While I dont agree with some of the things Lemon does like screwing up Dakota Jordan the 1st half the season or not making Hugesak a 3rd baseman and cutting the cancer out of the team, or why we didnt have an SEC level SS- my biggest issues with the program centered around pitching. Pitching decisions, pitch-calling, pitching recruiting, not having guys heated and ready when we should. Those have been glaring issues since he and Fox got to town.

That has looked different since Fox was let go. The pitch-calling improved and was more FB friendly. We started challenging hitters at their hands more. Fewer instances of 6 or 7 straight breaking balls. Going to the pen quicker. Chewing a little ass on mound visits. Just looked better run the last 3 weeks.

We battled after the UPig series. We hustled- plays like Highfill hustling on the dropped flyball the other days. We took a series from LSU. We nearly took one from A&M.

We have to fix the pitching- period and this team will be back next season competing in the top 20 again. We have some good young talent with more coming in along with some injured guys returning. Need 4 quality guys from the portal and then a couple more for depth.

C- Highfill
1B- Hines
2B- Mershon
SS- Freshman or portal
3B- ??? (I'd work to put Hugesak here if he'll stay)
LF- ???? (Hugesak possibly here)
CF- Jordan
RF- ????

Fri- Simmons
Sat- Loo
Sun- Loftin or Holcombe
Midweek- Siary

Dohm
Auger
Tapper
Gartman (could return if not drafted)
No idea about Gibbs or Miller who didnt pitch this year