Page 54 of 83 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1659

Thread: NCAA Baseball Transfer Portal

vCash
    Currently Bianco has 3 LH weekend starters. He has sort of retooled the roster with portal guys to the point that he at least has a DH and 9 bats to fill the order. Not much depth at all if injuries come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Currently Bianco has 3 LH weekend starters. He has sort of retooled the roster with portal guys to the point that he at least has a DH and 9 bats to fill the order. Not much depth at all if injuries come.
    I doubt Elliott is ready by next year. They screwed that up by delaying his surgery.

OM loses a 1st rounder in Gonzalez, a really good hitter in Alderman, and a solid catcher in Harris.

They got a good transfer from Arizona State but they still have a lot of holes. I think they stink again next year and Bianco retires

vCash
    I think OM has done ok. They got a solid SS and 3B. They've pulled as much as us so far. We're just in it for two hosses that can really boost us. They don't have anything else really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    He deserves to retire with happiness. I hated that OM won the CWS, but was happy he finally got one. OM doesn't deserve him
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I doubt Elliott is ready by next year. They screwed that up by delaying his surgery.

OM loses a 1st rounder in Gonzalez, a really good hitter in Alderman, and a solid catcher in Harris.

They got a good transfer from Arizona State but they still have a lot of holes. I think they stink again next year and Bianco retires
    If you read some of the quotes from the AZ St baseball coach, sounds like that SS has some Slate in him...

https://twitter.com/SunDevilSource/s...5Es1_&ref_url=

vCash
    His attitude and demeanor will fit in great on the plantation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    From what I?ve heard it?s extremely close and to close to call but we are definitely right there. I think we?ve got a great shot to get him.

Yeah you?re right about om they have some serious holes that have not been filled. Almost looks like bianco is tired and about ready to ride off into the sunset.
    The "experts" claim they have had a better portal Gail than us. Thus far...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    So far they have, but you get Holman and Montgomery and it isn?t close.

vCash
    Speaking of Montgomery, what exactly is going on with him? Everyone here acted like him coming here was a done deal before he even entered the Portal. Then he entered and supposedly he was trying to get Burns here. Then its "I feel a lot better about Montgomery than I do Holman", but that still leaves room for Montgomery to go elsewhere.

What's the deal with him? Why hasn't he committed, who else is he looking at, what are his hangups etc?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    They?ve done ok but they have no depth and their pitching is still a question mark imo. I can see a similar season to this year for them. From what I?ve heard Mike is tired and believe this coming season will be his last. He?s earned it though. Mike is a good guy and really doesn?t fit the om mold. He?s been really good to my son.

vCash
    They?ve done ok but they have no depth and their pitching is still a question mark imo. I can see a similar season to this year for them. From what I?ve heard Mike is tired and believe this coming season will be his last. He?s earned it though. Mike is a good guy and really doesn?t fit the om mold. He?s been really good to my son.
    I agree. I've always respected him for that. He has always treated us with respect and he's always had class. Not one of them.

vCash
    He's a class act. They don't deserve that dude

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Speaking of Montgomery, what exactly is going on with him? Everyone here acted like him coming here was a done deal before he even entered the Portal. Then he entered and supposedly he was trying to get Burns here. Then its "I feel a lot better about Montgomery than I do Holman", but that still leaves room for Montgomery to go elsewhere.

What's the deal with him? Why hasn't he committed, who else is he looking at, what are his hangups etc?
    Nothing has changed. Still feel good about it. I expect closure in the next 7-10 days. If I'm wrong and it goes south, I'll own it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Speaking of Montgomery, what exactly is going on with him?

It’s like being in a Strip Club in Vegas. Montgomery saw the hot chick he wanted a lapdance from (State) then a couple more hot chicks walked by smiling at him. He’s making sure he chooses the wisely who he wants the dance from
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It?s like being in a Strip Club in Vegas. Montgomery saw the hot chick he wanted a lapdance from (State) then a couple more hot chicks walked by smiling at him. He?s making sure he chooses the wisely who he wants the dance from
    Maybe we should inform him that those "strippers" are heavily infected with gonorrheasyphilaids.....

vCash
    Montgomery saw the hot chick he wanted a lapdance from (State) then a couple more hot chicks walked by smiling at him. He’s making sure he chooses the wisely who he wants the dance from
    Got some experience in that, eh???***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Got some experience in that, eh???***
    Is that wrong?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Is that wrong?
    I met my wife in Seminary***

vCash
    Y'all need Jesus

vCash
    Montgomery played for Team USA and now is in the Cape so he really hasn't had time to take visits or anything.

Another factor to consider is that even if we were his destination spot, you don't want to hit the portal and commit somewhere immediately without taking multiple visits and at least making it look like you went through the process. That's how you avoid getting accused of tampering, even though it's likely that's what happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Montgomery played for Team USA and now is in the Cape so he really hasn't had time to take visits or anything.
    True, but that doesn't mean he hasn't been visited