Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SEC gets 8 Regional Hosts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    If bianco misses Hoover a 2nd year in a row he'll be fired

But he won't, because he's an actual decent coach, and decent coaches fix their teams flaws.

Thats kind of the point... Lemonis missed Hoover and did... what exactly to improve the team?
    Bianco should have sent Lane Forsythe a check in 2022. If we hadn?t pitched Forsythe in Governors cup, Ole Miss would have missed the NCAA tournament and Bianco would have been fired.

vCash
    Well, that was probably something foxhall talked Lemo into doing.***********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    C34 going to bat for an underperforming HC. You owe leach an apology
    Bang bang. Leach was never, ever, this bad. And never would have been

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    It turns my stomach not to see State on that list. It's unnatural.
    And unless State gets more money into NIL, that will be the standard. State baseball will be having the same results in SEC baseball going forward as they have had in football. State had better records in the past when the big boys were not that interested in Baseball

vCash
    Correct, half the conference is hosting and we were FOUR games away from even making the Tournament. So not close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    C34 going to bat for an underperforming HC. You owe leach an apology
    It's very odd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    It turns my stomach not to see State on that list. It's unnatural.
    It makes me want Lemonis fired even more. Sickening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It makes me want Lemonis fired even more. Sickening.
    And next year we'll finish 9th or 10th in the SEC because, let's face it, even an orangutan can't finish last or next to last three years running. Then we'll hear about how we've improved and we were only two wins away from being somebody.

vCash
    Selmon will have a decision looming by mid april of 24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    And unless State gets more money into NIL, that will be the standard. State baseball will be having the same results in SEC baseball going forward as they have had in football. State had better records in the past when the big boys were not that interested in Baseball
    I know nothing about the portal, NIL or our finances (I do the $10/month contribution), but I'm assuming whoever runs the collectives at the Barn, OM and LSU is willing to roll around in the mud and play dirty, I don't think Charlie Winfield is that type guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I know nothing about the portal, NIL or our finances (I do the $10/month contribution), but I'm assuming whoever runs the collectives at the Barn, OM and LSU is willing to roll around in the mud and play dirty, I don't think Charlie Winfield is that type guy.
    Don't think there are any rules anymore. Well, except maybe unwritten ones: don't draw any attention and keep everything close to the vest. He who has the most money wins.

vCash
    I don't think we have the money to "play dirty" even if we wanted too. Our NIL is going g to keeping studs like Tolu from leaving and getting veterans back for a final year (Bookie Watson, Hancock)
    There is no money left for HS or portal guys. At least, bit enough to outbid a competitor. "Why is our football recruiting so bad?? The top MS guys are going to Arky and OM!" Yeah well, their boosters are contributing enough to offer NIL. So top DL are going to OM instead of the school that puts DL in the league. It's not that complicated

vCash
    It?s hard to make such drastic moves in a non revenue sport. We won a natty two years ago and baseball is not a big enough deal to fire a coach 2 years after winning a natty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YazooDawg23 View Post
    It?s hard to make such drastic moves in a non revenue sport. We won a natty two years ago and baseball is not a big enough deal to fire a coach 2 years after winning a natty.

1. I dont believe we aren?t a producing profit in baseball. I imagine currently there is interest expense being charged for the new stadium. LSU makes money in baseball we put as many in as they do. When that debt is paid down we will be substantially profitable.

2. At the end of the day, who gives a 17 about profit, baseball is our only chance at natty?s. And I don?t believe winning in baseball at a very high level hurts the school in anyway. In fact, I question why we don?t maximize it more. If we were good or had any chance games would have even more fans there.

3. It is absolutely pathetic that we aren?t hosting this year. Im fine giving Lemonis another year, but would?ve been happy with firing him. My gut says we should?ve fired him. He?s a really good manager but looks clueless at evaluation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It's very odd
    It?s pretty simple and I don?t see why people don?t get it.

He won a Natty
    2022- we had arms blow up and eliminated any chance of a good season. So to me- 2022 didn?t even count.
    2023- really poor pitching and some injuries again. Fired pitching coach. Proper response
    2024- better make the NCAA Tourney or his ass is fired

This isn?t hard
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Yawn. Did Bunko take over a powerhouse and wreck it? Did Bunko own multiple school record losing streaks? Idk why you wanna die on this hill but I hope you?re right.
    We may have to revisit this post next year. Ole Miss is losing a LOT this offseason. I think they're in worse shape than us at the moment honestly.

If bianco misses Hoover a 2nd year in a row he'll be fired

But he won't, because he's an actual decent coach, and decent coaches fix their teams flaws.

Thats kind of the point... Lemonis missed Hoover and did... what exactly to improve the team?
    Bianco and Lemonis is a completely different situation. Bianco is their best coach ever. That's going to give him as much leeway as Lemonis if not more. He's going to retire from there- likely in a couple of years or so. Them firing Bianco would be like us firing Ron Polk. I kind of hope they do fire him- the backlash from the baseball community would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Bianco should have sent Lane Forsythe a check in 2022. If we hadn?t pitched Forsythe in Governors cup, Ole Miss would have missed the NCAA tournament and Bianco would have been fired.
    That was one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen in my life. Cost us like a six year win streak in the Governor's Cup also.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

He won a Natty
    2022- we had arms blow up and eliminated any chance of a good season. So to me- 2022 didn?t even count.
    2023- really poor pitching and some injuries again. Fired pitching coach. Proper response

This isn?t hard
    It really is. It's confusing to me as well. Add in the buyout, optics, and recruiting classes coming in- it really does make sense. I can understand being mad too. But the answer to the solution isn't to always fire the coach immediately. And that's what some people don't seem to get. Lemonis is highly dependent on the performance of his assistants and if they suck we're going to suck. And if he doesn't perform and we have to fire him at least we can say that we gave him every opportunity to fix the situation and that will go a long way with candidates in the future. Baseball coaches are a lot more analytical as a group and a lot of them are Ok being Scott Berry and being seen as a good coach with some conference titles and no National Championships if it's a good fit for them and their family is happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

He won a Natty

This isn?t hard
    2023: Just going to ignore our #10 scoring offense or #14 defense or bad management (NIL ro bad players, misevaluating Hancock's ability at catcher, misevaluating what we had at 3B)?

vCash
    2023: Just going to ignore our #10 scoring offense or #14 defense or bad management (NIL ro bad players, misevaluating Hancock's ability at catcher, misevaluating what we had at 3B)?
    "Make the tourney or his ass is fired"

That's the problem. "Making the tournament" is such a low bar but of he makes it well keep him for yet another below average year. Hell, ove rhalf the SEC is hosting... just "making the tournament" means we'd be below average. I'm not happy woth being below average in baseball, are you? But that's exactly what we'll be endorsing if making the tournament as a 2 seed is enough to keep him.

vCash
    "Make the tourney or his ass is fired"

That's the problem. "Making the tournament" is such a low bar but of he makes it well keep him for yet another below average year. Hell, ove rhalf the SEC is hosting... just "making the tournament" means we'd be below average. I'm not happy woth being below average in baseball, are you? But that's exactly what we'll be endorsing if making the tournament as a 2 seed is enough to keep him.
    Odds are if we're making a regional we're a two seed. Odds are we will win a regional even if we are a two seed unless we get a really shit draw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Odds are if we're making a regional we're a two seed. Odds are we will win a regional even if we are a two seed unless we get a really shit draw.
    Lol where are you getting these "odds" from, Todd? Your ass?

We have missed Hoover 2 straight years. Yet here you are saying "odds are we will be a 2 seed and win a regional baring bad luck"??! WTF? We can't be among the top 12 SEC teams but sure, in the regular season well be among the top 32 teams and in the postseason well wina regional and make the final 16. Give me a break... or at least pass me what you're smokin