Thread: Rolling Fork / Silver City tornado

vCash

Rolling Fork / Silver City tornado

The additional storm survey results are in and while it stayed an EF-4 winds were upgraded to 190mph. Those sites and sounds still bring a tear to my eye two months later. And I would be remiss if I didn't thank y'all again for your donation support. We are now much better equipped to help when it happens again.

vCash
    You do great work, SVD! Grateful for your efforts and your service to our communities! Thank you!

vCash
    It’s still a sad site there. Spent a few days on a trackhoe down there just trying to move trees and debris to clear paths for people to get in and out of their houses, not to mention being there that night trying to help people. It was really bad. I can’t believe a lot more didn’t die that night. Talked to quite a few people that went through it. People with walls falling on them and just walking up their house from their car and getting trapped in their garage. That’s how fast it happened and with hardly no warning at all, even standing outside. They said wind went from calm to about 50-60 in a matter of seconds. Then much worse just moments later, of course. A lot were lucky to still just be living.