Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st pitching transfer commits to State

vCash

1st pitching transfer commits to State

Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Watch out SEC, we?re pulling D2 players from the portal. Does MC or Belhaven have anyone we can poach?

vCash
    I have to admit, never heard of Young Harris College. 3.53 era, 89 innings, 90 strikeouts, 28 walks. No idea what to make of it.

vCash
    Committed to Clemson out of HS. Was actually the #2 LHP in the state that year according to PG. Gotta love the potential!

vCash
    He won’t be the last. Already rumblings of someone out West wanting to come home…

vCash
    Couple points:

1) C34, you can hype Lemonis and this next season all you want but nobody is buying because our head coach is in over his head.

2) this guy has a ok ERA but at several levels of competition down. Almost every pitcher on our staff would have a sub 3 ERA at a D2 level. He may be a stud but I'll have to see it.

3) who is doing these pitching evals? We have no PC so it must be Lemonis. I do not trust his eye for pitching for obvious reasons.

4) Every SEC team will add portal transfers. We need a LOT, and they need to be studs. Lot of ground to make up; just seeing portal transfers in and of itself doesn't mean we're going to make up ground on the competition as they're adding guys too.

Let's hope this guy is a stud. Hailstate
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 05-28-2023 at 11:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Couple points:

1) C34, you can hype Lemonis and this next season all you want but nobody is buying because our head coach is in over his head.

2) this guy has a ok ERA but at several levels of competition down. Almost every pitcher on our staff would have a sub 3 ERA at a D2 level. He may be a stud but I'll have to see it.

3) who is doing these pitching evals? We have no PC so it must be Lemonis. I do not trust his eye for pitching for obvious reasons.

Let's hope this guy is a stud. Hailstate
    1 is the biggest point that nobody is talking about. People dont realize the hole Lemon and staff are in. The first time something bad happens the boo birds will be out. And deservedly so

vCash
    Do we officially unofficially have a pitching coach? I can’t imagine how we can take a pitcher that might be categorized as a “reach” without a pitching coach looking at or knowing him. Not knocking the kid and he may end up being good, but on the surface, a bunch of these types of transfers aren’t going to save Lemonis’ job.

vCash
    One positive is that Lamb had 3.8 walks/hbp per 9 innings. Our staff as a whole had 7.7 this season.

vCash
    Look, I?m hopeful with a new PC we will be much improved. But a guy with a 3.53 ERA in D2 is not going to move the needle. Perhaps he is coming on as a walk-on, and if so, then it?s a great pickup. But if we are using any scholarship or NIL $ on this pickup, then it?s not money spent wisely.

vCash
    Color me unimpressed. Looks like another Tyler Davis and we know how that turned out.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Typical message board response......trash a player before anyone knows anything about him.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Time will tell...at least they're getting pitchers. Have to start somewhere. The league is littered with kids that went to D2 players....JD Martinez, Pillar, Mikolas, Gomes...not saying he's the next Tim Wakefield, but don't write him off because he went D2.

vCash
    Pitching version of Will Hoyle.

We'll see if he makes the team or not this fall.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

The pitching version of Will Hoyle would have got PT for us this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Dont forget that rosters are likely expanding
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If he can throw strikes he is better than 75% of the current roster. We need a couple of guys that can burn through some innings in middle relief

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If he can throw strikes he is better than 75% of the current roster. We need a couple of guys that can burn through some innings in middle relief
    Exactly. It's almost if some of these folks don't believe there's a chance we could obtain some more talent....it's amazing the talent we have on this board in analyzing what somebody will be.

vCash
    Don't be so hasty in your judgement on this kid. I've seen him pitch and there's a reason he was ranked so highly coming out of high school. The guy throws strikes and has good command. His change up is plus and his fastball while not 100+mph has good life and he sinks it well. I doubt he's gonna be Eric Dubose but he won't walk people and I can see him have a valuable middle relief role. Think Brock Tapper as a comp.