Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Pitching Coach Candidates

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    LOL Todd YOU are the one saying we can't hire a great coach! You've been saying over and over and over again if we fired Lemo we couldn't get anyone, but if we let him F up the program another year we will and that's why we should keep him.

You know youve been saying this, and you just keep contradicting yourself and backtracking.

And how dare you say we "haven't given Lemonis a chance to make changes"? He's in his 5TH YEAR, this is his team and his coaches. And he's missed Hoover twice now; this season WAS his chance to make changes and he failed to do so. No HC goes "I will not coach at a place that expects me to field a solid team in year 4 and 5, I need more time!" Every HC believes in themselves to have us rolling by then. They want assurances of 3-4 years to get going, not 6.
    I'm saying we may not be able to get the best possible coach we can. Isn't that what you want? Or are you just blindly hell bent on firing Lemonis? Yes we could have still gotten a good coach. But it would have been a bit riskier and the pool would have been smaller.

How dare I say that? LOL. Foxhall was fine in years 1-2. He wasn't fine in years 3-4. This isn't Croom. Lemonis gave Foxhall another chance because of his track record and it burned him. Now he has made the change. We'll see who the new pitching coach is. Firing a coach who likely just needs a new pitching coach is the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

vCash
    Lemo is just as sketchy evaluating a position guy as Fox is doing the same for a pitcher. The only way he succeeds is if the place simply starts to recruit itself.

vCash
    Hearing that Walton could stay at OK State and is a candidate for the Memphis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    Hearing that Walton could stay at OK State and is a candidate for the Memphis.
    By hearing, you mean you read Steve's update on Gene's Page?

If so, I've "heard" that too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    By hearing, you mean you read Steve's update on Gene's Page?

If so, I've "heard" that too.
    Somebody else told me that but either way it doesn?t look good. I was on board with cutting ties with Lemonis.

vCash
    Looks like the current sphere of candidate rumors includes:

- Rob Walmart from Ok State, brutal pitching performance in the regional. 10 years in a mediocre program in OKSU, but maybe I just can't see past the meh numbers?
    - Rob Childress from Nebraska, he was the HC at Texas A&M before Schossnagle. He always seemed to have some talented aces at TAM.
    - Justin Parker from South Carolina, upper third of the SEC performance for his staff. He is actually new to the SEC, he came from Indiana 3 years ago.
    - Nate Yeskie of Texas A&M? For real?

Some other rumors in this string about a Oral Roberts coach. I think the Bama coach gets the Bama job, so that's that.

Just a question, Scott Berry was a PC before being the HC at USM. These USM coaches seem to be excellent scouters of talent. Yeah, he is retiring from a job that paid $100K less than Scott Foxhall. If Frank Anderson is the perfect collegiate PC, seems that being a HC in the past is a plus credential.

vCash
    Just a tough selling job getting a PC, I want be surprised if any rumored will take the job now. We got a mess ahead I think.

vCash
    Yeah seems like Lemonis? hot seat is scaring off candidates. I could be wrong but next year just screams lame duck coach getting fired mid season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Looks like the current sphere of candidate rumors includes:

- Rob Walmart from Ok State, brutal pitching performance in the regional. 10 years in a mediocre program in OKSU, but maybe I just can't see past the meh numbers?
    - Rob Childress from Nebraska, he was the HC at Texas A&M before Schossnagle. He always seemed to have some talented aces at TAM.
    - Justin Parker from South Carolina, upper third of the SEC performance for his staff. He is actually new to the SEC, he came from Indiana 3 years ago.
    - Nate Yeskie of Texas A&M? For real?

Some other rumors in this string about a Oral Roberts coach. I think the Bama coach gets the Bama job, so that's that.

Just a question, Scott Berry was a PC before being the HC at USM. These USM coaches seem to be excellent scouters of talent. Yeah, he is retiring from a job that paid $100K less than Scott Foxhall. If Frank Anderson is the perfect collegiate PC, seems that being a HC in the past is a plus credential.
    Childress took the Nebraska job.

We'll know more about Parker this week but most people don't think he'll take it.

I would say Walton is the most likely choice.

I'm not sure that Byrne will hire Jackson. I don't think he will knowing him. They're rumored to be interested in Maryland's coach.

vCash
    sounds as if Lemo is gonna go ahead and Lemo us to death

vCash
    Todd I'd love for you to give me 1 name of a HC we could get by giving Lemo a 6th year (and firing him after 3 straight bad ones) that we couldn't get by giving him a 5th year (and firing him after 2 straight bad seasons)

It is pure speculation on your part to say our "pool will be bigger".

And for the millionth time, quit with statements like "a coach who likely just needs a new pitching coach". We are DEAD LAST in defense. We have been 10th in scoring these past 2 seasons. Theres obviously no leadership on the team. It is NOT JUST A PITCHING PROBLEM, but no matter how many times this gets brought up you keep cycling back to acting like pitching is all we need to fix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Yeah seems like Lemonis? hot seat is scaring off candidates. I could be wrong but next year just screams lame duck coach getting fired mid season.
    We are going to end up getting a PC just as desperate as we are

vCash
    I think it's clear the boosters and AD have thrown in the towel for next year to reduce the buyout. I can live with 1 a singular bad baseball season, but keeping Lemo also puts our program into a deeper hole and hurts recruiting which will be felt by the next guy.

Anybody know how much Lemo and staffs buyout decreases next year?

vCash
    We saw this coming. Going to be awhile to get it right again it seems. Such a shame that we are in this position. Especially because we inflicted this upon ourselves by choosing to procrastinate some decisions and run completely from others.

vCash
    Lemonis is radioactive. Nobody with sense wants to walk into this. Lemonhead should have been fired after year two of total meltdown after a Natty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Lemonis is radioactive. Nobody with sense wants to walk into this. Lemonhead should have been fired after year two of total meltdown after a Natty.
    What outcome will prove this hypothesis? Just asking

(1) he is currently keeping his players except the problems. It's not a Wichita situation
    (2) the recruiting class has not collapsed, that I am aware of

So the big tests remaining are:

(1) the portal work
    (2) the PC hire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    What outcome will prove this hypothesis? Just asking

(1) he is currently keeping his players except the problems. It's not a Wichita situation
    (2) the recruiting class has not collapsed, that I am aware of

So the big tests remaining are:

(1) the portal work
    (2) the PC hire
    Walton was on campus with Lemo last Thursday, riding around campus in a golf cart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Him firing fox made him radioactive in coaching circles I?m sure

That screams desperation

It got him a year and delays repair for another year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Walton was on campus with Lemo last Thursday, riding around campus in a golf cart.
    Need Bert Stair to go to Oklahoma and see if his house is for sale

vCash
    I think it's best to give it a couple days. Things will be clearer later this week.
    HaHa
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-12-2023 at 10:49 AM.