It shouldn?t take too much to achieve that. Last year was really bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    It shouldn?t take too much to achieve that. Last year was really bad
    agree completely
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    LSU has a running QB and the Dawgs can't catch a running QB. Proved that all last year.
    Our speed on defense will be our #1 improvement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    LSU is not out of our league. We had them on the ropes last year on the road. They barely beat a really bad Auburn and Florida team and got their asses kicked by a horrible A&M team, along with losing to Tennessee by almost 30 points. They will be favored to beat us but that?s going to be a really good football game that could go either way, as it has been for a decade now.
    Agree LSU at DWS is not a game we can't win. The helmet worship is nauseating. Leach said so too. I big time competitor doesn't look at any game that way either. I don't think CZA is chalking up a loss either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree LSU at DWS is not a game we can't win. The helmet worship is nauseating. Leach said so too. I big time competitor doesn't look at any game that way either. I don't think CZA is chalking up a loss either.
    Probably ends up a heart-breaking loss ala 2015

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We will be better offensively in 2023 than we were in 2022
    No we won't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    No we won't
    We absolutely will. We averaged about 32 ppg last year and we'll be around 35 this year if not higher.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    We absolutely will. We averaged about 32 ppg last year and we'll be around 35 this year if not higher.
    K

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I seem to remember this crowd talking about how Moorhead was going to revolutionize the offense too.

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    I seem to remember this crowd talking about how Moorhead was going to revolutionize the offense too.
    You know the optimism that shows up around here with a new coach...and i'm on team Arnett. I think he can do a great job. But some of this offensive optimism is something I hope a lot of yall are right about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    You know the optimism that shows up around here with a new coach...and i'm on team Arnett. I think he can do a great job. But some of this offensive optimism is something I hope a lot of yall are right about.
    I hope so too, but changing a complete offensive scheme with 4 years of players not brought here to run the ball 35 times a game makes me have doubts.

vCash
    No we won't
    Why not? We have a veteran offense with a vet QB. We'll be more balanced which will certainly help and keep DC's guessing.

vCash
    Why not? We have a veteran offense with a vet QB. We'll be more balanced which will certainly help and keep DC's guessing.
    They were guessing last year. Which 5 yard hitch do we cover guys. 😂😂😂😂

vCash
    QB running a complete new system, OL that has never been relied upon to run block, and a first time inexperienced head coach. Defense will keep us in games but we wont win because we wont score. Fitz was awesome in Jomo's RPO first year amiright?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    You weren't fired up by the 17 point explosion in the spring game?**

vCash
    QB running a complete new system, OL that has never been relied upon to run block, and a first time inexperienced head coach. Defense will keep us in games but we wont win because we wont score. Fitz was awesome in Jomo's RPO first year amiright?
    He was when we ran the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You weren't fired up by the 17 point explosion in the spring game?**
    And if the O had scored 40 then chicken little sky falling on D. You can't judge anything on spring game unless it is scoreless ala Croom.

We were vanilla in spring but showed some different run looks. They showed they know who our playmakers are and they are going to get the ball.

Also the new RBs looked good. OL looked better than expected.

But a lot of guys were out too so who knows.

I'm looking for a big year myself even with a first year HC but team full of seniors and talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    And if the O had scored 40 then chicken little sky falling on D. You can't judge anything on spring game unless it is scoreless ala Croom.

We were vanilla in spring but showed some different run looks. They showed they know who our playmakers are and they are going to get the ball.

Also the new RBs looked good. OL looked better than expected.

But a lot of guys were out too so who knows.

I'm looking for a big year myself even with a first year HC but team full of seniors and talent.
    Bingo.

Spring games are for the coaches, not the fans. That offense and defense were so vanilla you could have called one Breyers and the other Blue Bell.

We are actually going to have a ground game this season. I know it totally scares the piss out of some people that we may be actually good at running the ball, but it takes a load off the QB's shoulders.

And I really do not understand this unwarranted fear, or assumption, that somehow the OL are a bunch of morons that can't pick up fundamental run/block schemes. Getting these guys to learn Leach's OL for the Air Raid was tougher.

vCash
    How about our 1st year in Mullen's system? Wasnt he a 1st time HC as well?