Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Baseball Transfer Portal

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Loved this take by Kendall Rogers:

"This kind of underscores one massive negative to the Transfer Portal. The Sac State coaching staff evaluates a player, brings him in, he has a great freshman year, and then bam, he's gone. These kind of moves are also unintended consequences of NIL."

This was about the kid from Sac State. This is the type of thing we can take advantage of in baseball, where as in football some of the time we will be the Sac State in that scenario, but for baseball we should be on the benefitting with these kids who leave after a good year. If you want a kid, go get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    Loved this take by Kendall Rogers:

"This kind of underscores one massive negative to the Transfer Portal. The Sac State coaching staff evaluates a player, brings him in, he has a great freshman year, and then bam, he's gone. These kind of moves are also unintended consequences of NIL."

This was about the kid from Sac State. This is the type of thing we can take advantage of in baseball, where as in football some of the time we will be the Sac State in that scenario, but for baseball we should be on the benefitting with these kids who leave after a good year. If you want a kid, go get him.
    Well wait now. We are being told here that a coach of a G5 school will struggle against SEC talent. So wouldn?t a player from a G5 school also struggle against SEC talent? Like a Yeager or Ledbetter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Well wait now. We are being told here that a coach of a G5 school will struggle against SEC talent. So wouldn?t a player from a G5 school also struggle against SEC talent? Like a Yeager or Ledbetter?
    I don't really dive into the nonsense that some people here post. There's some real loose cannons around here... I'm not even sure what you're referring to.
    Last edited by SpaceWranglerDawg; 05-27-2023 at 05:09 PM.

vCash
    I don't really dive into the nonsense that some people here post. There's some real loose cannons around here... I'm not even sure what you're referring to.
    I was agreeing with you that this Sac State guy is an example of who we need to target. I was trying to get ahead of people on here saying <well he played against sucky talent, not SEC talent because or where he played>. Sorry about not identifying my comment to your post as sarcasm towards those who don?t think we can get good transfers from smaller schools. Like when we got Yeager a couple years ago and Ledbetter last year from smaller schools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    I might consider playing Cjinte in the field. Everyone says he swings a heavy bat and plays good defense. The coaches ought to at least sit down with him and discuss some options.
    Loo is not going to play a position in college. He chose to go the pitching route and will do so until he gets drafted next June
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    But he is the best SS currently on the team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    But he is the best SS currently on the team?
    SS isn't the reason we aren't still playing.....

vCash
    Last edited by BigDawg81; 05-28-2023 at 12:19 PM.

vCash
    Perhaps a good comparison would be to look at Xavier Rivas at Ole Miss this year. He had a 2.80 ERA at the University of Indianapolis as a sophomore. They are D2 I believe. This year for Ole Miss he had a 6.75 ERA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Perhaps a good comparison would be to look at Xavier Rivas at Ole Miss this year. He had a 2.80 ERA at the University of Indianapolis as a sophomore. They are D2 I believe. This year for Ole Miss he had a 6.75 ERA.
    It's almost like there's a difference in talent. What was our record vs non-sec teams?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    With the help from all of the posters, I?m going to try my best to keep you informed with the transfer portal.
    UCLA RHP
    Kelly Austin
    https://twitter.com/KendallRogers/st...22528540704770
    Here's a guy form Missouri State. Pretty good f/b but I checked his stats from Missouri State this past year and he walked 7 and gave up 4 hits in 2.1 innings. he'd fit right in. I mean, we're losing Stinnett so here's his replacement.

https://twitter.com/Ryanlam25726799
    Last edited by Saltydog; 05-30-2023 at 10:55 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Portal opens today, so the names will start trickling in. More of course as more teams end their season.

vCash

vCash
    Lane Forsythe, Bryce Hubbard and Graham Yntema entered the portal.

vCash
    Lane Forsythe, Bryce Hubbard and Graham Yntema entered the portal.
    Trimming fat quick. I like it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Trimming fat quick. I like it
    Foreskin should have been Circumcised off the team a long time ago.

vCash
    Wichita State infielder Brock Rodden entered the portal.

.371/17 HR/64 RBIs this year. Expected to sign after draft.

vCash
    RHP Jace Miner
    https://twitter.com/jace_miner/statu...97720532713481
    Definitely worth looking at

vCash
    There is going to be more than enough solid players in the portal. We just have to get the right PC and land some of these guys. I think with the urgency that is required for next season, we get a few impact guys.