Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will They Make A Lemonis Announcement If Staying?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Lemon said on saturday night that he "has had a thousand phone calls about interest the job opening". Hopefully he can pull a good one out of a thousand.
    If what I heard is true it looks like a good "get". His team will be in regionals and mostly likely want be announced for a while. Comes from a P5 program who has been good.
    We shall see.

vCash
    Lemon's college roommate coaches at a G5 and a PC that will make the NCAA's
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Not him. Don't think there is no connection from looking at the resume. Maybe my source is wrong but if he is right seems to be good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He stays we should invest a lot less care and $
    I don't have a problem with that at all. We've sucked for two years and I think one person (that's not a State fan) has said something to me about it. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter, not compared to football and basketball.

vCash
    No news is bad news.

He's staying.

I wish his contract could be restructured to be performance-based, because this nonsense will continue for a 3rd straight year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Obviously if he is let go, they will release a statement, but if they are officially keeping him will they release a statement? Or is no news our AD's way of saying he will be back?

I'd prefer to know one way or the other so we can at least turn our attention to football.
    Answer=No.

vCash
    We're targeting Rob Walters at Ok State.

Supposedly a deal to make him the 2nd highest paid pitching coach in the country behind Wes Johnson. We'll see
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 05-23-2023 at 01:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We're targeting Rob Walters at Ok State.

Supposedly a deal to make him the 2nd highest paid pitching coach in the country behind Wes Johnson. We'll see
    Year: ERA (conference placement out of 9)

2023: 5.19 (5th)
    2022: 4.82 (3rd)
    2021: 4.47 (5th)
    2020: 3.93 (7th)
    2018 and 2017 were even worse (well below 5th)

Are we supposed to be excited? Seems to be a slightly above average coach, not elite. What am I missing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Year: ERA (conference placement out of 9)

2023: 5.19 (5th)
    2022: 4.82 (3rd)
    2021: 4.47 (5th)
    2020: 3.93 (7th)
    2018 and 2017 were even worse (well below 5th)

Are we supposed to be excited? Seems to be a slightly above average coach, not elite. What am I missing?
    I'm excited if we pull it off. He's viewed as an elite developer across baseball. He's led the Big 12 in Ks the last 3 seasons. And while the ERA is up and down, none of those are awful. If our ERA is 5.19 this year, we're likely in a regional.

You also left out 2016 where they had a 3.21 ERA and led the conference in Ks. He won the national assistant coach of the year award that year.

His K/BB ratio is solid. Over 30 MLB draft picks. Former scout. Former head coach and a success one at that. Coached Team USA in 2008.

I'm all for it.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 05-23-2023 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    Surely he's learned about hiring friends.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'm excited if we pull it off. He's viewed as an elite developer across baseball. He's led the Big 12 in Ks the last 3 seasons. And while the ERA is up and down, none of those are awful. If our ERA is 5.19 this year, we're likely in a regional.

You also left out 2016 where they had a 3.21 ERA and led the conference in Ks. He won the national assistant coach of the year award that year.

His K/BB ratio is solid. Over 30 MLB draft picks. Former scout. Former head coach and a success one at that. Coached Team USA in 2008.

I'm all for it.
    Frankly, I don't care about Ks. I mean I do, but only as far as they play into what really matters: a low ERA. I also don't care how he's "viewed", I care about the actual on field results. Which we have a lot of

His eras over the past 7 years (includes his great 2016 team) has been just worse than 5th out of 9 teams. Literally below the conference average results across a long sample size of his recruits.

Would we make a regional with him? Probably. Would we have an elite staff? Probably not. At least not more than 1/7 seasons. Do we want to offer 2nd highest paid pitching coach money to a guy who would make us average-below average? Why we target a guy who will pretty much guarantee we won't go anywhere in the postseason due to his mediocre staffs?

Seriously though, why would I be excited about a guy who at the end of the day puts out mediocre results?

vCash
    Frankly, I don't care about Ks. I mean I do, but only as far as they play into what really matters: a low ERA. I also don't care how he's "viewed", I care about the actual on field results. Which we have a lot of

His eras over the past 7 years (includes his great 2016 team) has been just worse than 5th out of 9 teams. Literally below the conference average results across a long sample size of his recruits.

Would we make a regional with him? Probably. Would we have an elite staff? Probably not. At least not more than 1/7 seasons. Do we want to offer 2nd highest paid pitching coach money to a guy who would make us average-below average? Why we target a guy who will pretty much guarantee we won't go anywhere in the postseason due to his mediocre staffs?

Seriously though, why would I be excited about a guy who at the end of the day puts out mediocre results?
    Kewl.

I'm excited. You don't have to be. No one is making you

vCash
    I think he would be a decent hire, much better than Foxhall, comes from a good baseball program. I think he would also have the title of "assistant HC" whatever that means except more money, LOL.

I'd rather have a change at top, but I'm over the bitching for now on Lemonis, nothing I or We can do for now.

Also him having a new start may be good for him.

vCash
    Frankly, I don't care about Ks.
    We've been at or near the top in K's since Fuxhall got here, we have a bunch of blown up elbows and a team ERA of nearly 10.00 to show for it.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.