Thread: Southern?s billboard on 49

vCash

Southern?s billboard on 49

Usm put up a billboard in h?burg boasting that they are the only MS team in the NCAA tournament. That is some really bad self awareness considering the other 2 teams are the last 2 national champions.

And then, they lay a turd today. If you ever feel bad about being an MSU fan, remember usm.

vCash
    Usm fans are almost as bad as om fans. Constantly whining and moaning about being little brother. I've got several of my kids on this usm team. Great kids and Berry's a good dude but their fans suck!

Only team in ncaa tournament also the only Mississippi team without a NC lol

vCash
    Delta State COULD put up a sign on Highway 61 that says ?FIRST MISSISSIPPI PROGRAM TO WIN A BASEBALL NC, a FOOTBALL NC, and a WOMEN?s BASKETBALL NC?

But the locals and the farmers and the Europeans traveling the Blues Trail would be the only ones to see it.

vCash
    2 and Q

vCash
    Piss on Mississippi Southern. If it wasnt for MSU keeping them afloat athletically the last 10 years the black and yellow would be playing D2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    the Europeans traveling the Blues Trail would be the only ones to see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Delta State COULD put up a sign on Highway 61 that says ?FIRST MISSISSIPPI PROGRAM TO WIN A BASEBALL NC, a FOOTBALL NC, and a WOMEN?s BASKETBALL NC?

But the locals and the farmers and the Europeans traveling the Blues Trail would be the only ones to see it.
    Speaking of Delta State- I feel bad for USM in a way because I think they're a good baseball program but they have no shot at winning a National Championship. In the meantime- MSU, Ole Miss, and Delta State have all won one in baseball.

The only way USM will ever win one is if college baseball breaks up into divisions and they get one in a lower division than us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Usm put up a billboard in h?burg boasting that they are the only MS team in the NCAA tournament. That is some really bad self awareness considering the other 2 teams are the last 2 national champions.

And then, they lay a turd today. If you ever feel bad about being an MSU fan, remember usm.
    Not only that- they lost to MSU and Ole Miss this year in baseball. I really don't understand the arrogance from them. At least half our fans would be ready to fire Lemonis if he only makes a regional next year. On top of that historically we have owned them in the postseason when we have played them and Ole Miss completely dominated them in their own SR last year. Did USM even score on Ole Miss last year in the SR? They played like us against UCLA in 2013 except we were in the National Finals for the first time ever going for a NC. They were just hosting a SR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Usm fans are almost as bad as om fans. Constantly whining and moaning about being little brother. I've got several of my kids on this usm team. Great kids and Berry's a good dude but their fans suck!

I've heard plenty of stories about them in the past. Like their fans going after our coaches wives with vulgar comments. Rumored to have gotten so bad that Cohen ended the home/home midweek series we used to play with them.

Then they tried to have Ron Polk arrested for arguing with an umpire which is top five bush league moments in all of baseball.

vCash

And it's fed by local media down there. I can't find either story now but both of the following things were either on the WDAM website or in the Hattiesburg American. One was a story about their attempt at a LFL which only goes about a third the way across RF I think. In the article they were praising the genius of whoever came up with that idea and then have that guy saying that it was unique and there was nothing else like it in college baseball. Then, the other news media down there did a story on the USM fan who 'invented' that dumb-ass throw it in the dirt cheer that ole miss had already been doing for 10 years before that article was ever written. I don't think those folks get out much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    And it's fed by local media down there. I can't find either story now but both of the following things were either on the WDAM website or in the Hattiesburg American. One was a story about their attempt at a LFL which only goes about a third the way across RF I think. In the article they were praising the genius of whoever came up with that idea and then have that guy saying that it was unique and there was nothing else like it in college baseball. Then, the other news media down there did a story on the USM fan who 'invented' that dumb-ass throw it in the dirt cheer that ole miss had already been doing for 10 years before that article was ever written. I don't think those folks get out much.
    Lol yes! Living down here I'm around the few fans they have and they're obnoxious! My sons hs coach is usm all time hits leader and a great coach but he poor mouths about usm all the time! You talking about their "right field roost"? The things pretty much just a dirt berm with lounge chairs lol! I was at the game when the called security on Polk and tried to have him arrested! Ol Ron walked out to right field and just leaned against the fence in fair territory and their fans went nuts!

Berry and Ostrander are top notch guys and I have a cousin and several of my kids on the team but their fans suck!

vCash
    They are roughing up AU somewhat right now. 5-0 in the 5th. All 5 of their runs from the long ball.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash

I would say worse. I live and work with Ole Miss fans and have family that live down that way. Give me OM fans all day everyday. I've never seen a group of people who've never done anything of any significance in the sports world act as braggadocious as they do. Especially their "baseball fans" who are Bama and LSU fans in everything else. At least the OM people stick with their school in everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    I would say worse. I live and work with Ole Miss fans and have family that live down that way. Give me OM fans all day everyday. I've never seen a group of people who've never done anything of any significance in the sports world act as braggadocious as they do. Especially their "baseball fans" who are Bama and LSU fans in everything else. At least the OM people stick with their school in everything.
    You pretty much nailed their fans to a tee!

vCash
    Southern Miss fans are the worst winners in world. As someone old enough to remember their football success over us in the 1980s, I can assure you there is not a more obnoxious set of fans. I am baffled when I hear other State fans claim they are routing for USM this weekend or any other for that matter. I hope they lose every game in every sport they ever play.