Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1659

Thread: NCAA Baseball Transfer Portal

vCash
    Loftin and Holcomb have to get their heads right. Both have talent. Loo has it too, just needs to figure best way to use him and work on his stuff some. We've got a lot of potential in our staff. Just no one has shown it consistently yet. Parker will certainly earn his pay.
    I could mention Dohm and Stone and our new Juco guy too. The way I see it, it's not possible to be worse than what we saw last year. How big a jump we can make it the question. But we'll improve regardless.

vCash
    Our pitchers have to take a big step with control. But it also helps to not call 2-3 straight breaking balls off the plate 5 inches when you are ahead in the count. That happened way too much and hurt our pitcher's confidence as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Loftin and Holcomb have to get their heads right. Both have talent. Loo has it too, just needs to figure best way to use him and work on his stuff some. We've got a lot of potential in our staff. Just no one has shown it consistently yet. Parker will certainly earn his pay.
    I could mention Dohm and Stone and our new Juco guy too. The way I see it, it's not possible to be worse than what we saw last year. How big a jump we can make it the question. But we'll improve regardless.
    Nailed it. There's a lot of talent on this staff the question is harnessing it. If Parker can unlock it for these guys we'll be just fine. He's definitely gonna have to earn his pay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Our pitchers have to take a big step with control. But it also helps to not call 2-3 straight breaking off the plate 5 inches when you are ahead in the count. That happened way too much and hurt our pitcher's confidence as well.
    Amen brother! The pitch calling made me pull my hair out and almost lose my religion!

Non competitive pitches when ahead in the count is absolutely insane!

vCash
    What the hell is Montgomery waiting on to commit to someone? I mean don’t they report pretty soon?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Our pitchers have to take a big step with control.
    I've said it a million times. I don't give a rat's ass how hard you throw ball 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Amen brother! The pitch calling made me pull my hair out and almost lose my religion!

Non competitive pitches when ahead in the count is absolutely insane!
    pitch calling was horrendous. Parker will be a step up there. Hell, my sister would be a step up.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    pitch calling was horrendous. Parker will be a step up there. Hell, my sister would be a step up.
    I was honestly dumbfounded at the approach we had game after game with the pitch calling. Part of the problem with our pitching was we were so predictable. We never attacked inside and if a pitch came in it was just because the pitcher missed his spot. If a hitter knows there no chance of getting busted inside you get real comfortable leaning out over the plate and taking away the only spot we ever threw to. Everthing was away, away away and when we got ahead we threw non competitive pitches trying to get strike outs. Heck a hitter gets behind 0-2 to us just take the next 3 pitches and then look for a cripple on 3-2 or take one of the gazillion walks we gave up! It real was head scratching.

vCash
    We have pitchers who would play for any team in this league.... just not enough of them.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    My daughter would have called better games and pulled pitchers much faster. But she also would have challenged hitters a lot more.

vCash
    Last call Foxhall is what I started calling him. Because he was either drunk or just calling the same pitch so much. It worked either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    What the hell is Montgomery waiting on to commit to someone? I mean don’t they report pretty soon?
    I think at this point, you move forward NOT expecting Montgomery to be on the team. He has to know his announcement of coming to State would have possibly persuaded other transfer targets to also come play with him, Hines, Jordan, etc.

He didn't make that announcement, that's why I'm thinking Lemonis is going to be the bridesmaid for Montgomery's services... hope I'm wrong.

vCash
    I think we have a silent commit. It?s the Purdue pitcher but we waiting on him to announce.

vCash
    not landing Montgomery would make the offseason portal a failure
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    You shouldn't be surprised. Your sister told me to tell you**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Lemons is sleeping with phone by his side..humming

"I'm waiting by the phone
    Waiting for you to call me up and tell me I'm not alone
    I'm waiting by the phone
    Waiting for you to call me up and tell me I'm not alone
    Hello, speak up, is there somebody there?
    These hang-ups are getting me down
    In a world frozen over with over-exposure
    Let's talk it over, let's go out and paint the town
    I'm waiting by the phone
    Waiting for you to call me up and tell me I'm not alone"

vCash
    Cape finishes up this week. Expect him in town after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Last call Foxhall is what I started calling him. Because he was either drunk or just calling the same pitch so much. It worked either way.
    Foxhall was just hired at Auburn. "Director of Player Development"

The new Auburn PC is a guy named Everett Teaford, who was the Minor Leauge Pitching Coordinator for the White Sox before coming to college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Cape finishes up this week. Expect him in town after that.
    Playoffs start this weekend with his team in first place.

vCash
    Finally a take we agree on lol

Though I think we needed a Friday starter more than Montgomery. Montgomery is probably a bigger "failure", just because we had so much going for us.