Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UGA looking for a baseball coach

vCash

UGA looking for a baseball coach

Stricklin out in Athens.

vCash
    Was about to post this. 10 seasons, 3 NCAA tourneys. Finished 29-27 this season. But finished ahead of State in SEC, made Hoover. Early exit. I guess making Hoover don?t men much, other then now it is the only way to get to a regional whereas before, certain teams made a regional without going to Hoover if they had a good overall record and finished at least 12-17 in conference.

I guess mediocre ain?t good enough for a club sport in Athens.

vCash
    Meanwhile below mediocre is just fine and dandy here.

vCash
    People forget that they were a Top 8 seed in 2018 and 2019. And probably would’ve been one in 2020 if not for COVID. He had a few years with some unreal arms on his staff. But didn’t do a ton with them and otherwise did absolutely nothing in his decade there. He’s the coach that took Kent State to Omaha so he doesn’t suck. Just didn’t do enough there over a decade.

vCash
    We will end up needing a coach and Haire will be gone. I will want to slam my in a door.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    We will end up needing a coach and Haire will be gone. I will want to slam my in a door.
    Take solace in the fact that a door is only 1.75 inches thick.

vCash
    Georgia fired a guy that made the NCAA Tourney 3 times in 10 years?

Seems like they were pretty patient with him and realize you cant make decisions based on 1 or 2 seasons
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Yep. Alabama and Georgia will end up with a better coach than us in 2024. Hopefully the new guy in 2025 will be better than both of theirs, but there's no guarantee of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Seems like they were pretty patient with him and realize you cant make decisions based on 1 or 2 seasons
    Actually, they gave him some patience early on, but now they have a much quicker hook than us.

Note that none of his 10 seasons were as bad as Lemonis in 2022-23.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 05-26-2023 at 09:14 PM.

vCash

Careful you will tear a shoulder up from reaching so hard

vCash
    Meh- Lemon was 4 wins away from making the NCAA Tourney this season. We arent that far off.

Fix the pitching
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Meh- Lemon was 4 wins away from making the NCAA Tourney this season. We arent that far off.

Fix the pitching
    Can I insert a comma here and add: "fix the defense, especially left side of the infield, fix the fundamentals, fix the TERRIBLE decision-making, a la pitching to a power hitter who has already hit two dingers out of the park and accounted for every one of the opponents runs whilst having a base open. How about bunting a crucial runner over to 2nd base when your best bunter is at bat. How about teaching outfield fundamentals so that our outfielders aren't running into each other like the Bad News Bears multiple times in one game." I think this is enough for starters.

vCash

Fix the pitching
    And 4 losses from our worst record ever in the SEC.

vCash

Fix the pitching
    Dude.

If you had any credibility left, you would be throwing it away on this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Was about to post this. 10 seasons, 3 NCAA tourneys. Finished 29-27 this season. But finished ahead of State in SEC, made Hoover. Early exit. I guess making Hoover don?t men much, other then now it is the only way to get to a regional whereas before, certain teams made a regional without going to Hoover if they had a good overall record and finished at least 12-17 in conference.

I guess mediocre ain?t good enough for a club sport in Athens.
    That might be the WORST argument ever. He went to 3 regionals in ten years. Not going again this year. Yet comparing to our deal?? Everyone can make a case for firing lem. I get it. But this is apples and grapes.... Next time don't hit send. Just awful comparison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That might be the WORST argument ever. He went to 3 regionals in ten years. Not going again this year. Yet comparing to our deal?? Everyone can make a case for firing lem. I get it. But this is apples and grapes.... Next time don't hit send. Just awful comparison
    And there's 3x the baseball talent in GA than in Mississippi. UGA and GaTech should both be in regionals every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Actually, they gave him some patience early on, but now they have a much quicker hook than us.

Note that none of his 10 seasons were as bad as Lemonis in 2022-23.
    Lemonis's last four years are better than any four year period he had at Georgia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Lemonis's last four years are better than any four year period he had at Georgia.
    His last two are also worse than any 2 year period at UGA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    His last two are also worse than any 2 year period at UGA.
    He had four losing seasons in a row at Georgia

vCash

Fix the pitching
    You mean Lemonizik