Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitching Coach Candidates

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    It's already a done deal on pitching Coach. As soon as season is over it will be announced. Pretty good reason he is leaving for Msu, can't blame him either.

Btw, sometimes an assistant coach is dealt with what the HC can do as far as recruiting players. Some assistants can only work with so much and promises being broken.
    Is it Matt Hobbs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    Is it Matt Hobbs?
    Interesting first post. Don't worry MSU is not taking your PC. But who ever it is, they are not a last place team and are still playing in the post season.

WPS sent you?

vCash
    Why do we have Arkansas trolls?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He showed me way more signs of figuring it out than Foxhall did.
    2022: #10 in scoring, #1 in defense, 14th overall in conference play.

2023: #10 in scoring, #14 in defense, 13th overall in conference play.

So much "figuring it out" on the non-pitchi g side of things it's hard to handle

vCash
    Bump.....Any new info?

vCash
    We will find out soon if it?s really OK State pitching coach. OK State is on the verge of ending their season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    We will find out soon if it?s really OK State pitching coach. OK State is on the verge of ending their season.
    They've given up 20 runs in 6 1/3 IP so far.

I hate to take anything from a small sample size, but geeze man... with his 5th out of 9 average staff ERA this shitshow being the best arms OSU has feels like the cherry on top of a crap hire sandwich.
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 06-03-2023 at 07:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    They've given up 20 runs in 20 1/3 IP so far.

I hate to take anything from a small sample size, but geeze man... with his 5th out of 9 average staff ERA this shitshow being the best arms OSU has feels like the cherry on top of a crap hire sandwich.
    OSU looks like garbage today. Like you said, small insignificant sample.

It's just a home regional with the season on the line, so it's probably not something that really motivated them to provide a best effort ***

vCash
    OSU coach will fit in nicely
    6 hr given up and 3 2B with 6Bb

vCash
    Well to fair, Walton is more like Mullen. Once he found out he had another job waiting, he checked out in his team. He probably told his pitching staff he was leaving for State at season?s end and they wanted to help him pack!🤣🤣🤣

vCash
    Clemson Vs Tennessee is a great ballgame

Super Regional quality with 1st rounders banging heads

vCash
    Let’s be honest, IF Walton indeed has been offered, it’s a little concerning after those two loses this weekend. At first I thought he may be ok, I looked up his resume and he has had success. I hope I’m wrong and the ones who think Lemonis staying is good, feed the sheep!

Maybe it will be a surprise who we get.

vCash
    Lord some of y’all need to find another hobby. Y’all have already made your minds up that a guy who hasn’t even stepped foot on campus, or better yet, accepted the job, already is going to suck. So of y’all need to take a step back and relax. Look at it this way. If he sucks, you all will get your wish and Lemonis will be fired next year and you all can hire Joe Torre or whoever the hell y’all are gushing over by then..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Lord some of y?all need to find another hobby. Y?all have already made your minds up that a guy who hasn?t even stepped foot on campus, or better yet, accepted the job, already is going to suck. So of y?all need to take a step back and relax. Look at it this way. If he sucks, you all will get your wish and Lemonis will be fired next year and you all can hire Joe Torre or whoever the hell y?all are gushing over by then..
    Every fan base does this. Every. No big deal people being concerned.

vCash
    Lord some of y?all need to find another hobby. Y?all have already made your minds up that a guy who hasn?t even stepped foot on campus, or better yet, accepted the job, already is going to suck. So of y?all need to take a step back and relax. Look at it this way. If he sucks, you all will get your wish and Lemonis will be fired next year and you all can hire Joe Torre or whoever the hell y?all are gushing over by then..
    Ahem. We've been State fans all our lives. We are professionals at this.

vCash
    Lord some of y’all need to find another hobby. Y’all have already made your minds up that a guy who hasn’t even stepped foot on campus, or better yet, accepted the job, already is going to suck. So of y’all need to take a step back and relax. Look at it this way. If he sucks, you all will get your wish and Lemonis will be fired next year and you all can hire Joe Torre or whoever the hell y’all are gushing over by then..
    Sorry we CARE about State baseball and want it to succeed. And WTF is this "we can't judge a giy if he's not been on campus" logic? We're judging him based on his actual resume of being a P5 Pitching coach for over a decade. What do you want us to use instead?

And nobody wants State to fail so we can "win". I hope Todd4State and C34 are rubbing my takes in my face late June of next year because that means we've had success.

But, I do not believe the guy who crashed the bus in the first place should continue driving it. I don't think Lemonis knows what he's doing and I fear we're not only wasting next season by keeping him, but are digging our program into a hole more and more.

I don't freak out about say, Virginia Techs's pitching coach hire, because I don't give a F if it works out for them or not. Would you rather we quit caring? Because as long as we care, we WILL look up the resume of the new pitching coach and discuss it. WTF do you think message boards are for?

vCash
    I’m not freaking out, but those last two games were really really bad. Walton as I’ve stated has had success, I hope whoever we get has success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Sorry we CARE about State baseball and want it to succeed. And WTF is this "we can't judge a giy if he's not been on campus" logic? We're judging him based on his actual resume of being a P5 Pitching coach for over a decade. What do you want us to use instead?

And nobody wants State to fail so we can "win". I hope Todd4State and C34 are rubbing my takes in my face late June of next year because that means we've had success.

But, I do not believe the guy who crashed the bus in the first place should continue driving it. I don't think Lemonis knows what he's doing and I fear we're not only wasting next season by keeping him, but are digging our program into a hole more and more.

I don't freak out about say, Virginia Techs's pitching coach hire, because I don't give a F if it works out for them or not. Would you rather we quit caring? Because as long as we care, we WILL look up the resume of the new pitching coach and discuss it. WTF do you think message boards are for?

No shit, right!

If y’all aren’t concerned about a resume I’ll take the HC job for $1mill a year and then y’all can evaluate me when I’m on campus. I’ll give a low buyout, something like payoff my house and another $2mill. I’m outta y’all’s hair if I’m a problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Clemson Vs Tennessee is a great ballgame

Super Regional quality with 1st rounders banging heads
    It's been a very entertaining game!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I?m not freaking out, but those last two games were really really bad. Walton as I?ve stated has had success, I hope whoever we get has success.
    Walton doesn't have any more success than Fox had when we hired him. I hope this is not the direction we are going