Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Baseball Transfer Portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I don?t think Alford was a cancer. I think words were exchanged a few times in the dugout and in the locker room among a few players. Then some of the players upset about losing so much drew a line, the E5 & E6 & PB2 drew a line, and Wild Thangs 1-8 drew their lines, and the guys who worked hard but had no leadership qualities drew their line. And the anointed Captain was devoid of the leadership qualities. And the coaches were devoid of an actual coaching abilities. And here we are.
    well, we know that Hines got Alford's attention midseason. He didnt draw any line
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    well, we know that Hines got Alford's attention midseason. He didnt draw any line
    The squabble started earlier than that. It started in Frisco and escalated later. Hunter was the alpha dog and Alford the bitch.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Well I do believe Alford has a ton of potential. Go back to when we signed him and then again last year when all our message boards were penciling him in as a starter and probably the 3rd baseman. He was definitely highly thought of coming in. I really think some lines were drawn after the 22 season. Then when the team was allowed to lolligag all fall even after flunking out in 22, they looked bad again to start 23 and it snowballed and they never became a <team>.

More like a bunch of misfits pieced together by a clueless coaching staff who only had to write a lineup card in 21.
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 06-21-2023 at 06:18 PM.

vCash
    Well I do believe Alford has a ton of potential. Go back to when we signed him and then again last year when all our message boards were penciling him in as a starter and probably the 3rd baseman. He was definitely highly thought of coming in. I really think some lines were drawn after the 22 season. Then when the team was allowed to lolligag all fall even after flunking out in 22, they looked bad again to start 23 and it snowballed and they never became a <team>.

More like a bunch of misfits pieced together by a clueless coaching staff who only had to write a lineup card in 21.
    He probably does have tons of potential. He looks the part. But that attitude was awful and apparent any time he was on tv.

Not to mention he played like crap hitting and fielding.

vCash
    And there was a time not only coaches would wait for potential to become talent and the players would work hard in the off season to make that happen. And the majors were patient for that to develop over 3 years in their minor league programs. Colleges can?t afford to PAY someone for potential where as the Pros could.

vCash
    And there was a time not only coaches would wait for potential to become talent and the players would work hard in the off season to make that happen. And the majors were patient for that to develop over 3 years in their minor league programs. Colleges can?t afford to PAY someone for potential where as the Pros could.
    Very sad those days are over. It?s hard to mentally navigate. I haven?t figured out how this will play out yet.

vCash
    Enough about E5, this a Portal thread, not about Cut Players

Payton Tolle is the Orelude Candidate of 2023. LHP and 1B but used as DH

300 hitter with 15 HR also Saturday starter, with 5:1 K to BB ratio.

Big kid 6-6 250

Stats:

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s...ason_Stats.pdf
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 06-22-2023 at 01:27 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Word is we will feel really well about what we are gonna do sighing the next 10 days in the portal. Idk who but there are some people expecting a big transfer coming in this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Word is we will feel really well about what we are gonna do sighing the next 10 days in the portal. Idk who but there are some people expecting a big transfer coming in this weekend.
    Well look who is back... Welcome.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Well look who is back... Welcome.
    I’ve been lurking. Just haven’t posted in a while. Lost my pw. Thanks for getting me back up and going.

vCash
    I hear that some transfers are on campus today. I don?t have any names.

vCash
    I’ve been lurking. Just haven’t posted in a while. Lost my pw. Thanks for getting me back up and going.
    And a 2nd poster gets resurrected from the dead! Welcome back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    Gotta get him

vCash
    So much for Alabama competing in baseball. They have the money but seems they'd rather spend it on basketball and football

vCash
    Bama Ace

Luke Holman, kid from PA, maybe Bednar should call him up to help Lemons

Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 06-22-2023 at 11:11 PM.

vCash
    Billy Amick - Clemson - 1b/DH

All American hitter

Stats: https://data.clemsontigers.com/pdf/b...2-23/Stats.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    well, we know that Hines got Alford's attention midseason.
    Dohm did too, allegedly.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    What’s up with Clemson? I think the also lost a stud 3B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    What?s up with Clemson? I think the also lost a stud 3B.
    The same thing that's up with NC State, and most of the rest of the ACC. Not dedicating significant NIL dollars to baseball. The SEC is raiding their rosters for the best talent for larger NIL guarantees.