Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
Exactly - the atmosphere while fantastically awesome on big weekends and players dig it means very little to those driven to make the next level

1. Do their players get drafted? How high?
2. Playing time opportunities early?
3. Are players getting better over time? (See 1)
Regardless of what people think-development can and should continue to happen during the season- it?s on the coaches to provide the tools necessary and on the player to take advantage
It?s gotta be part of the culture
4. Do they have my major
5. NIL
6-9 fill in
10. Stadium atmosphere and fans

4. Do they have my major........

I think this gets overlooked a lot! I know that sports (wether its baseball, basketball, softball, football, ect...) is a draw to go somewhere and possibly get school paid for but if a college does not have a major close to what you want to do after college then it can be a deal breaker. My daughter just graduated high school and had offers from 6-8 schools some low D1, D2, D3 , MIAS, and Juco offers to play basketball. She will end up going the Juco route though because some of the (higher level) schools didn't have her field of study and money was also an issue. The basketball side would have been a lot better at some of the higher level schools but it would be crazy to go to school for 4 years and get a degree that you don't want or could use to use in a career field that you want to do for the rest of your life.........