Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Innovative Offensive Coordinator

vCash

Most Innovative Offensive Coordinator

I?ve watched all of the 2022 Appalachian State offense and am now watching the 2021 Central Michigan offense.

Other than The Pirate changing all of college and most of professional football with the Air Raid I believe that Kevin Barbay will be the most innovative offensive coordinator in my 25 years as a Mississippi State Bulldog.

I love how he features the best players and finds creative ways to get them the ball. Then it?s almost like every play is either some type of trick play or is setting up for the trick play. He runs the football a lot but it?s not boring up the middle. He makes the defense have to think and react and cover everything.

I?m super wooly as you can tell.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Take cover!!!!

vCash
    You are not allowed to have wool. You will get thrashed. Didn't you know all our coaches suck except Jans...

vCash
    Dude you're gonna summon the forces of darkness with this post lol!

I happen to agree with you!

vCash
    I'm shocked this thread isn't three pages of eye gouging rants about running the ball by now.

I believe a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised at how well this offense works out of the gate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I?ve watched all of the 2022 Appalachian State offense and am now watching the 2021 Central Michigan offense.

Other than The Pirate changing all of college and most of professional football with the Air Raid I believe that Kevin Barbay will be the most innovative offensive coordinator in my 25 years as a Mississippi State Bulldog.

I love how he features the best players and finds creative ways to get them the ball. Then it?s almost like every play is either some type of trick play or is setting up for the trick play. He runs the football a lot but it?s not boring up the middle. He makes the defense have to think and react and cover everything.

Dang. For a minute there by your description I thought we had hired Joe Moorhead as OC. But gladly, I accept that we may have someone who can actually back up his plans with actions!

vCash
    KBtroll21 will be along shortly to tell you how wrong you are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Dang. For a minute there by your description I thought we had hired Joe Moorhead as OC. But gladly, I accept that we may have someone who can actually back up his plans with actions!
    I don't think Barbay is going to make Will solve trig problems in the pocket before throwing the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I'm shocked this thread isn't three pages of eye gouging rants about running the ball by now.

I believe a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised at how well this offense works out of the gate.
    Honestly think there's a degree of apathy surrounding college sports in general that's settled upon most folks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post

So you enjoy the wishbone? **

vCash
    Our offense will look and perform soooo much better than our offense has since 2017. I'm really looking forward to the Fall
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    It's honestly not even debate when you go 25 years. Sparky Woods was bad, I don't even remember who replaced him, Croom/McCorvey sucked, Dan was just calling Urban Meyer's offense, and Moorhead was in over his head.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Well HAIL YEAH!!
    Lets go kick some ass this fall!!
    Hail to the DOGS and GTHOM!!

vCash
    If Barbay offense has success against SEC defense, then it will be a very good season. Because I believe in Brock and this defense.
    I know some worry about the secondary. Legit concern. I think the front and the backers make the going easier to figure things out on the back end

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    If Barbay offense has success against SEC defense, then it will be a very good season. Because I believe in Brock and this defense.
    I know some worry about the secondary. Legit concern. I think the front and the backers make the going easier to figure things out on the back end
    Spot on. Our offense will be the difference between 7 and 10 wins. Defensively we will be the best we have been since 18.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The top 5 offenses in the SEC last year ran the ball more than they passed. Some people are just in love with one concept or another. I don't care if we line up in punt formation every play as long as we score more than the other team.

ETA: MSU was 8th in total offense. Every team ahead of us had more rushing attempts than passing.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 06-03-2023 at 01:48 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    The top 5 offenses in the SEC last year ran the ball more than they passed. Some people are just in love with one concept or another. I don't care if we line up in punt formation every play as long as we score more than the other team.
    I agree. I don't care if we run or throw. The goal is to move the ball and score points. Anything else is just people arguing to argue.

vCash
    Baa baa, Maroon Sheep, .....have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir a hundred bags full. One for the coach and one for his dame......ninety-eight more for myself with my cane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post

ETA: MSU was 8th in total offense. Every team ahead of us had more rushing attempts than passing.
    Remember when talking about attempts in college that sacks and QB scrambles are originally called pass plays that are scored runs.

Also a lot of teams run the ball to run out the clock when they are ahead late- as they should.

Football is shifting more and more to the pass at a rate of about 55-60% pass to run. It takes a little longer in the SEC but it's coming I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Remember when talking about attempts in college that sacks and QB scrambles are originally called pass plays that are scored runs.

Also a lot of teams run the ball to run out the clock when they are ahead late- as they should.

Football is shifting more and more to the pass at a rate of about 55-60% pass to run. It takes a little longer in the SEC but it's coming I think.
    Well it's no doubt that it's harder to defend the pass than it is the run as a concept(and the rules are set up this way).
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.