Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st pitching transfer commits to State

vCash
    Kinda weird to me, a pitcher coming not knowing who his pitching Coach will be. Maybe he is a MSU fan at heart, regardless right now we need pitchers, lots of pitchers. My question about pitchers hurt and having surgery, What they will be coming back. I’m pulling for all to be 100% and we get back to MSU baseball. The thing about next year is we don’t need to get off to a slow start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Kinda weird to me, a pitcher coming not knowing who his pitching Coach will be. Maybe he is a MSU fan at heart, regardless right now we need pitchers, lots of pitchers. My question about pitchers hurt and having surgery, What they will be coming back. I’m pulling for all to be 100% and we get back to MSU baseball. The thing about next year is we don’t need to get off to a slow start.
    It may possibly be we have a pitching coach, and he isn’t through playing, but accepted the job per say, and the kids already know… (I may be wrong, but I may also be right)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    It may possibly be we have a pitching coach, and he isn’t through playing, but accepted the job per say, and the kids already know… (I may be wrong, but I may also be right)
    As we know, there is rumor we made offer and he has said yes.

We have many questions going into next year, let’s hope we come out on fire. We have at least4 everyday position players to replace and lord knows our pitching staff is very iffy right now.

With Todd and 34 pumping sunshine I hope they are right, but I’m still iffy.
    Last edited by basedog; 05-28-2023 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    Base if they start out slow I'm afraid it will continue to go downhill and resemble the last two seasons. Dawgs must get better players, or State's baseball records in the SEC will look like their football records.

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Same as Dortch committing to Cal when they didn't have a QB...guess for some reason they both just thought the situation was better regardless of who filled in there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Don't be so hasty in your judgement on this kid. I've seen him pitch and there's a reason he was ranked so highly coming out of high school. The guy throws strikes and has good command. His change up is plus and his fastball while not 100+mph has good life and he sinks it well. I doubt he's gonna be Eric Dubose but he won't walk people and I can see him have a valuable middle relief role. Think Brock Tapper as a comp.
    Not everybody has to be a starter or closer. We need guys for the middle innings and midweek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Not everybody has to be a starter or closer. We need guys for the middle innings and midweek.
    Truth. I?ll be more than happy to let this guy be our SWAC pitcher.

vCash
    Perhaps a good comparison would be to look at Xavier Rivas at Ole Miss this year. He had a 2.80 ERA at the University of Indianapolis as a sophomore. They are D2 I believe. This year for Ole Miss he had a 6.75 ERA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Perhaps a good comparison would be to look at Xavier Rivas at Ole Miss this year. He had a 2.80 ERA at the University of Indianapolis as a sophomore. They are D2 I believe. This year for Ole Miss he had a 6.75 ERA.
    Half the SEC had staff ERA's over 6 in conference play
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Oh, cool, so good news that we?re bringing in more of those guys!

vCash
    Pretty sure the Rivas era was all games

vCash
    Taking a pitcher without a pitching coach sorta implies lemonis is much more involved in pitching roster selection than implied by those that blamed everything on foxhall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Taking a pitcher without a pitching coach sorta implies lemonis is much more involved in pitching roster selection than implied by those that blamed everything on foxhall
    Oh there is no doubt Lemon has made some bad choices. He has one last chance to fix it

vCash
    Oh there is no doubt Lemon has made some bad choices. He has one last chance to fix it
    Of course he was involved. The ones blaming it all on foxhall are nuts. I'm fine with firing foxhall, but he wasn't the only problem

vCash
    Of course he was involved. The ones blaming it all on foxhall are nuts. I'm fine with firing foxhall, but he wasn't the only problem
    No- but the pitch-calling and the way we handled pitchers changed a little after Fox was let go. So that shows he was a large part of the problem

vCash
    Good HC wouldn't have waiting almost two full years to see their was a major problem. Sometimes a HC has to take control and let the assistant sit on the bucket. It should have been handled before he fired Foxhall. You think someone like Bertman, Saban, Knight and many others would sit back and watch the ship sink! Hell no!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post
    Nate Lamb's Coach at Young Harris is Stephen Waggener (aka Coach Waggs). Waggs was raised in the Jackson area and comes from a Mississippi State family. He runs a great program at Young Harris and spent many years as an assistant at Delta State prior to taking the head job at Young Harris.
    This makes sense to me. Sounds like his coach wants to get his foot in the door with us. Which means I doubt he is going to send us a lemon.

vCash
    Pretty sure the Rivas era was all games
    Rivas was billed as a weekend starter for Ole Miss. That's not necessarily the case with this guy. He's going to have to earn that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This makes sense to me. Sounds like his coach wants to get his foot in the door with us. Which means I doubt he is going to send us a lemon.
    ISWYDT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Who is our "rumored" new pitching coach?