Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Because it is now time for Football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Ehhh?.

The barometer for me is @ South Carolina the next week

I?m very high on LSU this year, I think they repeat as West division champs.

Our team this year imo is a 8-4 team maybe 9-3 if we can win @ South Carolina

If we beat LSU in week 3 I?m going to buy tickets to the SEC championship game.
    Yeah, I agree on the South Carolina barometer. LSU and Bama are well out of our league. If Arnett can keep us competitive in those games that's a win for us. But, going on the road and beating Beamer would be a nice feather in the cap for a first year head coach. We will have the better defense for sure in that match up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    LSU lost 4 games last year, including one to terrible A&M late in the year. They are nowhere near a guaranteed loss. We should have beaten them last year on the road without our best DL on the field.
    Well, I said "near guaranteed loss". But if you're playing the game of marking "W" "L" or "toss up" on our schedule, they don't fit under "W" or "toss up". That's about an 80% "L". Could we beat them? Sure. But they're the better team, by far. If you had to put a year's salary on the outcome of the game, I think you would have to pick them. They'll be a double digit favorite, I suspect.

ETA: FPI is out. Not that it's that great or anything, but it's a data point.
    Alabama Crimson Tide – FPI: 28.2, Record: 11.1-1.6
    Georgia Bulldogs – FPI: 27.4, Record: 11.7-1.2
    LSU Tigers – FPI: 22.1, Record 9.6-2.6
    Tennessee Volunteers – FPI: 15.2, Record: 8.2-3.9
    Ole Miss Rebels – FPI: 13.4, Record: 7.6-4.4
    Florida Gators – FPI: 12.7, Record: 6.8-5.2
    Texas A&M Aggies – FPI: 12.7, Record: 7.5-4.5
    Kentucky Wildcats – FPI: 9.7, Record: 7.2-4.9
    Arkansas Razorbacks – FPI: 9.0, Record: 6.8-5.2
    Mississippi State Bulldogs – FPI: 7.8, Record: 6.3-5.7
    Auburn Tigers – FPI: 6.9, Record: 5.8-6.2
    Missouri Tigers – FPI: 6.4, Record: 6.0-6.0
    South Carolina Gamecocks – FPI: 5.6, Record: 5.5-6.5
    Vanderbilt Commodores -FPI: -2.8, Record: 4.0-8.0
    Last edited by PMDawg; 05-25-2023 at 12:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Well, I said "near guaranteed loss". But if you're playing the game of marking "W" "L" or "toss up" on our schedule, they don't fit under "W" or "toss up". That's about an 80% "L". Could we beat them? Sure. But they're the better team, by far. If you had to put a year's salary on the outcome of the game, I think you would have to pick them. They'll be a double digit favorite, I suspect.

I still don?t believe there?s a for sure loss on our schedule this year. Mainly because we get bama and lsu at home this year even tho I would say it?s above 90% chance we lose to both of them by double digits.

I wish we could have swapped those 2 home games for 2 home games against South Carolina and auburn

vCash
    I think Texas A&M will be slightly improved and Arkansas will be very similar to last season, if not slightly worse.

Arkansas losing Kendall briles is going to hurt them badly. Also losing Barry odom will hurt badly and they tried to blame the defense all on him last year but Arkansas recruiting the past few years hasn?t been focused on defensive players. Pretty sure they had 3 walk ons playing majority of snaps last season on defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mike not returning improves this team by 1 win
    This team is a 9-10 win with Leach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSwamp View Post
    Schedule really sets up nice. South carolina got hot late but started slow and I expect the same this year. A lot of big games at home could be a special year.

9 should be the expectation

Southeastern Louisiana (H) - W
    Arizona(H) - W
    LSU (H) - Toss
    South Carolina (away) - W
    Alabama (H) - L until we beat them
    Western Michigan (H) - W
    Arkansas (A) - Toss Id say a win but toss since its away
    Auburn (A) - W
    Kentucky (H) -W
    Texas A&M (A) - W until Jumbo leaves
    Southern Miss (H) - W
    Ole Piss (H) - W
    SELA - W
    Zona - W
    LSU - L
    SC - Toss( today , I will call it a win)
    Bama - L
    WM- W
    Arkansas - Toss ( I have no clue)
    Auburn - W
    Kentucky - W
    Texas A&M - Toss ( I?m calling a win. We have their number)
    Southern Miss -Win
    Ole Miss - Toss ( I?m calling a win)

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yeah, I agree on the South Carolina barometer. LSU and Bama are well out of our league. If Arnett can keep us competitive in those games that's a win for us. But, going on the road and beating Beamer would be a nice feather in the cap for a first year head coach. We will have the better defense for sure in that match up.
    LSU is not out of our league. We had them on the ropes last year on the road. They barely beat a really bad Auburn and Florida team and got their asses kicked by a horrible A&M team, along with losing to Tennessee by almost 30 points. They will be favored to beat us but that’s going to be a really good football game that could go either way, as it has been for a decade now.
    Last edited by Jarius; 05-26-2023 at 09:05 AM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post

LSU at home is closer to a tossup than a guaranteed loss. They were not some overpowering force last year.

vCash
    LSU is not out of our league. We had them on the ropes last year on the road. They barely beat a really bad Auburn and Florida team and got their asses kicked by a horrible A&M team, along with losing to Tennessee by almost 30 points. They will be favored to beat us but that’s going to be a really good football game that could go either way, as it has been for a decade now.
    They will be better this year. That was Brian Kelly's first year. They out recruit us by a mile. We could pull it out but I highly doubt it. But it would be so MSU to thump LSU one Saturday and then go to USC the next and get murdered by Shane Beamer.

vCash
    They will be better this year. That was Brian Kelly's first year. They out recruit us by a mile. We could pull it out but I highly doubt it. But it would be so MSU to thump LSU one Saturday and then go to USC the next and get murdered by Shane Beamer.
    They have out recruited us forever and so has A&M but ask Jimbo how that paper tiger has worked out...

vCash
    LSU at home is closer to a tossup than a guaranteed loss. They were not some overpowering force last year.
    The logo on the helmet instills more fear in fans than it does players

vCash
    They are out of league. They have a top 5 coach and a ton of momentum. We have a first year coach and new offensive philosophy. It will take some game action to get our new offense down pat. Plus they "out talent" us by a mile (they 4th in the SEC and we are 12th). Talent doesn't mean everything (we punch way over our head in this area), but add talent to a good coach and more turning starters and you have the situation we are faced with. We have a chance, but when counting wins and losses before the season, you count that as a loss. We only have two high probability losses, which is pretty good.

vCash
    Should be fairly obvious that we're not playing last year's LSU team. They played a lot of young guys on the OL, and got better as the year went on. Their QB got better too. Yes, they lost to A&M, but that's become quite a rivalry game. It's kind of like the Egg Bowl - throw the records and expectations out. That outcome doesn't color my outlook.

Of course I can't guarantee the outcome of that game. But, LSU will (as usual) finish ahead of us in the SECW standings, and they will be favored against us. Their O/U for the season, per Vegas, is 9.5 wins. Ours is 6.5. They'll be a heavy favorite unless something crazy happens between now and then. But, hey, NCAAF can be totally unpredictable. Perhaps they end up being an overrated team that falls flat on their face. I'm willing to accept that I could be wrong on this. Personally, I don't think that's the barometer game because I think it's the 2nd hardest game on our schedule. But, if that's your barometer game, so be it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    They are out of league. They have a top 5 coach and a ton of momentum. We have a first year coach and new offensive philosophy. It will take some game action to get our new offense down pat. Plus they "out talent" us by a mile (they 4th in the SEC and we are 12th). Talent doesn't mean everything (we punch way over our head in this area), but add talent to a good coach and more turning starters and you have the situation we are faced with. We have a chance, but when counting wins and losses before the season, you count that as a loss. We only have two high probability losses, which is pretty good.
    ^^^^This^^^^

vCash
    The only guaranteed loss is Alabama. Our sacks shrink up at the sight of them.
    We can win any of the others. I still say we win 8 or 9 this year if the offense comes along.

vCash
    LSU is not out of our league. We had them on the ropes last year on the road. They barely beat a really bad Auburn and Florida team and got their asses kicked by a horrible A&M team, along with losing to Tennessee by almost 30 points. They will be favored to beat us but that?s going to be a really good football game that could go either way, as it has been for a decade now.
    I seem to remember that we also barely beat a very bad, disorganized, Cadillac williams led Auburn team. They also beat Alabama who beat us soundly. Over the past decade it has been a toss up, but what is our w/l against them over the last ten years?

vCash
    LSU has a running QB and the Dawgs can't catch a running QB. Proved that all last year.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We will be better on defense this year and our offense changing styles is not going to make that much of a difference because it was very mediocre last year. We have them at home. It’s not going to be a huge surprise to beat a team that lost 4 games last year at home.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I seem to remember that we also barely beat a very bad, disorganized, Cadillac williams led Auburn team. They also beat Alabama who beat us soundly. Over the past decade it has been a toss up, but what is our w/l against them over the last ten years?
    I seem to remember us beating the shit out of a bad Texas A&M team that stomped a mud hole in their ass last year. I seem to remember them barely beating that same auburn team. I seem to remember them barely beating a bad Florida team. I seem to remember them barely beating a bad Arkansas team. I seem to remember them getting boatraced by Tennessee. We are 3-7 the past ten years. We aren’t going to be favored, but it’s not going to be that big of an upset if we beat them. They are just ok offensively.
    Last edited by Jarius; 05-26-2023 at 04:09 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    They are not out of our league on the field of play. We had a 1 game difference in record last year and we return a ton just like they do and get them at home. They don’t have a ton of momentum. They lost 4 games. That’s not good by LSU standards. They took advantage of the SEC West when it was down and Alabama was not normal Alabama and then proceeded to get murdered every time they played a good sec opponent outside Alabama. The game will be very close. I think a lot of you are just looking at the fact that they won the West and beat Alabama without adding in the context of how they played the rest of the year against common opponents, along with the fact that Alabama wasn’t normal Alabama last year. Yea, Alabama boatraced us last year and will this year too because we piss our pants every time we see their uniform on the field with us, but they could have easily been 8-4 last year.
    Last edited by Jarius; 05-26-2023 at 04:35 PM.