like a glove.
    I disagree with the slightly above average part.

Freeze is a heck of an offensive coach. The dude is gonna have a good offense pretty much every year. And he's gonna recruit well.

The only thing that has held him back is that he's a slime ball for a human being. But if he can somewhat manage all of that, he's gonna do well.

vCash
    It?s almost impossible to get in trouble anymore so there is no reason he shouldn?t do well if AU has the cash. Now if he gets caught grabbing secretaries by the butt or they file suit then his time could be short.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Agree 100%.

vCash
    Freeze signed 2 top 10 classes over a 3 year period at OM and averaged 7.2-4.8. He had two 9-3 seasons but also a 5-7 before any of the probation issues. Solid, not great considering the talent. Dan averaged 7.1-4.9 without anything close to a top 10 class, if you believe in recruiting rankings.

He will flip a program and build it, but he has never shown the maturity to maintain it. Maybe that's changed now that he's older.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    He beat Bama.
    So did Chizik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I have a lot of Auburn friends (and my dad) that swore off Auburn football if they hired Freeze. You know Auburn fans and their holier than though morals.

Can't wait to see how they walk it back and buy back into the program and how they excuse what they previously said was a non negotiable for them.
    My border county of MS is run over with MS people with bama stickers on their cars and the AL country adjacent to us is very heavily bama. There is one older, inactive deacon in our church who is all Auburn his entire life. We have a meet and greet before the sermon and we always talk a few minutes about State & AU. He had difficulty trying to justify the hiring of Rev Freeze shortly after the hire. Last Sunday was even worse. He was worried about his RB getting to play after being involved in the sex tape. He said,"You do know this was an Alabama set up." I told him I couldn't buy that and went to greet others. Wow! Fans are indeed short for fanatics. I expect the RB to soon be ruled eligible and if they have a good year, hear that OM set up Freeze! Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 07-29-2023 at 10:55 PM.

vCash
    Auburn was consistently a Top 12 recruiting class program from 2009 to 2021. In 22, they had the 30th ranked class, their worst since 2004 when they were also ranked 30th. Freeze rolls in with a 20 Ranking in year 1. With HI$ Recruiting $KILL$$ he will get them in the low TEEN$ this coming CLA$$ and then in the Top 10 after that.

vCash
    Very nearly beat Bama 3 years in a row. Once can be a fluke, twice not as likely, but dang near 3 times in a row? Anyone saying Freeze is an average coach is just biased.