Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitching Coach Candidates

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Yep, that's in line with the update I've received. Muscara said no thanks. Rob Walton is on deck.
    Phew. Now we know Walton isn't a candidate. I was worried there for a bit.

vCash
    🤣🤣

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    There's nine (9) names on this list; I doubt any of them would be included on the "list of 1,000 phone calls" that Lem supposedly received about the PC job. In any event, I would guess that 995 were from HS/JC coaches throughout the Southeast USA. Supposedly the PC's at Fordyce, AR and Toomsuba, AL are very good. Go Bugs go!!
    Toomsuba is in Mississippi, just outside of Meridian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I mean Walton will definitely be an improvement over Fox don't get me wrong... he just seems so... mediocre. Which in the SEC, a mediocre P5 coach is a below average SEC coach cause the teams here invest in baseball and attract the best coaches.

If Walton is 5th out of 9 total in the big 12, he'll probably be 10th out of 16 total in the SEC (Texas and OU joining soon)
    Lemon doesn't want a PC who is too good. Might make it easier for Zach to make lemonade!

vCash
    Wasn?t Foxhall a hot shot PC we stole from NC State? I thought he was one of the best back when Lemonis brought him over. I am old enough to remember He won Assistant of the year way back in 2021.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Wasn?t Foxhall a hot shot PC we stole from NC State? I thought he was one of the best back when Lemonis brought him over. I am old enough to remember He won Assistant of the year way back in 2021.
    Taking a guess, but I think Foxhall changed philosophy too much and got caught up with the high spin/up in the zone methodology. If what some say is true, he had kids trying to do things that they weren’t suited for.

At the same time, he didn’t have J.T. Ginn throwing up in the zone with spin even though it may have helped his arm health. Who knows what the whole truth is.

vCash
    Yeah. I remember most folks on here being excited about the hire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Taking a guess, but I think Foxhall changed philosophy too much and got caught up with the high spin/up in the zone methodology. If what some say is true, he had kids trying to do things that they weren’t suited for.

At the same time, he didn’t have J.T. Ginn throwing up in the zone with spin even though it may have helped his arm health. Who knows what the whole truth is.
    Ahhh. So HE and Lemonis recruited players to one philosophy and thought they could get them to work with their (new) philosophy. OR, they recruited TO their philosophy and did a sucky job of putting it into action. Either way, they both sucked and only one lost his job because of the suckage.

vCash
    Foxhall has never been great. He just happened to be good friends with our head coach. He was strictly a metrics guy who went with the top of the zone, never pitch to contact, nibbling ass philosophy. We struck out a lot of hitters & gave up a lot of bombs. I do think the juiced ball has hurt all of college pitching. So has the bullshit K zone and pitch clock. But Foxy was a cluster 17. He stopped teaching and just had guys throwing it. His recruiting was a steaming pile of shit. Too many hard throwing projects and not enough elite pitchers. There's no way we can get enough pitching in one year to fix this it's so bad. Got to hope the new guy can get some juice out of some of our current guys.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-26-2023 at 11:23 AM.

vCash
    We need to be on the phone pronto with any and every transfer like this

https://twitter.com/KendallRogers/st...C-7cTohZEuAAAA

vCash
    Again - Frank Anderson at Tennessee is making $360k. He was a head coach at Houston and at Ok state where he took both to postseason regularly. Top 20 pitching staff nationally the last 5 years. If I'm lemonis, I throw the bank at him and flip Vitello the bird.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Again - Frank Anderson at Tennessee is making $360k. He was a head coach at Houston and at Ok state where he took both to postseason regularly. Top 20 pitching staff nationally the last 5 years. If I'm lemonis, I throw the bank at him and flip Vitello the bird.
    It's already a done deal on pitching Coach. As soon as season is over it will be announced. Pretty good reason he is leaving for Msu, can't blame him either.

Btw, sometimes an assistant coach is dealt with what the HC can do as far as recruiting players. Some assistants can only work with so much and promises being broken.
    Last edited by basedog; 05-26-2023 at 12:37 PM.

vCash
    If fox had a staff of Bednar and sims and Cade he'd be fine. And we all agree he sucks.
    So, recruit recruit recruit.

vCash
    Don't be surprised if we pick up a couple recruits when Walton makes the move.

vCash
    Foxhall wasn't his first choice. That was Nate Yeskie. Foxhall wasn't a bad pick up at the time based on his track record.

I think he lost his way while he was here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Foxhall wasn't his first choice. That was Nate Yeskie. Foxhall wasn't a bad pick up at the time based on his track record.

I think he lost his way while he was here.
    Apparently Lemonis lost his way as well. But, alas, he is still here. Sigh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    and Frank Anderson wouldnt leave Tenn for 500K in Sville.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    It's already a done deal on pitching Coach. As soon as season is over it will be announced. Pretty good reason he is leaving for Msu, can't blame him either.

Btw, sometimes an assistant coach is dealt with what the HC can do as far as recruiting players. Some assistants can only work with so much and promises being broken.
    Is it Matt Hobbs the Arkansas pitching coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post

Do you like the hire? And does Cade?

vCash
    Apparently Lemonis lost his way as well. But, alas, he is still here. Sigh
    We'll find out next year. He showed me way more signs of figuring it out than Foxhall did.