Auburn beaten by The Quakers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Auburn beaten by The Quakers
    Who you got, Au vs Usm tomorrow?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Who you got, Au vs Usm tomorrow?
    Auburn gonna win usm doesn't hit well and pitching is a crap shoot for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Tells you what he thinks of his staff. He is scared to put an inning eater in there and risk Tulane going on a run and having to use one of his better relievers to finish it.
    Yeah their staff is really thin. What'll be interesting to see is if he needs skenes again in this regional will he throw him again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I think Au wins also. They only had 4 hits tonight.

vCash
    Yeah their staff is really thin. What'll be interesting to see is if he needs skenes again in this regional will he throw him again?
    If I’m Skenes Dad or agent, I’m telling him no more this weekend.

vCash
    The freshman pitcher Nicholls started tonight looked really good. I?m sure he will be at LSU next year.

vCash
    This.

vCash
    9 ip and 125 pitches! Insane!
    I was at the LSU game today incognito. Local rivalry games are one of my weird baseball things I like.

I couldn't believe it either. I was certain he done after 8. Nope.

I figured LSU would win today but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose to Oregon State. No way they can bring Skenes back. Their staff is thin.

Alex Box was nice. But it's no Dudy Noble. Our atmosphere is way better. Tulane fans were louder at times. LSU fans seem entitled to me in baseball. They just expect to win and everything to go right. Like they just think that they're better than everyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    If I’m Skenes Dad or agent, I’m telling him no more this weekend.
    Jay Johnson did the same thing with Bobby Dalbac.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I was at the LSU game today incognito. Local rivalry games are one of my weird baseball things I like.

I couldn't believe it either. I was certain he done after 8. Nope.

I figured LSU would win today but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose to Oregon State. No way they can bring Skenes back. Their staff is thin.

Alex Box was nice. But it's no Dudy Noble. Our atmosphere is way better. Tulane fans were louder at times. LSU fans seem entitled to me in baseball. They just expect to win and everything to go right. Like they just think that they're better than everyone else.
    You nailed it! I worked for a company from south La for years, it's their culture in the way they act and treat others. Glad I'm away from their culture now days!

vCash
    NT
    Last edited by SpaceBully; 06-03-2023 at 03:57 AM.

vCash
    It's by the book. You always throw your ace in game one no matter the opponent. I'm good with it. I would have thrown Skenes against MVSU. There are hundreds of examples where the highly ranked team withheld their ace thinking they'd save him for the next game vs a better opponent......ONLY to get embarrassed in losing game one and having to fight their way back through the loser's bracket. And many never even got out of their own regional because of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    It's by the book. You always throw your ace in game one no matter the opponent. I'm good with it. I would have thrown Skenes against MVSU. There are hundreds of examples where the highly ranked team withheld their ace thinking they'd save him for the next game vs a better opponent......ONLY to get embarrassed in losing game one and having to fight their way back through the loser's bracket. And many never even got out of their own regional because of it.
    There are plenty of examples where holding your ace works, too. Including this year. Wake Forest didn?t throw Lowder yesterday and they still won 12-0.

We didn?t throw Small in Game 1 in 2019 and still won the Regional in 3 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I like Polk, but he was a good fundamentals coach (outside of bunting) and very mediocre game coach. He made some seriously retarded decisions like the one ya’ll are talking about. His team’s approach at the plate seemed to be look fastball and adjust to the fastball 100% of the time. Anyone with a half decent curve was shutting us down. I don’t know how many important games we lost because t-ball teams could bunt better than his teams could.

We could field the ball and pre-game infield was a well choreographed Vegas show that was entertaining and no one could argue better than Polk. I have a love hate relationship with Polk.
    Hitting wise you about have to sit fastball and adjust to the offspeed stuff. I mean, you could try to be a guess hitter but that's very risky and inconsistent. I don't know what other hitting approach you'd take? Did you want Polk telling them to sit offspeed and adjust to the fastball? I played through JUCO, and I was taught at every level to sit fastball and adjust to the offspeed pitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Jay Johnson did the same thing with Bobby Dalbac.
    That name still gives me heartburn.

vCash
    So who is gonna be the first SEC team bounced? I would have put money on KY, but Auburn may be looking at it. Did USM throw Hall yest?

vCash
    If my memory serves me correctly, most coaches always throw their ace in game 1 of the regional. My memory certainly isn't what it used to be but it's nowhere near Joe Biden level of deterioration. I know it happens quite often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly, most coaches always throw their ace in game 1 of the regional. My memory certainly isn't what it used to be but it's nowhere near Joe Biden level of deterioration. I know it happens quite often.
    It has become a little less common in recent years. Most still do throw their ace to simply keep them on schedule. It also gives them the chance to bring them back on a Monday for a few innings if there was a winner take all game