Page 15 of 83 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Baseball Transfer Portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I don't blame Lemons for this. Vandy loses players to the portal too. When you recruit stars with no ties to MSU, this can happen. Part of the modern portal.

If his price is as high as people saying. It was ridiculous. You could go get 5 or 7 RJ Yeagers and would be hammering people all the way to Omaha.

Jac Caglianone is the best player in college baseball next year, a legit two way Super Player with numbers to back it up. Malcom Moore of Stanford now that's a star freshman. DJ has meh numbers and has a stooge personality. No loss here.
    It may be true that this was going to happen no matter who our coach was. My point is that one of the primary justifications for keeping Lemonis (when most of the fanbase wanted to fire him) is that if we didn't, our best players would transfer away. Here's an example of that happening anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    It may be true that this was going to happen no matter who our coach was. My point is that one of the primary justifications for keeping Lemonis (when most of the fanbase wanted to fire him) is that if we didn't, our best players would transfer away. Here's an example of that happening anyway.
    Seems that Lemonis needs to ask DJ to watch Godfather II and understand the Fredo Corleone character.

Don't let a rich old dude use you for leverage to help his Fredo. This is almost the same as the Fredo Grisham situation 30 years ago. "Take my sorry son or I give my money to UVA." In this case MSU only loses one player who apparently relies on old conjurers and handlers to sway his life decisions.

I hope Lemonis goes hardcore on these chiselers. The team passes this moral test, we get the program back on track.

vCash
    The kid was paid to enter the portal. Plain and simple. This has absolutely nothing to do with who our coach is or who our coach isn’t. Some of y’all are dead set on making everything a culture or Lemonis problem. From everything I gather and people I have talked to, he is asking 7 figures to stay at State. Alfords daddy got his feelings hurt cause Lemonis told him Alford to move on, which EVERYONE here agrees needed to happen, so him and the Dulins guy decided to talk DJ into entering the portal and telling us a CRAZY amount to stay to try and bend us over. Like I said, from what I gather, Lemonis is still working to keep the kid, but we aren’t dropping anywhere close to 7 figures on a kid for 1 more year of service nor should we.

If I remember correctly, Skenes and Tommy White didn’t get halft that between the 2 of them.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    7 figures for a guy that wasn?t that good. Hell half the year he couldn?t touch a curveball on Tuesday night.

vCash
    I think Foreskin was part of the group with Alford and another reason why they are pissed
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    The kid was paid to enter the portal. Plain and simple. This has absolutely nothing to do with who our coach is or who our coach isn’t. Some of y’all are dead set on making everything a culture or Lemonis problem. From everything I gather and people I have talked to, he is asking 7 figures to stay at State. Alfords daddy got his feelings hurt cause Lemonis told him Alford to move on, which EVERYONE here agrees needed to happen, so him and the Dulins guy decided to talk DJ into entering the portal and telling us a CRAZY amount to stay to try and bend us over. Like I said, from what I gather, Lemonis is still working to keep the kid, but we aren’t dropping anywhere close to 7 figures on a kid for 1 more year of service nor should we.

If I remember correctly, Skenes and Tommy White didn’t get halft that between the 2 of them.
    This is a leverage move. Nobody is going to give Dakota that type of money. State is going to offer him a NIL deal and it?s going to be a take it or leave it deal. Georgia isn?t going to pay what he wants. Is Alford dad and his travel ball coach going to pay him what State has offered him? Somebody might match State?s offer but it?s not going to be Georgia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    The kid was paid to enter the portal. Plain and simple. This has absolutely nothing to do with who our coach is or who our coach isn?t. Some of y?all are dead set on making everything a culture or Lemonis problem. From everything I gather and people I have talked to, he is asking 7 figures to stay at State. Alfords daddy got his feelings hurt cause Lemonis told him Alford to move on, which EVERYONE here agrees needed to happen, so him and the Dulins guy decided to talk DJ into entering the portal and telling us a CRAZY amount to stay to try and bend us over. Like I said, from what I gather, Lemonis is still working to keep the kid, but we aren?t dropping anywhere close to 7 figures on a kid for 1 more year of service nor should we.

If I remember correctly, Skenes and Tommy White didn?t get halft that between the 2 of them.
    Anyone know what kinda cash Big Daddy Alford paid him? Surely it can't be close to what he would've got had he stayed.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I think Foreskin was part of the group with Alford and another reason why they are pissed
    At some point we have to blame Lemonis for the culture he's created

1 bad apple whos roomates with and influences a 2nd guy? OK, that happens. But you start getting into 3 players who formed their own entitled friend group and it becomes the coach allowing "the inmates to run the asylum" so to speak.

At that point it's large enough to see, and if it's large enough to see it should have been snuffed out

vCash
    Bad attitudes kill team chemistry. Also there were a few times lack of hustle came into play with a few players. You can't have this in team sports and be successful very long. The true fact is out coaching staff didn't handle those two areas along with a few other issues this past year. Lemonis is very lucky he has a job at Msu. Maybe he can learn from all this but maybe not, but no doubt he lost this past years team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post

1 bad apple whos roomates with and influences a 2nd guy? OK, that happens. But you start getting into 3 players who formed their own entitled friend group and it becomes the coach allowing "the inmates to run the asylum" so to speak.

At that point it's large enough to see, and if it's large enough to see it should have been snuffed out
    Can you explain what Lemonis should have done to prevent this? Forcibly keep them apart? Not bench Forsythe? Let Alford do whatever he wants?

What legitimate things should Lemonis have done to prevent this if in fact it's all true?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Bad attitudes kill team chemistry. Also there were a few times lack of hustle came into play with a few players. You can't have this in team sports and be successful very long. The true fact is out coaching staff didn't handle those two areas along with a few other issues this past year. Lemonis is very lucky he has a job at Msu. Maybe he can learn from all this but maybe not, but no doubt he lost this past years team.
    Why is it some folks can't understand this. Once the water is fouled --you must pout it out and re-fill the cup. We are just wasting time keeping Lemonis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post

It was. That's why slate was told to leave. He's going to be a .270 hitter and double digit HR next year. He wanted to stay. His parents had a condo at GJ. They wanted to stay. He was told to leave. That's why his dad is so pissed and trying to stick it to us with this DJ stuff.

Everybody knew telling slate to leave risked DJ leaving. We did it anyway to try and fix the culture.

Let it play out.

vCash

Banned
    vCash
    Andddddd a lot of guys on here gonna eat more crow. I am absolutely loving the stupidity.
    Last edited by Tater; 06-21-2023 at 10:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It was. That's why slate was told to leave. He's going to be a .270 hitter and double digit HR next year. He wanted to stay. His parents had a condo at GJ. They wanted to stay. He was told to leave. That's why his dad is so pissed and trying to stick it to us with this DJ stuff.

Everybody knew telling slate to leave risked DJ leaving. We did it anyway to try and fix the culture.

Let it play out.
    That's why you let it play out.

vCash
    Is this really a good thing or is there going to be a cancer growing all season long? Who knows? Guess we'll have to find out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Andddddd a lot of guys on here gonna eat more crow. I am absolutely loving the stupidity.
    The mods should delete it. Then pump E5's imposter stuff on the UGA commitment that is just a tryout.

I don't think Minime will want Bill Buckner in his infield.

vCash
    Or not. Props to Lemonis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Is this really a good thing or is there going to be a cancer growing all season long? Who knows? Guess we'll have to find out.
    I think the Cancer may be walking on at Georgia

vCash
    I don?t think Alford was a cancer. I think words were exchanged a few times in the dugout and in the locker room among a few players. Then some of the players upset about losing so much drew a line, the E5 & E6 & PB2 drew a line, and Wild Thangs 1-8 drew their lines, and the guys who worked hard but had no leadership qualities drew their line. And the anointed Captain was devoid of the leadership qualities. And the coaches were devoid of an actual coaching abilities. And here we are.