Thread: Ole Dixie

vCash

Ole Dixie

Saw where they are not rolling over the extension on Biancia's contract. Seems to me that sends a message after 24 years of being their Coach that maybe his time is about up.
    I don't think it's unusual not rolling over another year to his 4-year contract after finishing last, plus after 24 years it want be long before he will be gone. 24 years is a long time to be in one school, but baseball coaches have a longer stay than football and baseball coaches.

vCash
    That will still be a big buyout if they have to fire him next year

vCash
    25 years for PERS retirement? Likely the biggest PERS retirement to date.

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Saw where they are not rolling over the extension on Biancia's contract. Seems to me that sends a message after 24 years of being their Coach that maybe his time is about up.
    I don't think it's unusual not rolling over another year to his 4-year contract after finishing last, plus after 24 years it want be long before he will be gone. 24 years is a long time to be in one school, but baseball coaches have a longer stay than football and baseball coaches.
    His time is almost up regardless. This is posturing for their fans. Rumor is he is going to retire in a few years anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Does that apply to contract employees? I can't imagine someone that is likely a multi-millionaire caring much about PERS to be honest with you.

vCash
    Mike does plan on receiving it and I've heard conversations as such from friends there. Good thing he hates buckets.

vCash
    Would his retirement numbers not be based on the State maximum salary for athletics coaches?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Would his retirement numbers not be based on the State maximum salary for athletics coaches?
    Yes. It's just based on state amount. Not what the total contract is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    PERS would only consider the portion of his salary paid by the school. Not all of his pay comes from the school. Most of it comes from the Boosters Club whatever they call it up there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Mike does plan on receiving it and I've heard conversations as such from friends there. Good thing he hates buckets.
    Why does he hate Buckets, seems like Lemonis is a very good sportsman.

On Lemonis' credit- How he handled the Bohanon smear, seems to keep his cool even after bitter loses, never even remotely trashed a player, and the clean (although late) separation with Fox

vCash
    The bucket mention is in relation to the implication that lemo is lazy due to sitting on the bucket

vCash
    Scott Berry is about to also cash in on PERs he started at Meridian CC in 91.