Page 13 of 83 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Baseball Transfer Portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I've been as critical of Lemonis as anyone but this doesn't seem like his fault at all.

Jordan is following bad info. He's not worth what it sounds like he thinks he is. A coach can't save a kid from his own delusions.

Now if Jordan was trying to go to a top tier program I could say he wants to win, and thus blame Lemo for not having us winning enough to keep him. But if he's going to UGA then that narrative doesn't fit.

Still, at the end of the day Lemo gets paid to put a good product on the field, and loosing our 2nd best hitter would not help with that. This problem isn't his fault but he'll be held liable for overcoming it
    Ding, Ding, Ding........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Agree. Go get Montgomery if he portals. I doubt he's asking 5 times what Skenes got like Dakota's handler is.
    Skenes is a generational player and get's you to Omaha, guaranteed. Even with Foxy "coaching" him.

DJ is a very good player with huge upside but DJ is not in the Skenes category of players, not at all. I would get the Bama kid with 25 HRs and Montgomery (if actually available). The Homeruns still count, even if they are just 380 feet. Just got to clear the fence.

Plus, this is pretty sorry if true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Skenes is a generational player and get's you to Omaha, guaranteed. Even with Foxy "coaching" him.

DJ is a very good player with huge upside but DJ is not in the Skenes category of players, not at all. I would get the Bama kid with 25 HRs and Montgomery (if actually available). The Homeruns still count, even if they are just 380 feet. Just got to clear the fence.

Plus, this is pretty sorry if true.
    Skenes would not have gotten us to Omaha. You still have to win more than 1 game a weekend. He would have made our Team ERA close to what LSU's was this year, but we'd still be 9 spots worse than them in scoring (#1 vs #10) and worse on D. We wouldn't not have scored more runs than we gave up earned runs in SEC play, as an example. We would have made the tournament and probably hosted but wouldn't have been able to go anywhere with it

vCash
    Skenes would not have gotten us to Omaha. You still have to win more than 1 game a weekend. He would have made our Team ERA close to what LSU's was this year, but we'd still be 9 spots worse than them in scoring (#1 vs #10) and worse on D. We wouldn't not have scored more runs than we gave up earned runs in SEC play, as an example. We would have made the tournament and probably hosted but wouldn't have been able to go anywhere with it
    That's assuming everything goes the same way. With Skenes dominating every Friday and moving Cade to Saturday, that's as good or better than any 1-2 in the league. Which lifts your entire team. People defend better, hit better, etc....
    you're at least in a regional, and with those two as your 1-2 you have a shot

vCash
    Amazing how much better our offense would have been when our guys could actually bay not down 10 runs in the 3rd…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    That's assuming everything goes the same way. With Skenes dominating every Friday and moving Cade to Saturday, that's as good or better than any 1-2 in the league. Which lifts your entire team. People defend better, hit better, etc....
    you're at least in a regional, and with those two as your 1-2 you have a shot
    So LSU has Skenes, Floyd (4.53 ERA), no 3rd starter, and 3 guys in the oen who are iffy but can usually give you 2 innings.

State would have Skenes, Cade (5.23 ERA), no 3rd starter, then 2-3 guys who are iffy but can usually get you through an inning or 2 (Hunt, Nixon, Dohm).

I'm not seeing why we'd have a better ERA than them this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Amazing how much better our offense would have been when our guys could actually bay not down 10 runs in the 3rd…
    That's a theory. I can flip it around and say our opponents would have thrown better pitchers later in the games if the score was closer, therefore our hitting often faced weaker pitching than SEC average.

These hypotheticals leave a lot of wiggle room to make it fit whatever the desired narrative is, that's why I prefer to use numbers

vCash
    So LSU has Skenes, Floyd (4.53 ERA), no 3rd starter, and 3 guys in the oen who are iffy but can usually give you 2 innings.

State would have Skenes, Cade (5.23 ERA), no 3rd starter, then 2-3 guys who are iffy but can usually get you through an inning or 2 (Hunt, Nixon, Dohm).

I'm not seeing why we'd have a better ERA than them this season
    We may not. I was talking about getting to Omaha. We absolutely would have had a shot at Omaha with Skenes and Cade in a regional and super regional format

vCash
    Hopefully some sense can be talked into DJ before he lets himself be a pawn in a handler's game.

vCash
    I'll be surprised if this gets worked out. Kid is getting hit from too many sides.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'll be surprised if this gets worked out. Kid is getting hit from too many sides.
    You mean gets worked out for us or he works his ass somewhere else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    You mean gets worked out for us or he works his ass somewhere else?
    For us.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    ****ing hell...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    ****ing hell...
    Probably should have seen this coming. His attitude stunk towards the end of the season.

vCash
    He can’t “officially” talk to other teams until he is in the portal. Still could work out but if I was coach, as soon as you entered, you wouldn’t have a spot anymore. I think Dabo does that in football.

vCash
    It stinks because the dude is mega-talented, but in the world in which we find ourselves, some dudes are just going to do this.

vCash
    He and Alford are best friends. May just be testing the waters. Could follow him to UGA.

vCash
    Good thing we held on to Lemonis so that our good players wouldn't transfer!

vCash
    Lemonis has turned this program into dog shit in two years. But at least Big E can still drive his ass around.
    If Lemonis can't sign big portal guys, his ass is over. Our administration & baseball cigar boys 17d up too.
    We do less with more under Lemonis.