Thread: Cant wait for College Football

vCash

Cant wait for College Football

I really think this is going to be a fantastic year of college football especially inside the sec.

State sucks at baseball so I?m just counting down the days till football

vCash
    I'm with you there man. This is why I want the 9 game schedule once Texas and OU join. It doesn't get any better than being at a big time SEC football game live.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I'm with you there man. This is why I want the 9 game schedule once Texas and OU join. It doesn't get any better than being at a big time SEC football game live.
    I don?t know if you have seen but reports around the sec is many teams are pushing back against the 9 game sec schedule. Alabama is leading that charge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I don?t know if you have seen but reports around the sec is many teams are pushing back against the 9 game sec schedule. Alabama is leading that charge
    A 9 game SEC schedule does MSU exactly ZERO favors. We'll replace an easy win with another 50/50 toss up at best.

vCash
    Better enjoy it while you can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    A 9 game SEC schedule does MSU exactly ZERO favors. We'll replace an easy win with another 50/50 toss up at best.
    I wish it was a 10 game SEC schedule.

vCash
    This is what a lot of fans don't understand. 9 or more SEC games seriously hurts our chances at a winning season and bowl game appearance. 8 SEC games is plenty.

vCash
    I don't see 9 SEC games making a big difference assuming they get rid of the required one OOC power 5 game which I assume they would. Going to 10 would certainly make things significantly more difficult for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We'd be Vandy then.

vCash
    We'd be Vandy then.
    Unless that 100 million that was donated to us a few months ago was all for NIL LOL

vCash
    Oh I know, but the 8-4 crap is long played out. If any of our fans and administration are scared of the 9-3 split then they need to find another team and retire. Poor ole MSU mentality.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Oh I know, but the 8-4 crap is long played out. If any of our fans and administration are scared of the 9-3 split then they need to find another team and retire. Poor ole MSU mentality.
    Lol at this post. It's the opposite of a loser mentality. It's wanting to win and portray a winning program. These same fans you call having a loser mentality want to fire a coach 2 years after winning a National Championship.

We would lose 90% of the fanbase and administration if we listen to your post.
    Last edited by DownwardDawg; 05-27-2023 at 07:01 PM.

vCash
    We'd be Vandy then.
    Get better then.

vCash
    Unless that 100 million that was donated to us a few months ago was all for NIL LOL
    That's the only way we are going to survive in a 9 game SEC schedule with Oklahoma and Texas jumping in the pond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Put 2 more in the "L" column.

vCash
    At some point it would be nice if football actually started to do tangible things to win instead of trying to be cute and "game" the system.

I'm not seeing the difference between 8 SEC games and a P5 OOC game and 9 SEC games personally. Other than the 9 is more interesting to me as a fan even if it's replacing NC State with Vanderbilt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    At some point it would be nice if football actually started to do tangible things to win instead of trying to be cute and "game" the system.

I'm not seeing the difference between 8 SEC games and a P5 OOC game and 9 SEC games personally. Other than the 9 is more interesting to me as a fan even if it's replacing NC State with Vanderbilt.
    Just depends on who the 9th game is against.
    With the schedule shakeup, we will no longer be playing the west every year, so we should see more of Vandy/Mizzou/usce and less traditional west teams.
    I think the 9 game schedule will be slightly harder than the 8 game schedule with the P5.

vCash
    Some of you are acting as if we're a doormat college football team. The only guarantee is Bama because the players or coaches haven't believed since Jackie. Everyone else is a great game ready to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Some of you are acting as if we're a doormat college football team. The only guarantee is Bama because the players or coaches haven't believed since Jackie. Everyone else is a great game ready to happen.
    Lots of casuals believe we are a doormat because of how bad we were outside of the Sherrill.

Since 2009 state has been one of the most successful sec football teams outside of bama, lsu, Georgia, and auburn.

Problem is we have the most humble fanbase that isn?t obnoxious and doesn?t try to tell everyone how good we are. If most sec fanbases had what we have returning next year they would be claiming a sec title. We don?t because we hate being hurt.