Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Because it is now time for Football

vCash

Because it is now time for Football

9 players made preseason All-SEC by Athlon Sports. 9. Means no excuses.

vCash
    As I said- this should be an 8-9 win team this Fall
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    6-6 is the floor, 8-4 the ceiling and 7-5 most likely. If Mike was coming back I'd be more in the 9-win range.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    6-6 is the floor, 8-4 the ceiling and 7-5 most likely. If Mike was coming back I'd be more in the 9-win range.
    Mike not returning improves this team by 1 win
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Schedule really sets up nice. South carolina got hot late but started slow and I expect the same this year. A lot of big games at home could be a special year.

9 should be the expectation

Southeastern Louisiana (H) - W
    Arizona(H) - W
    LSU (H) - Toss
    South Carolina (away) - W
    Alabama (H) - L until we beat them
    Western Michigan (H) - W
    Arkansas (A) - Toss Id say a win but toss since its away
    Auburn (A) - W
    Kentucky (H) -W
    Texas A&M (A) - W until Jumbo leaves
    Southern Miss (H) - W
    Ole Piss (H) - W

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSwamp View Post

Arizona(H) - W
    LSU (H) - Toss
    Western Michigan (H) - W
    Auburn (A) - W
    Kentucky (H) -W
    Southern Miss (H) - W
    Ole Piss (H) - W
    How Naive...

We will be playing Ole Miss with a 5-6 record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    How Naive...

We will be playing Ole Miss with a 5-6 record.
    Ok show me where i am wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSwamp View Post
    Schedule really sets up nice. South carolina got hot late but started slow and I expect the same this year. A lot of big games at home could be a special year.

Arizona(H) - W
    LSU (H) - Toss
    Western Michigan (H) - W
    Auburn (A) - W
    Kentucky (H) -W
    Southern Miss (H) - W
    Ole Piss (H) - W
    You realize we're asking Will and the OL and the WRs to do things they have never done? the OL was trained to pass block, WRs to run to space vs a zone, Will to throw to grass. Hell, we didn't have a TE on the roster 6 months ago. We have all new coaches working together for the first time.

Defense should be good from the start. Special teams should be fine. Team culture I expect to be good. But the offense will have growing pains. LSU and USC are losses unless the offense is much better than it has any right to be in games 3 and 4. Hell, its entirely possible the offense is a train wreck vs Arizona. I still have that as W but crazier things have happened than such a new offense not working at all in game 2 vs a P5 team.

I got us 7-5. Those last 5 SEC games are not wins, they are tossups that lean us. We will loose 2 of them.

vCash
    Arizona(H) - W
    LSU (H) - L
    South Carolina (away) - Thinking this is a straight up win is silly. We have never played well there and they drummed Tennessee and beat Clemson last year at home. L
    Alabama (H) - L
    Western Michigan (H) - W
    Arkansas (A) - Agree on the toss. Tough place to play but Pittman is floundering. He's either gonna sink or swim this year. KJ being back won't be a picnic. 50/50
    Auburn (A) - They will without a doubt be better under Freeze and it will happen fast. L
    Kentucky (H) -Most pivotal game of the season. Have to win this one at home. W
    Texas A&M (A) - We have owned them as of late, and it won't last forever. They have players. L
    Southern Miss (H) - W
    Ole Piss (H) - Playing the rival at home to go to a bowl. 50/50

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    You realize we're asking Will and the OL and the WRs to do things they have never done? the OL was trained to pass block, WRs to run to space vs a zone, Will to throw to grass. Hell, we didn't have a TE on the roster 6 months ago. We have all new coaches working together for the first time.

Defense should be good from the start. Special teams should be fine. Team culture I expect to be good. But the offense will have growing pains. LSU and USC are losses unless the offense is much better than it has any right to be in games 3 and 4. Hell, its entirely possible the offense is a train wreck vs Arizona. I still have that as W but crazier things have happened than such a new offense not working at all in game 2 vs a P5 team.

I got us 7-5. Those last 5 SEC games are not wins, they are tossups that lean us. We will loose 2 of them.
    Much better take.

vCash
    Having your hardest two games at home (which are near automatic losses) isn't as great as it sounds. I rather play those two on the road and have Ark and the Barn at home.

vCash
    9 players and 10 spots - Tulu was 1st team KR and 4th team WR. I think only Bama, UGa, LSU and USC had more spots filled.

vCash
    Bo Bounds and Matrix Man dumped a bucket of cold water on our season this morning. They think 6-6 is the most likely outcome. Going 8-4 would be HUGE and prove Arnett is going to be a good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    8-4 is not the ceiling

vCash
    Draftkings has us at 6.5 - I would take that over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mike not returning improves this team by 1 win
    This is an absolutely hot take coming from the Lemonizik man

vCash
    If we can run the ball we will win 8-10. If we cannot we will be 6-7. That simple. I would like to say there is no excuses but there is no program in the country that has been thru more than ours and we still have won. They will keep proving you wrong as long as we keep the most important parts of Leach?s program and it?s by far not the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If we can run the ball we will win 8-10. If we cannot we will be 6-7. That simple. I would like to say there is no excuses but there is no program in the country that has been thru more than ours and we still have won. They will keep proving you wrong as long as we keep the most important parts of Leach?s program and it?s by far not the offense.
    Agree, well said.

vCash
    8-4 is the benchmark. LSU at home in week 3 is the early barometer. We win that I can easily see 9-3. Lose it and I can see 6 or 7.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Arizona(H) - W
    LSU (H) - L
    South Carolina (away) - Thinking this is a straight up win is silly. We have never played well there and they drummed Tennessee and beat Clemson last year at home. L
    Alabama (H) - L
    Western Michigan (H) - W
    Arkansas (A) - Agree on the toss. Tough place to play but Pittman is floundering. He's either gonna sink or swim this year. KJ being back won't be a picnic. 50/50
    Auburn (A) - They will without a doubt be better under Freeze and it will happen fast. L
    Texas A&M (A) - We have owned them as of late, and it won't last forever. They have players. L
    Southern Miss (H) - W
    Ole Piss (H) - Playing the rival at home to go to a bowl. 50/50
    Arizona(H) - W
    LSU (H) - L - this is not in BR and so it is a toss. history says I'm right
    South Carolina (away) - I said in original post they got hot at the end after starting slow at worse this is a toss
    Alabama (H) - L
    Western Michigan (H) - W
    Auburn (A) - Agree they will be better but there team is going to put ALOT of emotion into the Ole Piss, Bama and UGA game. Freeze will put 150% into Auburn's rivals and not as much into MSU week. even if Auburn has the better record frequently under Freezus I think we will be no worse than 500 against them while he is there
    Texas A&M (A) - Yes we have owned them as of late so I can't understand why you insists this is a loss. At worse a toss L
    Southern Miss (H) - W
    Ole Piss (H) - Until there coach puts more emphasis on building a team not through the portal they will be gassed by the time they play us I feel very confident this will be a win

You could talk me into a few of my original Ws being tosses, but splitting those should still have us expecting an above average and potentially great year