Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Baseball Transfer Portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    So short-sighted. Yeah, UGA will be bumping NIL and it's a fun town. But, name the last UGA baseball player in MLB.
    It's not money. We could pay handsomely. But we're not paying him more than mlb minimum. Which is what his handler is demanding. Screw him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    so, uga is going to go cheap on a coach and get someone that has never really been a serious head coaching candidate but spend money on NIL. Of all of the baseball schools to leave for and ga is the choice?
    Uga is getting a discount rate since they took alford. We can pay Jordan roughly what Tommy white got. It's not money. It's alford's dad and Jordan's handler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm not naming any names.......... take that as you will.............................................. ..................................
    I will. Screw that guy.

vCash
    It would really stink to lose him, but in this day and age it is what it is. I hate it for Dakota because the guy seemed to really enjoy wearing the M over S. Maybe we can still retain him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It's not money. We could pay handsomely. But we're not paying him more than mlb minimum. Which is what his handler is demanding. Screw him.
    Correct ....Well more than mlb min.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    With the help from all of the posters, I?m going to try my best to keep you informed with the transfer portal.
    UCLA RHP
    Kelly Austin
    https://twitter.com/KendallRogers/st...22528540704770
    It may not be fair but if DJ leaves it's a reflection (and a poor one) on Lemonis. It's also just another nail in his coffin and further reiterates why we should've moved on.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    It may not be fair but if DJ leaves it's a reflection (and a poor one) on Lemonis. It's also just another nail in his coffin and further reiterates why we should've moved on.
    This literally has ZERO to do with it. We could have a new coach and this would still be taking place.

vCash
    Maybe, maybe not but it dang sure makes it easier to pack up and move on when you play on a shitty team for a possible lame duck coach.

vCash
    Way off base here.

vCash
    Maybe, maybe not but it dang sure makes it easier to pack up and move on when you play on a shitty team for a possible lame duck coach.
    That's a soundbite, but not anything based on the facts in evidence. And if he goes to UGA he's going to a first year head coach, that he's talked to over the phone, maybe.......

vCash
    The perception to the casual fan will be that rats are jumping off the ship before it sinks. That may not be a fair representation of the facts here but it doesn't matter, perception is reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I will. Screw that guy.
    Exactly, he deserves to be embarrassed and exposed on as many platforms as possible for acting petty

vCash
    The only thing we could have done to avoid this was keep alford. And they still may not have worked.

But keeping him likely would have cost you others and certainly would have kept issues in your locker room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Exactly, he deserves to be embarrassed and exposed on as many platforms as possible for acting petty
    I know many don't want to burn bridges there bc of his connections.

vCash
    The perception to the casual fan will be that rats are jumping off the ship before it sinks. That may not be a fair representation of the facts here but it doesn't matter, perception is reality.
    Fine. Hang out w perception then.

vCash
    At some point you have to step back and say, Well…. bye…. I don’t care what perception is to the sidewalk fans. You can’t let players hold you hostage. There are plenty of portal guys who are hungry and would give their left nut to wear the M over S.

Alford had an attitude problem. He needed to go. If Jordan wants to go with him cause he doesn’t have the sense to not be pressured into it, let him go.

vCash
    i just went and looked up mlb minimum. Ho-lee-shit is all i got to say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    At some point you have to step back and say, Well…. bye…. I don’t care what perception is to the sidewalk fans. You can’t let players hold you hostage. There are plenty of portal guys who are hungry and would give their left nut to wear the M over S.

Alford had an attitude problem. He needed to go. If Jordan wants to go with him cause he doesn’t have the sense to not be pressured into it, let him go.
    Agree. Go get Montgomery if he portals. I doubt he's asking 5 times what Skenes got like Dakota's handler is.

vCash
    I've been as critical of Lemonis as anyone but this doesn't seem like his fault at all.

Jordan is following bad info. He's not worth what it sounds like he thinks he is. A coach can't save a kid from his own delusions.

Now if Jordan was trying to go to a top tier program I could say he wants to win, and thus blame Lemo for not having us winning enough to keep him. But if he's going to UGA then that narrative doesn't fit.

Still, at the end of the day Lemo gets paid to put a good product on the field, and loosing our 2nd best hitter would not help with that. This problem isn't his fault but he'll be held liable for overcoming it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    i just went and looked up mlb minimum. Ho-lee-shit is all i got to say.
    And he won't get anything close to that anywhere. Certainly not Georgia.
    Hopefully some sense will get talked into him.