Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1659

Thread: NCAA Baseball Transfer Portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    because we are stuck with Lame Duck Lemo
    One way or the other- this thread will be fun to quote from in the Spring
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'm not saying he's on the level of BM, but do we have a shot at Stephen Reid from GA Tech? I believe he hit like .344 w/ 15 bombs if I'm not mistaken.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    One way or the other- this thread will be fun to quote from in the Spring
    100% it will. Hope I'm the one getting roasted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    My last comment/question(s) on the Braden Montgomery situation with regard to his decision to go to Play for the Milkmen.

IF(big word but there was a lot of supposition on this thread) he chose then because of his hitting instructor who I believe people have mentioned as Chuck Box, then who is to say a new coach at State THIS year, couldn?t have hire Said hitting instructor and brought Montgomery in?

We really don?t know if course, because we are stuck with Lame Duck Lemo, but a change THIS year, not next will most likely present itself in the Spring of 24 when State loses a non-con series or a midweek to a nobody.

Some of you are too young to remember when we actually had sports casters on local stations making this statement after a 2-9 or 3-8 football season:

?State went 2-9 this year but the good news is everybody is back next year. The bad news is everybody is back next year!?
    chuck box is not his hitting coach. CB works for a&M. CB had little to nothing to do w BM going to a&m. His hitting guy is based out of TX and is a private instructor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    chuck box is not his hitting coach. CB works for a&M. CB had little to nothing to do w BM going to a&m. His hitting guy is based out of TX and is a private instructor.
    Sounds like we need to go and hire that guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    As what?

vCash
    He's not for hire. He's a private hitting instructor..... smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He's not for hire. He's a private hitting instructor..... smh
    Not if made an offer he can?t refuse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    Again, as what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Again, as what?
    Special assistant aka helper

vCash
    To do what??? He's a private hitting Instructor. He's not a college coach.not even sure why I wasted the 30 secs responding

vCash
    Special assistant aka helper
    Dude, do you really think that's realistic with limits on staffing to 4 countable coaches and volunteers being eliminated? Not to mention you have no clue whether he could qualify to be on a college staff, how much of a pay cut he would be willing to take, relocate and shut down his business, etc. Y'all can throw some stuff out there without any consideration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Dude, do you really think that's realistic with limits on staffing to 4 countable coaches and volunteers being eliminated? Not to mention you have no clue whether he could qualify to be on a college staff, how much of a pay cut he would be willing to take, relocate and shut down his business, etc. Y'all can throw some stuff out there without any consideration.
    I?m joking.

vCash
    Too much joking in this thread to begin with.

vCash
    I understood that you were being facetious even if these other dudes missed it. I think everyone is upset about our baseball situation that they have forgotten how to detect sarcasm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I understood that you were being facetious even if these other dudes missed it. I think everyone is upset about our baseball situation that they have forgotten how to detect sarcasm
    Haha yeah I just let it roll. Hopefully it's not us getting rolled next spring but I hope someone fills the AD in that this wouldn't have happened in the past. If we wanted someone we usually got them especially if the family was behind them. The fact that we had that plus the money and still couldn't land the kid just shows what kind of mistake was made keeping Lemonis. I hope Lemonis makes fools of us all but if he cant accomplish bringing a kid over with all the cards he held with this kid, no matter how good Lemonis of coach Lemonis is and the staff he brings, we won't ever be top 2 sec again with our competition landing those guys each year.

Banned
    vCash
    heck, with texas and OU making 16 SEC teams lemo gone steady maintain in the lower quarter unless Parker can turn water into wine

vCash
    Haha yeah I just let it roll. Hopefully it's not us getting rolled next spring but I hope someone fills the AD in that this wouldn't have happened in the past. If we wanted someone we usually got them especially if the family was behind them. The fact that we had that plus the money and still couldn't land the kid just shows what kind of mistake was made keeping Lemonis. I hope Lemonis makes fools of us all but if he cant accomplish bringing a kid over with all the cards he held with this kid, no matter how good Lemonis of coach Lemonis is and the staff he brings, we won't ever be top 2 sec again with our competition landing those guys each year.
    You mean like Palmeiro's kid who decommitted when we hired Cohen?

vCash
    To be fair his mother lives in MS and wanted him coming to State. His father lives in another state and I dunno what he wanted. My family has been close to him and his mothers family. One of the girls has been friends with him and she?s at State. When she heard he may come to State she contacted him. He wouldn?t tell her where he was going. My sister said his mama told them a while back he was coming back too. But we didn?t recruit him while we recruited his friends in high school, he left the state for a reason, and I checked with the family when I first heard he may be coming. Not one said that he ever said he was coming. I thought his mother would get her way. Unfortunately for us he chose to come closer to home.

PS…I hope Lemonis proves me wrong, but I didn’t want to keep him. Due to portal weakness, and most importantly, we play like dog piss with all his players. I’m down on all sports anymore, just from the way they began and the way they are run from the top down. Mostly to maximize profits in Vegas. It’s a rigged game against us and the Freemasons playground. Deceit and taking our money in all aspects of life. It’s a big club and we ain’t in it.
    Last edited by JoseBrown; 08-12-2023 at 12:38 PM.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    To be fair his mother lives in MS and wanted him coming to State. His father lives in another state and I dunno what he wanted. My family has been close to him and his mothers family. One of the girls has been friends with him and she?s at State. When she heard he may come to State she contacted him. He wouldn?t tell her where he was going. My sister said his mama told them a while back he was coming back too. But we didn?t recruit him while we recruited his friends in high school, he left the state for a reason, and I checked with the family when I first heard he may be coming. Not one said that he ever said he was coming. I thought his mother would get her way. Unfortunately for us he chose to come closer to home.

PS?I hope Lemonis proves me wrong, but I didn?t want to keep him. Due to portal weakness, and most importantly, we play like dog piss with all his players. I?m down on all sports anymore, just from the way they began and the way they are run from the top down. Mostly to maximize profits in Vegas. It?s a rigged game against us and the Freemasons playground. Deceit and taking our money in all aspects of life. It?s a big club and we ain?t in it.
    I cannot disagree.