vCash
    So really no one knows anything

It?ll be x unless something happens

Then it?s not them - something must?ve happened

Always a cya so you (plural) can be right either way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Umm it?s not under 5 big guy - it?s actually 5.25
    Which IF we want to compare the raw ERAs across conferences to the SEC 5.25 would be 9th in the SEC. So if you think the 9th best pitching staff in the SEC is the best we can do, it's a good hire.

And 9th might be the best we can do next year because our staff is a mess, but he's 9th with 100% his own recruits so would he really be 9th with our crapshow? And are we really happy with 9th as our long term expectation?
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 05-25-2023 at 02:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    Well, it?s too bad that Muscara has told us No. It?s going to be Walton barring any shenanigans .
    Yep, that's in line with the update I've received. Muscara said no thanks. Rob Walton is on deck.

vCash
    Mike Bobo
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Umm it?s not under 5 big guy - it?s actually 5.25
    This is his worst staff in several years but they?re still near the top of the Big 12 in K?s and Walk/Strikeout ratio.

vCash
    We are never going to get what we think we deserve till we move on. No big time PC is coming to work with Lemonis. I just think we have wasted 2024. I would love to be wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    This is his worst staff in several years but they?re still near the top of the Big 12 in K?s and Walk/Strikeout ratio.
    Lol again, why would icare about Ks and walks except as they relate to allowing runs? The guys staffs are mediocre at what matters. That's what I care about.

Say we had a hitter that hit .200 and had an obp of .250, but he had the fastest swing on the team and one hit had a 119mph exit velo. Do you keep him in the lineup? No! Because he's hitting. 200 and can't get on base! Swinging hard is part of getting hits, but actually getting hits/on base is what we want.

vCash
    Can Walton recruit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    So he poorly recruited and developed this staff ?wouldn?t expect anything less

Btw xbh given up - 165 to state?s 173

vCash
    Hmm. Yeah? this doesn?t scream excitement. We will improve I think because? how can we not? But I wish this would be better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Can Walton recruit?
    Yes how has that team recruited compared to the rest of the big 12? If pitching is top 4? And they are towards the back then he's doing more with less and might could do good here. On the other hand...

vCash
    Lord some of y’all just like to be miserable…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Yes how has that team recruited compared to the rest of the big 12? If pitching is top 4? And they are towards the back then he's doing more with less and might could do good here. On the other hand...
    OSU Recruiting conference (national)

2020 - 3rd (19th)
    2021 -3rd (23rd)
    2022- 5th (28th)
    2023-6th (60th)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Lord some of y?all just like to be miserable?
    I really don't. Believe it or not, I was quite happy when we won a Natty and I was quite happy to see that Jan's and Purcell seem like good coaches. Leaches first game where we threw for 623 yards was fun as hell.

But I call a spade a spade. Lemonis is not good at his job, and Walton is not an elite pitching coach. If we all agree on those points I'll be quiet. If someone can out argue me and convince me they're great ill be much happier. So far all I'm hearing to counter me on both fronts is uh... lackluster at best. I hope I'm wrong. I hope Todd4State and C34 bring up these threads to me next June to call me an idiot because that means we turned it around. Bit ill call a spade a spade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I really don't. Believe it or not, I was quite happy when we won a Natty and I was quite happy to see that Jan's and Purcell seem like good coaches. Leaches first game where we threw for 623 yards was fun as hell.

But I call a spade a spade. Lemonis is not good at his job, and Walton is not an elite pitching coach. If we all agree on those points I'll be quiet. If someone can out argue me and convince me they're great I?ll be much happier. So far all I'm hearing to counter me on both fronts is uh... lackluster at best. I hope I'm wrong. I hope Todd4State and C34 bring up these threads to me next June to call me an idiot because that means we turned it around. Bit I?ll call a spade a spade
    haha who did you think Lemonis would get as a PC? Lemonis is on the hot seat and will get fired if he fails to make the NCAAT. Lemonis is about to get a P5 pitching coach at a good program. I really thought Lemonis was going to have to hit a G5 PC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    haha who did you think Lemonis would get as a PC? Lemonis is on the hot seat and will get fired if he fails to make the NCAAT. Lemonis is about to get a P5 pitching coach at a good program. I really thought Lemonis was going to have to hit a G5 PC.
    Agreed we should have fired Lemonis. I've been VERY vocal on it. HOWEVER, the people who wanted to keep him based a lot of their logic on how much better an "elite" PC would make us. Well, if hire this guy that argument for Lemonis is gone too.

But I agree we were never going to get an elite coach. "Come to our shitshow where the HC is on the hottest seat in the country, but at least you'll get paid 200k more here for that 1 season before you're fired!" Isn't a good recruiting pitch. The 90% of us who wanted Lemo fired already knew this. But that 10% sure do like their optimistic hypothetical and only enough I don't see them in this thread hyping up the new PC...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Lord some of y’all just like to be miserable…
    Lemonis and crew have made being miserable pretty easy by going consecutive years not only missing the NCAA tournament but the SEC tournament as well. You know how bad you have to be to miss the SEC tournament in back to back years?

vCash
    I hope this Walmart Coach works out but ... something tells me the clown car is going off the cliff for good next May.

vCash
    Here is the good thing about being MSU in baseball. Let?s say Lemonis doesn?t improve enough next year, and he gets canned. You hire the right dude who can come in and recruit the portal, and in one season you can be back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Not listed by choice or likelihood

• Ostrander -USM
    • Mascara- Wake Forest (the Hot Name)
    • Kyle Bunn - Houston (the roommate)
    • Micha Posey - Dallas Baptist
    • Roger Williams - Louisville (long term UL coach)
    • Jerry Oakes - Elon
    • Jason Jackson - Alabama
    • Austin Knight - East Carolina (former Ole Miss player)
    • Sean Snedeker - Lamar

I would happy to welcome the Bama coach as a proven SEC coach and succeeding in performance and recruiting. Ostrander is the leading USM HC candidate. Mascara is now widely acknowledged as the developer of WFs pitching success, so he would be on many Schools HC radar.
    There's nine (9) names on this list; I doubt any of them would be included on the "list of 1,000 phone calls" that Lem supposedly received about the PC job. In any event, I would guess that 995 were from HS/JC coaches throughout the Southeast USA. Supposedly the PC's at Fordyce, AR and Toomsuba, AL are very good. Go Bugs go!!