Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitching Coach Candidates

vCash
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-07-2023 at 08:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not bad. Needs fire coming out of the exhaust.

vCash
    Hold up

vCash

vCash
    Perfection

vCash
    And, this thing literally comes with bucket seats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I’ve been told that there are issues with the head coach being a micro manager and not doing a great job of it, which is why Walton has clashed with him and looking to leave.

Without looking, i wonder if the head coach’s back ground is as a pitching coach.

I’ve also been told Walton is highly thought of in the baseball community. We heard that about Foxhall though. I do think Foxhall changed theory when he got here and it hurt him.
    Walton may be a great guy and "highly thought of", but at the end kf the day I care about the results. "We would have great staffs but the HC screws it up" may be true, but 9/10 times excuses like that are BS. Give me good on field results or get goin as far as I'm concerned

vCash
    If Lemonis and Selmon want to hitch their wagon to another problem that leads to even more bad results, it just shows, Leadership at MSU is not what it needs to be. I?ll wait and see if this is the guy, but even if he isn?t, the guy needs to have a solid resume, not from 10 years ago, but including most recent performance. It?s kinda of similar to Lemonis resume. It wasn?t that great when State hired him, he improved it with 2019 and 2021 success, but crashed it with his last two seasons. Every corporation writes in separation pay clauses in contracts but only AFTER writing in Performance Clauses. College Athletics should be no different. There are rules and regulations that support the Enployee more than the Employer. So the Employer must write contracts with Performance review clauses that leave them protected if they need to fire an under-performing coach. College Athletics has made a mess of this and is probably one of the worst examples of how to run a business.

vCash
    Now we are talking!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Walton may be a great guy and "highly thought of", but at the end kf the day I care about the results. "We would have great staffs but the HC screws it up" may be true, but 9/10 times excuses like that are BS. Give me good on field results or get goin as far as I'm concerned
    When the HC is going behind the pitching coaches back and they have words over it, it's a problem. I'm not sold Walton is some guru like some people say, but he's solid. Now, this talk of us dragging this thing out now, that's more concerning. We have a coach that's been on vacation, guys that had been waiting to go to summer ball leaving, and a delayed coach search. It's what State fans have become accustomed to and we're hopeful we hired an AD that fixed some of this, but that's not the case. My hope is it's someone still in the supers and this is all working out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Post of the day...........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Y'all are killin' me!! LOL!! This is HOF stuff!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Restaurant quality right there.

vCash
    I wonder if Gannett Corp (Clarion Ledger) messed up Lemonis' plans.

If you query "Rob Walton" and then click "news" in google. You have the article about "1,000 Calls" about the job. Then it mentions Rob Walmart and the Bama coach by name.

Seems that Lemonis does not know that Gannet/Clarion Ledger are activists in creating problems for MSU. Why even talk to these snakes?

I would have said, "I have to focus on my players, competing in each game, and making the post-season. I have no other details and I do not have a short list, the best coaches I know are all focused on the post-season too."

Or you say something completely crazy, "I am going to see if Justin Verlander and Kate Upton want to move to Starkville. We have room for 3 buckets in the dugout." That would create buzz and laughs.

vCash
    When the HC is going behind the pitching coaches back and they have words over it, it's a problem. I'm not sold Walton is some guru like some people say, but he's solid. Now, this talk of us dragging this thing out now, that's more concerning. We have a coach that's been on vacation, guys that had been waiting to go to summer ball leaving, and a delayed coach search. It's what State fans have become accustomed to and we're hopeful we hired an AD that fixed some of this, but that's not the case. My hope is it's someone still in the supers and this is all working out.
    This is the deal, if your PC candidate made the Supers, then he might be getting a Head Coach job. Then you have no PC. If Bama beats Wake, then forget Jackson coming to town, if that is the candidate. If Bama even makes the Wake series competitive, then Jackson will be the Bama Head Coach. The only school in America that would by-pass a coach that beats a National Seed on the Road in a brilliant Super, Makes Omaha, and finishes Top-4 and then hires a Nobody Coach... that would be John Cohen and Mississippi State.

Also, there is an LSU PC job opening these days.

If you are the best PC in America, do you join forces with the ascendant Jay Johnson or the dead-man-walking Chris Lemonis?

Lemonis is on Vacation? How does an MSU coach make vacation plans for early June when he is supposed to be hosting a Super at the Dude at that time? Really?

vCash
    This is top shelf work right here. If it has a personalized license plate that said "spoiled", it would be one of the greatest things I have seen.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Coach went on vacation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    This is the deal, if your PC candidate made the Supers, then he might be getting a Head Coach job. Then you have no PC. If Bama beats Wake, then forget Jackson coming to town, if that is the candidate. If Bama even makes the Wake series competitive, then Jackson will be the Bama Head Coach. The only school in America that would by-pass a coach that beats a National Seed on the Road in a brilliant Super, Makes Omaha, and finishes Top-4 and then hires a Nobody Coach... that would be John Cohen and Mississippi State.

Also, there is an LSU PC job opening these days.

If you are the best PC in America, do you join forces with the ascendant Jay Johnson or the dead-man-walking Chris Lemonis?

Lemonis is on Vacation? How does an MSU coach make vacation plans for early June when he is supposed to be hosting a Super at the Dude at that time? Really?
    I get it, LSU is a better job then us right now. But on the vacation, it's not like the guy had a planned vacation. The guy worked 15 hour days for a week straight and then was asked/told to go down to 30A and relax and play golf for a few days during a dead period. He was back by the end of last week. Also, there were multiple conversations last week with reps of a guy who could change our team.

The guy may never win another game, but just trying to clear the record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Coach went on vacation?
    In about mid February or so

vCash
    Post of the year nominee